I have stayed at Rainbow three times in total once as a single traveller and twice with a friend. I have to say its the nicest hotel I have stayed in in Stalis. It is just set back off the main road but because there are extensive front gardens, you dont get the noise of the road - on the subject of the main road, people always comment about it as if its like staying next to the middle the M1 or the centre of London..... in fact its nothing like that at all .... I live on a road which is ten times busier.... It really isn't very busy at all.
Anyway, I digress - Maria and the family keep a wonderful hotel, very picturesque and clean and the rooms are certainly large and airy. Cleaning is done on a regular basis and kitchen equipment is plentiful - if you need anything else you can just ask... simple!
Swimming pool always clean and the bar is well stocked and there is always a lovely selection of snacks both hot and cold and the surrounding gardens are always well kept and pretty.
When you come out of Rainbow, turn left and you will find a little supermarket which is ideally placed and next to that is a real Greek Ouzerie called Tsourlis Place - its lovely and the food cooked by George is absolutely delicious (all the local Greek people go there to eat which says a great deal)
Stalis HAS lost a lot of its Creten feel over the past ten or so years (I started visiting Crete in 1993 so its my 20 year Anniversary this year :-) But its still a great place to be certainly earlier in the season. Its very much a couples or singles resort and the beach is beautiful.
I agree with previous comment - visit Relax Bar but also Nemo, Themis, Kaliana, and Beachcomber to name but a few. You will however soon find your favourites. Wishing you all very happy holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Apartments in Stalis Crete are a delightful, family-run holiday apartment complex with an inviting, friendly atmosphere. The Rainbow Apartments enjoy an enviable position near the sandy beach in seaside resort Stalis in Crete, Greece.At Rainbow Apartments tradition and innovation blend perfectly: 19 Standard and 22 Superior studios and apartments feature all modern amenities in a contemporary setting with timeless charm and impeccable service. The apartments offer splendid views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Bay of Stalis. Blessed with a mild climate year-round, Rainbow Apartments have a large outdoor swimming pool in stylish surroundings and with a mature, Meditteranean garden. Water sports and leisure opportunities are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rainbow Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Apartments Hotel Stalis
- Rainbow Apartments Stalís
- Rainbow Apartments Hotel Stalís
- Rainbow Apartments Crete/Stalis, Greece