“Best excursion of my holidays”
Review of Amarillis Stable

Amarillis Stable
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Stalis
DWORP
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Best excursion of my holidays”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Did the small tour on saturday 22/6/2013. Was lucky to do it only with four persons . A french cowboy who knew a lot about horses and also two very charming Suisse girls ... Switserland has the magic to get the most well educated and sophisticated girls of the world. Now the trip ... Very good horses and nikos the limousine man is great. We went first for some rural paths and afterwards alnog the beach... Plenty of photo opportunity and a fantastic ride in general ... Will be back in september for the big tour. From johan wets .... The belgian cowboy in spe....

1 Thank Johan W

• Hebrew first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank you!! I'll be back again soon!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This day was the highlight of my holiday! I love riding and this was definitely on my to do list. I came to Crete with my 4 year old son and wanted him to ride for the first time. At the beginning of the week we went riding with a DIFFERENT place and spent €50. My son had his own horse which I was quite nervous about but it was okay. The guy didn't really socialise with us so was a little bit boring. Then I went to book another riding section with another place and this was it. Its was €47 and 1000x better then the other one! When Nicholas first came he was joking with us straight away. We done the 2 hour experience and my son and I were on the same horse. We had the horse 'Baby' and he was very well trained. We was riding for about 2 and a half hours. Nicholas even stopped to get us all some water which was very nice. He offered to hold my camera for me and take pictures of us. I will never forget this day! I'm looking to book another holiday just to do the 5-6 hours riding with him! I would do this every day if I could! And its also very cheap!! Highly recommend!!

1 Thank Jade199022
Preston, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Don't miss this!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went for a 2 hour ride and it was brilliant, Nicholas was very helpful. He picks you up in his 'limo' (!) and takes you up into the mountains to the stables. We then rode down to the beach and through Stalis. Even if you can't ride a horse it doesn't matter.
Highly recommended.

1 Thank nellysue
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic experience for beginners or the experienced.”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My boyfriend (who had never been on a horse!) and I had decided before we travelled to Crete that we wanted to go horse riding with Nikolas at the Amarillis stables,because of the good reviews and because he was a local man with a local business and we're glad we did. He's a very friendly lovely man who knows his horses well, has them trained extremely well, cares about them and makes you feel at ease and safe. If your expecting to be picked up in a nice coach to go to posh stables then this isn't for you, this is a true riding experience that gives you a taste of Crete. Even as your riding through the hills and streets you will see Nikolas having a chat with friends and locals as he passes through. A Russian couple with their 3 year old daughter were also riding with us and they enjoyed it too, the father had also never ridden a horse and we found it rather amusing hearing him chat to his horse. We would definitely go again except this time I would make sure I had suitable clothing as I ended up with a rip in my already short shorts!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jodie L
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience! Highly recommended!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I can't recommend this experienc enough! Nikolas was a wonderful host who clearly loves his horses and makes visitors feel relaxed. My mom and I went for a 2 hour ride in to the mountains and down to the beach in the morning and couldn't believe how comfortable and sure-footed the local Cretian horses are. This is a fantastic experience for any visitors to Stalis who want to see the impressive views of the beach while enjoying a laid-back and friendly tour by horse back.

Visited May 2013