“Disappointing management support after theft in my room ! !”

Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Stalis
Dublin, Ireland
“Disappointing management support after theft in my room ! !”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

My daughter Keira and I spent 2 weeks at the Horizon Beach recently and unfortunately a gold Claddagh bracelet was STOLEN from our room . . . Only the bracelet . . Unusual in itself. . . Room NOT broken into so no need to report to the police. I had 3 meetings with Mr. Stelios who finally told me that he believed me and he agreed to compensate me €100 towards the cost of a replacement. However three days later Mr. Stelios REFUSED to follow up on his agreement and after a heated conversation with him he shouted at me to "get out of my office" . . . .etc. etc. bad management . . .no tourist support . . . No public relation skills . . . Bad manners Mr. Stelios and a VERY disappointing manner in which to treat your guests. We will DEFINATELY return to Stalis but will definately NOT stay at the Horizon Beach. Barbara Kenny Dublin

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Barbara K

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed September 3, 2012

IMyself and my girlfriend recently stayed in this "Hotel" we were of the belief that the hotel was a 4 star as advertised. Instead we were put up in the Stelios Apartments at the rear of the hotel, it had no elevator, plus we were even charged for aircon €40 for the week, I am of the belief that it did not even work properly. Furthermore the apartment did not even have a shower just a bath with a plastic shower head attached. This place comprises of a "hotel" and three blocks of apartments which are basic to say the least and they have only a limited amount of double beds in the hotel the majority of the beds only have single beds in the complex. In summary I have never written a review in trip advisor before but in one word avoid this place as you could end up anywhere in this place.

Room Tip: If you had to stay in this place make sure that your accomodation is in the hotel and not in the ste...
2 Thank declan w

Travelers are raving about these Stalis hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This way by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in and the best holiday I've ever had. The staff were very polite and solved any problems we had as soon as possible and made us feel very welcome. The rooms were cleaned at a good standard. There is a wide choice of things you can eat for breakfast, lunch and tea. There was four pools, two at one side, (A big pool and a smaller pool) and another two (also a big and small pool). The beach is literally just down about 7 stairs, with a pier. The people there made us feel very welcome and were very friendly! I would defiantly recommend you stay at this hotel, as you would have a great holiday and its a perfect place to relax!! Such a beautiful place, wish I could go back already!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Faye L
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Nice hotel located in hillside 10 mins walk to beautiful Stalida village! Nice staff, nice environment and excellent food: breakfast, lunch and dinner all very inclucive! Large pool area and possibility to swim from pier. Room big enough with the frig, balcony and clean bathroom. Small minus in room: the mattress quite used. But overall very nice hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building older, side buildings newer. Had room in main building but slept fine.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have just returned from a 2 week holiday from the Horizon Beach hotel and I can honestly say it was a truely terrible experience. On check in we were brought to what I can only describe as a hovel of a room, room 52. (rooms to be avoided at all costs are 51,52,53,54, and 55). These 'rooms' are the smallest rooms I have ever seen and has no windows or balconies, they are positioned at ground floor right by the pool/bar and lobby, therefore there is nothing but noise and people literally outside your door all the time. You might as well be sleeping at the bar. We complained first thing the next morning to Poppy who had a terrible manner and we were, hours later brought to another room. However, we were charged 70 euros for the change (as our new room 105 on the first floor had a seaview), however there were other people on the same flight as us who were booked into rooms with seaviews and were not charged anything for this. I found this disgraceful however, I couldnt face the alternative of staying in room 52. The breakfast was basic but the singing and shouting from the 'all-inclusive' guests all night long (one night shouting up to 5 in the morning) was a disgrace. Complaining fell on deaf ears. Stalis and the location of the hotel is very nice and the cleaners were very polite and rooms cleaned daily, but thats about it. I would recommend you avoid this hotel at all costs,

6 Thank Amanda F
Timisoara
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Service - very rude and unhelpful trying to cheat and to fool us( at check in, type of room we've booked vs. what they gave us the first night...)

Sleep quality - there were a plenty of young people ( i think from Egypt, Israel) singing, yelling and shouting till 1-2 a.m. No one from the hotel said them nothing.

Rooms & Cleanliness - basic rooms, cleaned every day, towels were changed every second day.

Location - very nice view from the pool and from the restaurant. A 10 - 15 min walk to the sandy beach.

Restaurant - Food has no taste at all. Nothing more to be said.

Conclusion: do yourself a favor and look for other options.

3 Thank JohanSchmitt
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have just Landed back in Newcastle International Airport after the best 2 week holiday ever! This was possibly the best hotel I've ever stayed in, Poppy, the manager loved my family from day 1 and she even hugged us when we left. We were meant to stay in the hotel, but unfortunately there was no room but we got a nice apartment in the 'Stelios Apartments' area of the hotel which was a 2 minute walk from reception. The man on reception called over his nephews who kindly took our cases to the room.The rooms were well kept, cleaned everyday, spacious but the shower/bathroom could be made bigger as it will only fit one person in. The food was beautiful, there is a selection of food from a buffet. I recommend trying the Greek Feta Cheese, I became weirdly addicted to it. If you are a racist, this hotel is not for you, as there is more Israeli's, Polish, Russians and Scandinavians then British. There is 4 pools, 2 big and 2 small, THEY ARE ALL SALTWATER POOLS!!! I recommend this hotel to anyone, this is a great place for a family holiday

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JoeLannin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stalis
#6 of 24 in Plakias
Diogenis Blue Palace
#17 of 36 in Kato Gouves
Zephyros Beach Boutique Hotel
Creta Solaris Hotel Apartments

Been to Horizon Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!