“Ilios studios”

Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Stalis
Veldhoven, The Netherlands
“Ilios studios”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Ilios apartments are very nice and clean. It has a very nice swimming pool with sun beds. The owner and his family are very vriendelijk.Ook there is a bar. Close to the beach, restaurants and bars. We go twice a year there and continue that decides doen.Ga as Giorgos.

Jan and Dimphy

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Nothing but a pleasure. We stayed there for the 10 days ending at the end of June. The room my wife & I shared was immaculate, as were the common area's. The pool was clean, tidy and free from anything you could impale yourself on. The rooms and sheets are done every other day. Location I just up a street of the main strip so close enough for the usual holiday vibrancy when you want to head out, but also very chilled when at the studios.

Ran by George & Maria, both lovely and extremely helpful. Maria even on occasion baked the most delightful cake bread with chocolate in it. Such a surprise to be given this and it really made us feel welcomed and valued.

This is simple, pleasant, straight forward accommodation. The wifi is available on request - its was free and George will give you the code. It works perfectly fine in the common area's but not so strong up in the rooms. This said, if you want office-standard internet & want to spend the day Net-surfing, why are you going on holiday? If it's that important, go and use the internet café down the road.

The bar underneath is a very quiet, modern example ran by a Dutchman and his partner. I forget their names. Both great people and so helpful. Also really happy, which is very warming. They seem to have a smile permanently on their faces! There was no noise or any hint of rowdiness which meant for a good kip when you wanted to crash out for the night. There is a restaurant next door where you will find a chap called Spiros. A lovely guy who has a fantastic command of the English language and is not afraid to use it. He told us he spent time as a joiner in East Anglia and seems to have build up quite a love for the place. Just don't "dis" Norwich City or anything to do with Carrow Road or you will strike a raw nerve ! LOL!

All in all for me and my wife, a great spot to spend a week or two. George, if you'll have us back we'll be out again as soon as we can. 10 out of 10.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was our first time in Stalis and at Ilios Studios. We had a great time, George and his family are really friendly and helpful. The apartments themselves were spotlessly clean and had everything you would expect for self catering apartments. Location wise they are great, just off the Main Street with all the restaurants and shops and 2 minutes from the beach. Great value for money.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2013

It was my first time at ilios and also first time at Stalis resort.

One of my best holidays.very friendly atmosphere at ilios and also at the resort.george manos Maria Andre and Raymonda are great people to communicate.i write it cause I have been in many places and I have some problems with that.

I suggest to everyone Stalis resort and ilios studios is excellent place to stay.

1 Thank JeoJoh
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here for 11 nights in June 2013, they are lovely family run apartments. Rooms were extremely clean and fresh bedding and towels every 2nd day. George and his family are very friendly and make ever effort to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible, recommending things to do and places to visit so that you can get the most out of your holiday. The pool area is spotless and very relaxing. Location wise it is perfect, just a 2 min walk from the beach and main "strip", meaning it is peaceful and quite at the same time as being close to the action. Would recommend for a nice relaxing holiday.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

After booking this hotel on booking.com and having a terrible experience, I decided to post an honest review to save future travelers from my experience. What a terrible idea, after posting my review on booking.com, which I will include here, I received the rudest, poorly written, unnecessary, unkind email from the management, often filled with lies, which shows you even more reason to find a better place with nicer management!

I recently stayed at Ilios Studios and left an honest, thoughtful review of my stay, which was absolutely terrible. In return, I got a rude, unkind, vicious response from the hotel keeper, even though my review was anonymous. I'll attach the response here and I want this to be posted on booking.com to show everyone how terrible this hotel management can be. I thought I could speak my mind on booking.com without receiving a threatening email from Ilios Studios in return and I want everyone who looks at this studio to know the mean nature of this man. I am saddened to be so disappointed by this hotel, this email (which was apparently forwarded to you) and booking.coms inability to keep my review anonymous. Here is the horrible, degrading email George from Ilios Studios sent me:

"I can't believe this place has so many good ratings. I would not recommend it! I'm traveling for over two months, and this was the worst place I've stayed by far.

This is your opinion i cant say nothing more.

1)We were hot and tired when we arrived, but there was no one to check us in. We had to wait around for about an hour with no way to get to a hold of anyone.

