Anastasia Hotel
$84
$81
Hotels.com
Hotel Villa Anna(Stalis)(Great Value!)
$43
$122
$116
  • Breakfast included
Latania(Stalis)(Great Value!)
$58
  • Pool
Dias Hotel & Apartments(Stalis)(Great Value!)
$41
Rainbow Apartments(Stalis)(Great Value!)
$48
$47
1,367 results
All reviewsdancing girlskids clubhot mealentertainment every nightquick changefree fridgefree entertainmentnext yeargreat holidaymanager michaelfantastic hotelcrazy golfbreakfast and evening mealtable tennisfish fingersnight porterplenty of sunbeds
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Michael the owner/manager is to be praised for what he has achieved here ,and around him are possibly the best staff you could ever meet .
For what you pay you will receive a great package holiday .
Everybody has a different aspect of what they hope to find on foreign holidays .
For me , the hotel is merely a base from which I can explore the area.
I visited hersonisos ,the island of Spinalonga and Krassi in the mountains .
I therefore did not use all the facilities at my disposal in the hotel .
However I do feel qualified to say that with dining being an important part of my package , ALL the catering staff , especially Vana and Maria complement a first rate service with a few laughs thrown in . ( No extra charge ) .
However , do please be aware that part of the hotel is built on a slope and can involve steps or ramps , so this may not suit the less mobile .
Also , by Michael,s admission this is a three *** hotel , so you may find the furniture a bit dated .
In my case I found sleeping a problem on spring-interiors .
So in fairness , I don,t compare with what I get at four **** this or five ***** that ,but it is my opinion that Anastasia is quite possibly the best three *** ever .
Would I stay here again ? Never say never .

Room Tip: I would request a standard room in the main block if mobility is a problem .
1  Thank DAVID B
MichalisFotakis, General Manager at Anastasia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words and for choosing our Hotel for your Summer Holidays.
We are happy you have enjoyed your holiday.
Just for the record, all our rooms have fine wood furnishing and marbles, so i can not see what is meant by dated furniture and what was expected....sorry...:)

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

A lovely place with some absolutely exceptional staff!

From Vana at dinner, to Mike at reception to Teris at the bar, in fact all the staff are absolutely wonderful and can't do more to help.

The hotel itself has a main pool, a kids pool and another small pool if you'd like a quieter day. the water is obviously unheated and a tad cold as we went in October.
I'd say the soft drinks a tad overpriced at the pool bar, £2 for a glass of soda :o

The owner of the hotel is Michael, the best way to describe him is to mention the fact that he got up and sang at the karaoke night too (pretty well may I add!). Michael and his family also eat dinner at the hotel with guests, which I think is a nice touch.

The hotel guest room are all en suite with a full bathroom, either a shower over a bath or a shower cubicle. Ample wardrobe and storage space is provided. Each room has free efficient air conditioning, TV and fridge. Payable at extra cost you can hire a kettle (1 euro per day) and safety deposit box (10 Euros per week). Some people have commented that the mattresses are too firm for them to enjoy a good sleep but neither of us have ever experienced any problems with the bed comfort. The maid service is excellent, the rooms are serviced every day but my only gripe was that the bathroom needed an extractor, could get a little damp!

For only 2 Euros you can hire large soft pool towels, saves a lot of weight in your luggage. This is per stay, but if you want to change your towel any time during your stay this is another 2 Euros per towel.

The meals in the restaurant are buffet style, breakfast is served from 7,30-10am, whilst Dinner is 6.30-9pm. You have a choice of sitting inside or out depending on your preference. I'd say I land in the middle of the food reviews. All the food was served nice and hot, however the non-greek food was a tad same-y but that's a minor gripe.
Vana and Maria do an awesome and incredibly smiley job of keeping meal times easy and clean, thank you!

There was entertainment every evening, and it's free so why complain? We enjoyed most of it, especially the transformations show, the bingo, quiz and karaoke nights!
Once per week ,on a Sunday is BBQ night followed by cocktail evening and a film.

It was our first time but we met many people who have been coming for years, not really surprising! I'm already about to book this hotel for my parents as a surprise holiday next year.

Thank you all, and sorry if I've missed anyone out by name! Have a lovely close season break!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ajlondon85
MichalisFotakis, General Manager at Anastasia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

We are happy you have enjoyed your holiday.
We look forward to welcoming you and your parents back to our Hotel next Summer.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We booked our holiday at the Anastasia hotel, Crete, having never been to the island before, last minute. We had the best time ever. What a fantastic hotel! Wonderful staff, who all worked really hard to make everything perfect, fab food, clean and spacious rooms with a great view, and beautiful surroundings. Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
MixalisFotakis, General Manager at Anastasia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Reviewed October 20, 2013

If you are looking for a relaxed friendly atmosphere, spotlessly clean rooms and lovely staff then this hotel is for you. The food was very good and was varied each night. There was live entertainment 3 nights per week and bearing in mind its free was good family fun. The bar snacks and drinks were reasonably priced too. There is a road in front of the hotel with an underpass to the beach but it was not very busy and we didn't find it noisy at all. The hotel is situated close enough to Malia if you want the nightlife but far enough away to avoid it too. You can walk into Stalis with bars and shops along the route. All round great hotel, staff and facilities.

Room Tip: There are steps on site so discuss with hotel or travel agent before arrival if you have walking difficulties.
1  Thank Gina R

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to this fantastic hotel in the last 3 years and the level of service, quality of food and general welcome never falters. Michael (the owner) has gathered a fantastic team of staff to help cater for the needs of everyone and they all go the extra mile to make sure everyone has the best holiday. You would have to be very picky to find any fault with this hotel, the facilities or the staff. Some reviewers have said the nightly entertainment is poor, which comes down to personal taste, but just remember that all nightly shows are free and you don't have to watch! All in all a fabulous holiday yet again and looking forward to returning next year. Keep up the good work Michael.

1  Thank steco100
MixalisFotakis, General Manager at Anastasia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words and fr choosing our Hotel for the last 3 years for your Summer Holidays.
We are happy you have enjoyed once again your holiday.