“Very good experience”

Ranked #1 of 15 Karteradhos B&B and Inns
Nantes, France
“Very good experience”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We loved staying in pension stella. George and Stella are very nice. They took us to the port and they helped us to plan our week in Santorini. The hotel is situated in a very quiet place and you just have to walk 15 min to be in Fira town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Thank you so much to George and Stella for being the best hosts.

Super friendly, kind and hospitable.

Rooms were clean and comfortable.

10 mins walk into town.

Fantastic bakery 2 mins away.

Wonderful place. Highly recommend

• Stayed August 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I decided to stay in Pension Stella based on the positive reviews from other TA members. We arrived at 1am due to some delay in the ferry from Piraeus and George and Stella were already waiting for us at the port. They whisked us back to the pension, told us to get some rest and the next day George will only brief us on what to do. Both husband and wife fully manage the pension themselves and i mean it. From picking up guest right down to cleaning the rooms and toilet. Both of them showed us the true meaning of hospitality. Lovely simple rooms, amazing pool with white-washed walls. Nearby the Pension down the road there is a family owned bakery that operates 24 hrs and as well as some other restaurant that were recommended by George himself. Would definitely recommend Pension Stella to anyone that is reading this now!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed with George and Stella for 4 nights in May this year and were thoroughly charmed by these lovely people. We were island-hopping with no accommodations booked, so Stella picked us out at the port and convinced us to stay with them and we were so glad we did. These people couldn't do enough for us. The room was quite large (and reasonably priced) and had a balcony overlooking the pool, which was really nice and George booked us a boat trip around Santorini and supplied me anyway, with lots of hugs. Stella did some laundry for us and they recommended places to see and where to eat. We didn't really need to do anything, Their place is a 15 minute walk into the town of Fira and you can walk down the steps (lots of donkeys!) or take a cable car into the port from Fira. George drove us up and down from the port and knew when the ferry was going to be on time or not - we still don't know how he knew! Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: They only have 10 rooms and they are all shapes and sizes, so I imagine there is one to fit differen...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

First I want to thank George and Stella for their great hospitality, I chose Pension Stella based on reviews here and all were exactly how it really is, George kept in contact with me before my trip as I had many questions. I stayed there for 12 nights and traveled solo so I had a lovely room with a balcony overlooking the pool. I was picked up at the airport and taken back to the airport which is a big plus to me. The room had everything I needed and was spotless every day as Stella would come in and clean the rooms every day. Anything I needed they helped me with, The location is great as you are half way to either Fira or the beaches and the bus stop is 2 minutes away, there is a supermarket right there and a bakery and some fantastic little restaurants which I went to nearly everyday for fresh fish. I felt completly safe walking at night time on my own and everyone in the town is so friendly. I met a lot of people who came and went as I noticed most stay 2 to 3 days then go on to another island I was happy to stay there the whole time, I slept with my windows open and there is no noise compared to what there is up in Fira. I would say that this place is perfect for single, couples or people with kids to go and stay and the hospitality cannot be beat.

Room Tip: having a room overlooking the pool is great
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

As this was our first trip to Santorini, we were unsure where to stay and so we picked Pension Stella based upon the reviews on Tripadvisor. We were certainly not disappointed! George and Stella are the most welcoming of hosts. As their place was full for a few nights of our stay we went to a couple of other places too. George helped us find a beautiful family run Pension down in Perissa (see review of Stelios Place in Perissa). George ferried us to/from the airport, he took us down to meet Stelios and he also picked us from the hotel we stayed at in Imerovigli. One day we were going out for coffee at breakfast time and we bumped into George. He told us to have breakfast on him and he made us go and sit on our balcony while he made us coffee and brought us some cake - just a great,friendly touch. Stella keeps the rooms immaculately clean and nothing is too much trouble for either of them. The Pension is situated in the small village of Karterados which is relatively quiet but the bus stop is a couple of minutes away which takes you into Fira in 5 minutes and the beach at Kamari in 10-15 mins. All in all it's a great place in which to base yourself for a stay on the lovely island of Santorini.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Pension Stella is an amazing place to stay! I can't say enough good things about owners George and Stella. They are warm, kind, welcoming, and helpful. We were picked up and dropped off at the port by George. The rooms at Pension Stella were spacious and impeccably clean, as was the common kitchen area and pool. The pool area was a great place to relax and have some downtime! The Free Wifi is a great bonus! Stella always had cake available in the kitchen. Also, there is an amazing traditional bakery right up at end of the street (actually my favorite bakery during 2 weeks in Greece!) The location of Pension Stella is great! It's just a short walk into the main town of Fira. We chose to rent cars to explore the whole island, and George arranged all of that for us. There was always ample street parking in front of the Pension. George also recommended and arranged a boat tour for us (a great, unforgettable experience). Overall, I would absolutely recommend Pension Stella to anyone visiting Santorini! It's a can't miss combination of quality, friendliness, and hospitality that make the value of your trip that much more!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karteradhos
Stavros Villas
#5 of 15 in Karteradhos
Pension George
Pension George
#2 of 15 in Karteradhos

Been to Pension Stella? Share your experiences!