“great first time! Thanks Nikolas”
Review of Amarillis Stable

Amarillis Stable
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Stalis
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I'm 53 and my wife is 50 and we have just returned from a first trip to Stalis. Based on previous reviews we decided to give horse riding at Amarillis a try. We were a little nervous but Nikolas with his dry sense of humour soon calmed any nerves. we opted for the short trip due to being novices and I can say that this was a good choice as it was great to go on the beach area with the gentle breeze. The horses were clearly well trained and well looked after, which, until we saw them, was a bit of a concern. It was clear that Nikolas really looks after them. I can firmly rate this as a 5 star event and recommend it whatever previous experience you have had.
Thanks again Nikolas
Mark & Glynis

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Tank you Nicolas for the ride. It was fantastic…the good company the sweet horses… Lulu my favorite :) and the diner.( Clunee )

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I loved every single minute of this! I have about 2 years riding experience, but the girls I rode with had barely any, however this was not an issue. Nikolas explained everything very clearly to us in excellent english and even managed to calm the other girls nerves. He provided everything we needed, hats for all sizes, and good condition riding equipment.
We rode for about 2 hours going through the mountains which were beautiful and then we went down to the beach which was amazing and he even bought us a bottle of water because we were tired.
The horse were taken great care of, and Nikolas seemed to have a real connection with them, reacting to everything he said. He really loves them and takes fantastic care of them. The horse were well trained as well needing little promoting to do things, he even breeds his own horses.

I really recommend this trip for everyone of all abilities in groups, couples or on your own.

1  Thank Becca W
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was so excited to do horse-riding by the beach and I must say I was so disappointed. it was our first time ever, we were a group of 4 (2 couples) and Nicholas gave the boys good horses and the two of them enjoyed this experience so much. as for us girls, the horses he assigned to me and my friend were scared of EVERY single thing, specially mine. (a nylon bag, a puddle of water, even small holes in the sand) he knew about this from before and he still refused to change our horses. instead he tied the two horses that were very restless together and wouldn't let us enjoy the ride (he was walking from beside my horse and was leading my friends horse from behind aswell) while the guys were free and actually learned how to handle their horses and have fun. Nicholas mentioned that normally he takes a horse too and he just leads the group but since the two horses were very panick-y, he tied them together and walked beside mine to control it. every time my horse was seeing something out of the ordinary she kept going back and making noises and it was terrifying for me because I thought she would get on her back legs and throw me off. I was very pissed off with this guy because he mentioned many times during the ride that she was the most panicked horse he had in the stable. Gee, thanks for giving her to me buddy! to be fair, IF I had a horse that would actually ride properly and not be scared of every single thing coming across her way, I would have really really enjoyed the trail. we went through the town and by the beach which was really amazing.

2  Thank charlotteohmalley
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a wonderful day on the long ride into the mountains and olive groves. Nikolas is a great guy, who really loves his horses. They are very healthy looking, and you can tell he takes great care of them. He had everything we needed, and set us up with the best horses and saddles for us. My daughter, with the most experience, had her beautiful young horse (bred by Nikolas) with an English saddle. Our other teenager and I had comfortable western saddles, and my husband had the Australian saddle on the 'cover horse' of the stable. Wonderful calm horse for the least experienced rider.
We would recommend Amarillis Stable for any horse lover. Beautiful, healthy horses and great rides.