“Yoga for all!!”

Santorini Yoga With Veronika
Ranked #6 of 12 things to do in Karteradhos
More attraction details
Owner description: Yoga classes and holidays in Santorini. Group and private yoga classes. Hatha/flow yoga, full moon yoga, perinatal, baby and kids yoga.
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Me and my partner did Veronika's yoga classes twice a week for 7 weeks during our stay at Caveland. Neither of us had much experience, having done 2 or three yoga classes previously. We went into the classes open minded, excited to see how its done properly! What we both really enjoyed with Veronika's teaching style is the attention to detail she takes with each pose, we did a whole session on the downward dog pose, in order to completely understand how important that specific pose is, and how to complete the pose accurately so as to not damage ones back. By the second week I was already noticing an improvement in my flexibility and ability to improve into poses I previously struggled with. Every class is different, offering a variety. This attention to completing poses accurately meant that you begin to feel your muscles really working, engaging in what your doing and the classes begin to flow more, as your ability strengthens. I began the classes unable to touch my toes, I can now touch them! My partner has a bad knee, since doing Yoga with Veronika for the past 7 weeks he has had no issue with it. She is a fantastic teacher, suitable for beginners up to advanced, with poses ranging from easy to difficult. The music accompanying the sessions is relaxing, peaceful, and you leave the classes standing taller, feeling happy and accomplished. We both highly recommend these classes.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Eyes sealed, legs crossed on red yoga mat, arms and spine straight, fingers in mudra, and body weight evenly distributed on toosh. I inhale deep through nose, hold, and exhale long through mouth. I'm focused and I can't be phased. Eyes open slowly to sunrise and the warm Aegon sea air gently blows my bangs from my off eyes as a swarm of butterflies dance off the right corner of my peripheral view.

My experience with Veronika was exactly what I was looking for in a yoga retreat. The perfect balance of group yoga work amalgamated with the autonomy to enjoy the pleasures of discovering Santorini. Our itinerary composed of yoga twice a day (8am and 5:30pm) for 1 hour and 30 minutes over the course of 5 days. There was a good mix of hatha yoga with one yin yoga class on the beach. Veronika is charming in every way. We had students with varying levels of skill and she ensured the safety and comfort of each posture for everyone in class. She even took all of us on a romantic field trip to watch the Fira sunset. She has the crystal hazel green eyes that resemble Cameron Diaz and the wholesome laugh of Julia Roberts with Victoria Beckham's celebrated bobbed hair. And after having her new baby boy, she has the body of Jessica Beale. Yes, the world is a grievously unfair place.

My review comes highly recommended so please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about my experience.

Namaste fellow travelers!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

After a very social weekend in Athens to start our holiday, Santorini was without doubt the perfect place to escape and just switch off from big City stresses ( London ) .

I found Veronika, by pure chance- I googled 'yoga' & 'Santorini' a month before going, as due to a change of job six months previous I had lapsed on my practise and really missed it.

As most people know with yoga, the key to getting the most from a class is finding a teacher who from the moment they introduce themselves make you feel at ease.

Veronika is one of those people -from our first conversation & rolling out of mats, I felt at complete ease.She lets you explain what you want from the practise, your frame of mind & creates a sequence of postures to release tension,find balance, challenge (if you want) & leave you feeling positive in mind & spirit.

I managed to get 3 classes in 5 days & each time the practice was adjusted to just what my body/mind needed to feel rebalanced.

I have been practising yoga on & off for nearly seven years. I can without hesitation say, Veronika is truly a gifted yogi.

Thank you & Namaste!

I

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Yoga in Caveland is an amazing experience. Wonderful place for sun salutation and exercising – at the terrace with a view at the sea and peaceful surrounding.
Veronika is an incredible person, full of love and passion for what she does.
Groups are not very big so it allows for individual care and guidance.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I loved the classes because for the first time i really felt the results of yoga in my spirit. I recomend to everyone, especially to who has the opportunity to do it frequently. But I also took some friends to try and they started to parctice even in their origin country, so it means that they really enjoyed as well the experience. Teacher tries to explain the aim for each position and the effect in our body which is really good. If I were in santorini i would never give up of this class every week.