after returning home after 2 weeks at the end of august from the paradise apartments we cannot thank nikos and katelina enough for making our stay most enjoyable nikos and katelina are the perfect hosts they go the extra mile in helping you with any thing so you will enjoy your holiday the rooms are bright and spacious and cleaned every day except sunday towels changed every couple of days bedding once or twice a week tissue bins in bathroom emptied each day they hold a weekly bbq which costs 15 euros each person very good very good value and plenty of choices to eat from also a good time to meet other guests the bar gets busy in the evenings and eases off about 12oclock although nikos stays open until the early hours we had drinks a few times until 2.30 inthe morning prices for drinks 2euros a glass of wine 1.60 to 2 euros a beer spirits and mixture 4 euros very reasonable indeed a very good location away from the centre of resort so had peaceful nights sleep every night we cannot thank nikos katelina enough for making our holiday one to remember excellent. we found the best beach by far was turn right out of the apartments walk about 100 yards on the opposite side you will see icarus resort walk through side gate and you will end up on the lovely sandy beach. sunbeds 1.50euros each umbrellos 2 euros each well worth it for lazy days on beach places to eat one minute from where you are laying. if you turn left out of the paradise apartments it takes around10 15 minutes to walk to the centre of stalis resort depending how quick you walk you have lots of restaurants to choose from camelot we found was very good local and international cuisine very reasonable prices for drinks meals found services a little slow but none the less was very good . the Kaliana was the other restaurant we found it was a gem of a place the service was excellant the food was well prepared and absolutely lovely every thing about the restaurant well run the waiters very polite and courteous and making sure you enjoyed your meal.you get free shots at the end of your meal whilest waiting for the bill we had various cuisines during the nine nights out of our two weeks we dined there international and local dishes absolutely superb highly recommend kleftika stifado and swordfish all prices very reasonable our family included 3 adults and 3 teenagers and for drinks starters and main meals our bills were between 65 euros 80 euros very very good indeed . the best bars we found were the rovers return who run quizzes and karaoke nightly cheapest place in town for a bottle of bud unheard of anywhere 2.50 euros beers 1.60 to2 euros a glass wine 2 euros a glass spirits with a mixture 4 to 5 euros but our favourite bar to wind down after a lazy day at the beach was by far the Red Lion we met and made many friends whilest we were there and keep in touch via internet Yannie who owns the bar is a true gent gave us many free shots from a menu with a choice of 60 shots to pick from as well as drinks also gave us a free round of apple pie and icecream the breakfast we had there 4 euros well worth the money for a full english and very well cooked as other meals we had there during our stay the prices for drinks there were about same as other places a beer 1.60 2 euros a glass wine 2 euros a glass spirits with a mixture 4 euros cannot go wrong at these prices Yannies son Billy runs Bliss opposite always busy Billys wife had a baby girl while we were there hope mum and baby are doing well and in the best of health as the rest of family as well. the d/j is run by a guy named Ricky a man u fan but a very nice guy as well as the rest of the bar staff but a very special thank you to Iliana and Sophie for making our nights at the Red Lion hillarious many a laugh was had by all thoroughly enjoyed ourselfs every night Yammas the day befor we left Yannie presented us with a lovely gift to take home as did IIiana who gave us each a gift to take home a Guesture that was well appriciated by each of us Good health and Prosperity to you all Yammas as first time to Stalis it certainly is not our last Wonderful Wonderful resort already booked for next year we cant wait to see you all and have a drink or two with all of you YammasYammas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Apartments are located in the peaceful seaside settlement of Stalis or Stalida as it is known locally. The location is just 34 kilometers from Heraklion airport and nearby you will find many shops, restaurants, rent a car dealers and tour agents for your excursions in Crete. Our swimming pool with the surrounding garden invites our guests to have a lazy day sunbathing and feel relaxed while their children play safe in our paddling pool. Our poolside snack bar with a friendly atmosphere attracts you to enjoy a drink or a light meal during the day or participate on barbecue parties. Also during the day time you can go for a nice swim and in the crystal clear sea of Stalis and relax on the long golden sandy beach which is just 150 meters from Paradise Apartments. The complex contains 10 peaceful and spacious apartments and 2 studios and are for three to four people. Each apartment and studio is fully furnished and with a fully equipped kitchen. Also each apartment has its own private balcony where you can relax with a refreshing drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Paradise Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Apartments Hotel Stalis
- Paradise Apartments Crete/Stalis, Greece