All reviews the owner restaurants and shops booked hotel early ferry summer heat family run hotel free of charge swimming pool greek yogurt ferry port nice pool main town clean rooms stayed nights crete airport shuttle
Reviewed September 19, 2017

went on the 1 day ferry from heraklion and booked this hotel, omg we were put next to the wash house at the back with no balcony or indeed views (unless you count the bedding blowing in the wind) dark and gloomy with a very strong smell of mould. Apparently the upper floors are the ones on the picture, was that bad we complained to our tour rep and after 5 mins of showing them our pics they very quickly ferried us off the island with apologies and full refund, owner not happy that we complained and said we should have said we wanted a window, dear god , beds were sweat stained and so were the couches in the dungeon, will upload pics soon to show you. shower ceiling was covered in mould and mushrooms. Stay well away as its a bit of a trek to anything at all unless you want to eat out of the petrol station 5 mins up the road, very cheap and disgusting, know its a 1 star but come on it should be clean and fresh. Reception is dated and smells of a mixture of mould and damp, breakfast area is not clean. I review here when i can and this has to be the filthiest hole I've ever set eyes upon, so make sure you get a room with a balcony although you won't see much there either. As the owner states it is 1 star not good star!!! his words not mine.

Room tip: run to the hills
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

This place was an absolute treasure, the rooms were newly refurbished and spotless, with a huge bed and the pool right by my room, all I had to do was roll out of bed for a morning swim. The weather usually makes me uncomfortable and grumpy and on holiday you never know what kind of shower your going to get, the showers were beautiful and spacious with a wide overhead faucet and a handy accompanying shower head. I arrived and left at very inconvenient hours but both times they were able to collect me from and drop me to the airport and store my bags when needed.
My absolute favorite part about the whole stay were the people both Michael and Kostos, they need to be commended for their the work they do, they work so hard and were always so helpful with my million and one questions and they often went out of their way to assist me with planning my trips around the island or just helping me at the hotel with bags or adapters. As a single woman traveling alone they made me feel very safe and comfortable during my stay.
I loved my trip to this beautiful island, This is the place to stay in Santorini. Thank you to alll the people at the Kalisperis Hotel for making my trip so relaxing and enjoyable.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank siobhan003
Reviewed August 16, 2017

stayed here for an overnight stay to see the Sunset at Oia, very friendly staff who would do anything to help you....Rooms clean and pool area excellent...it takes about 20 mins walk and you are in centre of Thira, would recommend

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank dl2068
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Hotel chosen partly because of such excellent reviews & we were not disappointed. Rooms have everything you need, a safe, AC, wifi, balcony, fridge, & cleaned daily.
Hotel has a pool, a bar, serves breakfast - if you want it, & provides a room to shower & change on your leaving day if you need it.
Staff are welcoming,helpful & simply cannot do enough for you. Its family run & its reputation is well & truly earned & deserved.
The location is great with regular buses just outside the door, the only issue is the moped/car noise but we soon got used to it.
Great bakery next door sells cakes baguettes & coffee & is open till midnight
supermarket is less than 10 mins walk & sells everything you could need
Despite all the amazing beautiful places on this island - we would not hesitate to return here. Would be diffucult to beat value for money for the services provided. Well done Babis

Room tip: our room was at the front so there was a lot if road noise so rooms at the back may be better but would not be able to see the sea.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a 2 day visit from Crete. The owner picked us up from the centre and welcomed us with a cold drink and a chat about the hotel / facilities etc. Our room was basic but clean and had everything you need, AC, towels, TV even a hairdryer. There is a pool area with loungers and chairs which is great in this hot climate. This is a family hotel and we found the owner to be very helpful with suggestions about eateries/ buses etc he also dropped us at the ferry when we departed. There is a fab bakery next door too which has the best filled baguettes I have ever tried . I would recommend this place especially on a budget.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple