“Excellent Place to Stay in Stalis”
Review of Hotel Villa Anna

Hotel Villa Anna
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Stalis
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Excellent Place to Stay in Stalis”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We found these lovely apartments by looking on Trip Advisor they looked so good and had excellent reviews so we booked. We also emailed the owner to ask some questions about the apartments, Villa Anna was on Facebook so I added owner Iraklis Pahiadakis and we kept in touch prior to our holiday.

I have no negative comments to say about Villa Anna it was chilled relaxing, lovely surroundings and the pool area is fab. The Owner is a great guy helpful and made the time every day to come and see us, have a drink or just sit and chat. He gave us tips of where to go and everywhere he recommended was excellent.

The Apartments on near to the main road, but I have to say there was no noise that affected our holiday at all. Stalis was fairly quiet when we first arrived which to be honest was good as it gave us time to find our way around. The Apartments are a short walk to the main beach area and bars and restaurants.

Villa Anna is a gem of a place to stay, and you know you will have a friend for life with Iraklis, its family owned and they ensure the rooms and area's are cleaned daily. There is internet area, pool bar inside but you dont need to sit indoors.

Rooms are big and the front facing ones are just as good as the back ones, its s fairly big complex and the weather hits you with sun wherever you are. Although I personally prefer the first floors rooms overlooking the road.

All I can say is give it a try you will not hear any negatives on Villa Anna as its very well looked after and its a holiday you will always remember, People go back year after year and I can see why.

Iraklis will ensure you have an excellent stay and you will be sure to friends for a very long time.

Room Tip: Rooms front facing are good for sitting on the balcony watching the world go by
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pauly44
Thank u so much!!
Hope u ad a very nice holidays and was nice to meet u.
Hope to see u again!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Greek first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed at the Villa Anna the last 2 weeks in June 2012. I was travelling alone and arrived at 2.30am. The hotel owner Iraklis was waiting for me and showed me to my room. I was very pleased at the size of the apartment which consisted of hall entrance leading to kitchen/dining room which, I was glad to see, had a full size fridge. Opposite the kitchen was the wc/shower room. Next was the living/bedroom which had a very nice dressing table with large mirror and a large fitted wardrobe.
Double doors led out onto a large balcony which looked out onto the mountains. Both the patio doors and the kitchen window were double glazed and I did not hear any noise from my neighbours at any time. This is a big plus for me.

Outside my room on the landing is some very nice furniture. The owner when showing me around was very proud and indeed has every right to be.

Outside is a lovely pool area. The pool is very clean and there are plenty of sunbeds. There is a nice bar area and Iraklis placed a large tv there at night so we could watch the Euro's.

Stalis has a lovely sandy beach and is close to the accomodation.

I would definitley recommend Villa Anna to anyone, a lovely bright clean place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Chris-Lowndes
Thank u so much!!
Thank u also for your nice words about our Hotel!!
Hope to see u again!!
Hull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We have just returned from a weeks stay in villa Anna, which was as all the reviews say amazing. When we first arrived it was around midnight but was met by the hotel owner and straight away introduced himself and helped us carry our cases to our room! The rooms are lovely and spacious and very clean.
The family who run the hotel are really friendly and you can sit and have a good chat to them about anything, nothing was to much to ask for! They really pride themselves on being friendly and polite and there was no complaints at all! Everything was perfect and the location of the Villa is next to a main road but don't let that put you off as the views around the back of the mountain are stunning and we had a sea view from our room! There is also a gate that can be shut at anytime so no worries about children running out. There is also a bus stop outside the Villa where you can go to the local towns for a few euros. About 2 houses down there is a little shop which is also a bakery which must be tried, we had croissants for our breakfast from there most days!
Its only a short walk from the beach and all the bars and restaurants where we found a lovely Italian one opposite the church where the food was to die for! Would recommend it to anyone! And also the cafe which does ice cream cones opposite was on of our favorite places to grab a snack!
I would also recommend the horse trails from Amarillis Stable's we went on the 5 hour ride or there is a 2 hour one but we went through the mountains using the old roads, up and over into a small town the views was beautiful and the tour guide will also take pictures on your camera so you have a picture book to remember it by!! Even my partner who has never been on a horse found it one of the best parts of the holiday!
Would book again to this hotel with out a doubt! We had an amazing week away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LisaNJason
Thanu so much!!
Hope to see u again in future!!
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Very friendly people, great pool and rooms! Have been there approx 10 times! I love it!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Sallytab
Thank u so much dear!!
Hope to see u soon again!!
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Myself and my partner stayed for two weeks in June 2012 and I must say it was a great stay. Our flight was delayed for three hours and we arrived in Stallis at around half 2 in the morning local time. The host, Iraklis was there to meet us, show us our room (which was very nice - spacious, good kitchen and eating area and a very nice balcony with a view of the sea) and got us settled in. While the apartment was much more than necessary for a sun holiday and very comfortable, the best part of the place was the pool and bar area. If Iraklis isn't saying "oh dear" while making you a frappe baileys or being slightly biased when Greece were playing in the football then we were in the pool getting splashed by his adoreable daughter Anna Maria. The hotel was also five minutes walk from the main strip with many bars, restaurants and the beach - I must recommend Amici for a great dinner. There are also bus stops just outside the hotel going to Malia, Hersonissos, Heraklion, Agios Nikolaos etc. I would definitely advise taking a bus to Agios Nikolaos and getting a boat trip to Spinolonga. Overall this was an amazing holiday where the two weeks absolutely flew in. If I could recommend one place to stay in Crete it would be Villa Anna.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank AntoinM
Thank u so much!!
Everything that u write its truth!!
Hope to see u again!!
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is an amazingly good hotel, location to the beach is perfect, not too close that you have noise all nyt but literally a 5 min walk so close enough, shops on your doorstep, bus stops again on your doorstep, and the pool was always clean, with plenty of sunbeds, but by far the best thing about this hotel are the owners, they provide everything you could need for a good holiday, welcoming you in as if you are staying in their own home, always able and willing to provide advice on the best places to go and ways to travel to them, up for a chat and a bit of fun by the pool and bar, and their daughter anna marie is not only gorgeous but lethal with a water gun! I cannot recommend this hotel enough, and I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank mckeown_ciara
Thank u so much!!
Everything u say its truth!!
Northants
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have just returned from a fab week in Stalis staying at the Villa Anna apartments. The location for us was very good with bus stops right out side the hotel so my daughter could get the bus into Malia (where she is working for the summer) On arrival I found the hotel owner Iraklis to be very welcoming and friendly. The room was clean and spacious with a complementary bottle of Ouzo and bottle of water in the fridge. I decided to pay 35 euros for the airconditioning but to be fair the fan in the bedroom probably would of sufficed. On my departure the transfer company faxed the hotel to say that my pick up was at 11.30 am, this for me was far too early when my flight was at 5.30pm. Iraklis contacted the company on my behalf and also cancelled the transfer for me. The bus stop across the road takes you to Heraklion airport for less than 4 euros and it takes less than an hour. Worth bearing in mind before you pay for a transfer. When I asked what time he would like us to vacate the room, he waved his hand and said just when you are ready. Stalis itself has lots of lovely tavernas and in the day we went to the Ocean restaurant where they offer free sunbeds and parasols on the beach. We did eat lunch there a few times which was good value and very nice. All holiday we ate out as it was far cheaper than buying from the supermarkets. If I was to visit Stalis again I would book without a doubt book a room at Villa Anna.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kingy7
Thank u so much!!
Thank u also for your nice and kindy words about our Hotel and Me.
Hope to see u again one day!!