“Fantastic location!!!!!”
Review of Ekati Apartments

Ekati Apartments
Ranked #13 of 66 Specialty Lodging in Stalis
Reviewed December 18, 2013

These great apartments are just a short walk away from the centre of Stalis,, and right by the gorgeous sea,,,,,What more could you wish for????? thoroughly recommend,,,,,,we are going back next year,,,,(see my pictures of the pool,,they over look the sea),,,,,,Brilliant place to stay!!

4  Thank soniasroom

Reviewed October 25, 2013

These self catering apartments are basic, a tad small and can get very hot during the night with the lack of air conditioning however they are clean and do the job. We stayed in the family sized apartment right by the pool. The pool over looks the beach and was relatively empty for August which was great as the pool was clean and refreshing. The scenery is beautiful and the apartments are in a great location - enough distance away from the party town of Malia but close enough to walk or get a taxi for a night out there. There are shops and nice restaurants within walking distance too.
There are also plenty of hire car companies near by so you can go and explore the island yourselves, hopefully without getting lost like we did!
I would recommend this hotel for all.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool/beach are nice
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rachel N
Reviewed October 21, 2013

It was amazing value for money. I had a few very minor niggles but the positives of this place so outweigh the negatives that I have to score it 5 out of 5!

The lady who looks after the place is the sweetest person ever - she let me check in early and check out late and although I booked a studio I had a very spacious 1 bedroom place. She cleaned it immaculately and was so friendly, helpful and sweet that I would recommend it just based on her!

My door opened out onto a view of the swimming pool and the sea which was beautiful - the only downside of this was that as it's a short walk from the reception, the wifi doesn't stretch that far so I had to walk up a little bit to use the wifi. But there are far worse things to put up with!

The fridge was too cold and some of my items froze in it but the location is great - quiet but on the sea and close to a variety of shops and restaurants. The bathroom was slightly shabby but was always clean and again, wouldn't put me off reommending Ekati. Wonderful place!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tanya M
Reviewed September 26, 2013

As someone who is sceptical, I wondered if all of the reviews of the Ekati apartments were genuine as they were all positive. Alas I was proved wrong from the moment I arrived. As my taxi pulled up someone came to greet me immediately. There was a little confusion about payment but this was quickly resolved in a friendly manner. Rather than being treated as just another guest, I felt the welcome was more like staying with extended family.

I had booked a studio through Hotels.com however I was given apartment 304, a one bed apartment which had a nice little terrace at the front and a balcony at the back. This meant you could follow the sun (or shade) throughout the day. The apartment was simply furnished in typical Greek style but had everything you need for a relaxing stay. The plus point was a comfortable bed, something which is hard to find in a Greek apartment and the cleanliness. The apartment was cleaned daily, including what I call the poo bin and the rubbish bin in the kitchen area.

The gardens were well kept and the whole area was quiet and peaceful. I actually had a good night’s sleep every night and managed to cat nap several times during the day.
The pool area was again clean and well maintained, but sadly not used by al the guests. This meant the place was quiet and on several occasions I had the pool to myself. With steps down to the beach, you can leave your towel and other belongings round the pool while you go for a dip in the sea.

The apartments do have a number of resident cats. If you like them then this adds to the homely experience. I had a number that adopted me during my stay! For me it added to the homely feel of the apartments.

The apartments are well located and as other reviewers have mentioned Stalis is not as loud as Malia but there are some shops, bars and a lot of restaurants. A few steps down the road is a supermarket which bakes fresh bread each morning, the warm baguettes are ideal for breakfast.
I would certainly stay there again and would recommend the apartments to anyone.

Ekati apartments have their own web site www.ekati-apartments.gr

For those not familiar to Greece, the plumbing system is not that good, using small boar sewage pipes. This means you cannot put toilet paper down the loo; otherwise you end up blocking the system. Instead you have to place toilet paper into a bin beside the loo. You soon get used to it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank JmIOS
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed at the Ekati for 11 nights at the beginning of September. Our room was typically Greek with the usual cooking facilities, kettle, etc. Our room was frequently cleaned, towels replaced and bed linen changed. The lady that does all this (plus maintains the outside and garden areas) really does do a fantastic job! We found the beds to be very comfortable. We hired a safety deposit box for a very reasonable price of 15 euros. We did not need the air conditioning as our room on the top floor had windows both at the front and the back. This allowed a lovely breeze to blow through the apartment. We would definitely stay again!

1  Thank StockportMrs
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We've just had a fortnight here and couldn't have asked for more from a Greek apartment in most ways. It was clean and spacious with the standard kitchenette. The bathroom was also larger than we expected although the tiles did get very slippery and a bath at would have been welcome.

Clean towels and sheets were provided every couple of days and the bins emptied daily. The a/c was also far more efficient than in other Greek places we've stayed and a reasonable price too.

The location was ideal with a pool on site and a private entrance to the beach. Again the pool (and toilets) were cleaned daily.

The rooms are close to the shops, bars and restaurants but most are set far enough back that they are totally quiet. There is even free wifi.

We had room 301 which had a living room and double bedded bedroom, however being a bottom floor room there wasn't really any view and although an outside table and chairs were provided we didn't really use them - ask for an upstairs room if this bothers you, we preferred the quiet!

There are only 13 rooms here and most of the other guests are not English so this was a real break for us!

1  Thank SarahLS
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed with my family in August 2013. The location is fantastic, pool area and beach is clean and relaxing. Apartments themselves are basic and exceptionally clean!! The lady who checked us in and is seen working around the area every day is very friendly and helpful. She is brilliant- works tirelessly to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We had a great time at Ekati, it's an amazing value for money considering the location, apartment grounds and how clean the place is!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family