“Outstanding Tour”

Private Santorini Tours - Private Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 12 things to do in Karteradhos
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a family run business and passionate about showing you the best of Santorini with professional Driver Guides and comfortable vehicles to see the Greek Island at your own pace and go off the beaten track to see the real Santorini. Our Santorini Private tours are designed for those who do not want to travel with strangers. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed personal or corporate private tour services with the ultimate in comfort, courtesy, reliability, and dependability at an affordable price. Being a family run luxury tour operator in Santorini, we are able to treat our clients in the way that we ourselves would wish to be treated.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We visited Santorini as a port of call on a cruise. We felt that shore excursions offered by the cruise line would be both expensive and cumbersome sharing a bus with 40 fellow travelers. So we contacted Private Santorini Tours and arranged for a private excursion. Our group consisted of six travelers. We were met a the top of the cable car by Gregory, our private guide and taken to a new and comfortable Mercedes Benz minibus. He was an excellent guide, explaining many facets of life in the island and showing us the best spots, such as the red beach, Akrotiri, Imerovigli village and Oia. We had time for walking and taking photographs. We had an outstanding tour with Gregory and highly recommend Private Santorini Tours for anyone who wants to enjoy visiting Santorini.

7  Thank Hugo929

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Our note to this tour company upon completion of our June 2012 tour.

"Hello Marios,

We just wanted to let you know that we were delighted with our tour in Santorini. Gregory was an excellent tour guide and driver and we loved our time there. Thank you. Please tell Gregory that we appreciated everything and will recommend him and you highly.

Kind Regards,
Jan"

Santorini was a life's dream of mine. Since I saw my first travel photo as a child up to our journey there (I am 58) I knew that some day I must visit this place. Last June we went on a Mediterranean cruise and fortunately one of our ports was Santorini. I arranged a tour in advanced (based on many online recommendations) with Private Santorini Tours. They were in touch with me often before the visit and gave me very clear instructions on meeting up with our guide. Our party (nine people, all adults, sisters, brothers, cousins, friends) had an outstanding experience in Santorini. Our guide Gregory took such great care of us and worked hard to make sure we got the most from our visit. We would highly recommend using this company for any tours you plan there. I'm sure all the guides were excellent but if I were to repeat this experience I would definitely ask for Gregory - patient, kind, good sense of humor, and informed. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

5  Thank jani1103
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I attended a wedding in Santorini at the end of September. We wanted to maximize our time to see the whole island, and we decided to go with Private Tour of Santorini after reading good reviews. John was very prompt in replying to my emails. I scheduled a private day tour and a pick up from the airport. Our tour guide was Gregory, who also picked us up from the airport. We took the 5am morning flight from Athens, and I suggest you take a later flight since nothing is open around town. We had to wait outside our hotel, since the reception office did not open until 9am. Pls. verify hotel hrs of operation to avoid this situation. Once Gregory drops us off at the hotel, he suggested picking us up at 3pm to start our tour, so we will be able to see the sunset at Oia during the end of the tour. He was very prompt and asks us what we wanted to see. Since we were not sure on what to see, we let him decided. He was very flexible on the schedule for some sites we wanted to stay longer or shorter. He just knows all the great spots that many tourists would not know about. He knows where to take great pictures of the island and sunset in Oia. He definitely saved us time in seeing the whole island. It was a nice touch of him to buy us bottled water during the tour, as we didn’t expect it. At the end of the tour, we ask him for a recommendation on where to eat for dinner. He suggested Anogi, and he even went inside to reserve a table for us, so we did not even have to wait in the queue to get a table.

from UTC
WA-USA

3  Thank foraudi
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had a great time on this tour. We were one of the later groups coming off the cruise ship, and our tour guide had to wait for us. I was so glad to see him!! Plan on an hour to get off the ship and take the cable car up to meet the tour guide. I underestimated the time. Anyway, we had a great tour of the island. It is the only way to go!! I was able to see so much more in the amount of time we had--it was so worth it. Have fun.

5  Thank MJK13
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We arrived on Santorini in the afternoon from our cruise ship from Norweigian. We were met at the appointed time with Victoria's smiling face! We took a brief walk to our vehicle, which we were surprised to find was a very large, air-conditioned tour van. Since there were five of us in our family, we needed more than the typical sedan and we didn't want to split up since we had younger daughters on the trip with us. Victoria gave us the run-down of every site we visited, while another young man drove us.

Markos was wonderful to work with prior to the trip and responded quickly and professionally via e-mail to ensure that we would be satisfied with our tour arrangements. I would highly recommend this tour company and would gladly take it again if/when we visit the beautiful island of Santorini in the future!

4  Thank Nanci Y