I already ask you in the emails i send you (you can see our communication in the attach) about what time you will arrive at ilios but you didnt knew what time then and you said you will send me an email to tell me that night but you didnt. I dont blame for you but i asked you cause we dont have a 24 hour reception and you can see it at the attach i send you booking.com from site also i attach pictures from reception and the steps in case nobody is in the reception please call that number. Its not our fault if you didnt see it and its not our fault if you didnt see on booking.com site.

2)Then when we got into our room, their were mosquitoes everywhere. I was eaten alive!

I think you cannot blame everyone about Mosquitos.

3)We stayed here three nights and no one ever cleaned our room. I understand that might be because they're studios, but we saw people cleaning other places.
6)apparently one of the housekeepers was trying to rip us off.

The 3 and 6 i want to answer it together : How is it possible to say nobody clean our room and after you said one of the housekeepers try to rip you off?????

Also i want to inform you that the housekeeper is also the Owner of the place and i think she try to rip everyone off cause then she will not have bussines.

4)Plus we only had two towels, which is not enough for three days, especially since the shower spills out onto the bathroom floor, so you need to use one of those to dry it.

I agree with you you have 2 towels and i confirm that each person has 2 towels 1 for the body and 1 for the face plus 1 grey one inside the bathroom for the floor.

5)We also realized there was no air conditioner remote and when we asked someone, she said we had to pay 8 euros, talk about ridiculous! When it's stifling hot and there are mosquitoes everywhere, it's a crime to make someone pay for air conditioning, especially when it says on the website that its included! Luckily we asked George the next day and he put the remote in our room.

Yes i confirm also that the aircondition and safe deposit is with extra charge you can see it on booking.com page you can see it also in the reservation for i have(and i also call booking.com and the say you have the same paper). I also want to inform you that all the apartments and studios and some Hotels 4 stars have the aircondition with extra charge. And please call the booking.com and askk them if it is like that.

7)The same thing happened with the Internet. It says free wifi is included, but the code isn't provided anywhere and when no one is ever at the front desk, it's impossible to get, plus it doesn't work in your room.

The internet is FREE in the PUBLIC AREAS not in your room you can go to booking.com site and ilios studios and you will see it or follow this link ilios studios or you can see the attach from below.

8)The beds are uncomfortable and overall I would highly recommend staying somewhere else, this place is not worth it. I'm honestly surprised that anyone has given it good reviews.

The beds and Matresses its BRAND NEW we bought them this year i have the receipt and i can proove also that. If for you it was the beds uncomfortable doesnt mean it will be for everyone. And also we bought new better for you the customers.

At the last i want to ask you something You wrote Luckily we asked George the next day and he put the remote in our room. Yes i put it and yes as you wrote someone said you it will cost 8 euros per day so for 2 days is 16 euros.

And my question is Mrs Wickstrom did you pay it??? i agree that when you left maybe nobody was in the reception as we dont have 24 hour reception but you know you own 16 euros my telephone it was on the desk.

So you said on of the housekeeper try to rip you and you did it to as??????????"

End email response from Ilios Studios

This was his response to my honest review:

The location was amazing. We walked right down the street to the beach. The Ilios bar was also nice, run by an amazing and friendly couple. They were some of the only helpful people at the place! The pool was also a nice experience, when you don't want the saltiness of the sea!

I can't believe this place has so many good ratings. I would not recommend it! I'm traveling for over two months, and this was the worst place I've stayed by far. We were hot and tired when we arrived, but there was no one to check us in. We had to wait around for about an hour with no way to get to a hold of anyone. Then when we got into our room, their were mosquitoes everywhere. I was eaten alive! We stayed here three nights and no one ever cleaned our room. I understand that might be because they're studios, but we saw people cleaning other places. Plus we only had two towels, which is not enough for three days, especially since the shower spills out onto the bathroom floor, so you need to use one of those to dry it. We also realized there was no air conditioner remote and when we asked someone, she said we had to pay 8 euros, talk about ridiculous! When it's stifling hot and there are mosquitoes everywhere, it's a crime to make someone pay for air conditioning, especially when it says on the website that its included! Luckily we asked George the next day and he put the remote in our room, apparently one of the housekeepers was trying to rip us off. The same thing happened with the Internet. It says free wifi is included, but the code isn't provided anywhere and when no one is ever at the front desk, it's impossible to get, plus it doesn't work in your room. The beds are uncomfortable and overall I would highly recommend staying somewhere else, this place is not worth it. I'm honestly surprised that anyone has given it good reviews.

2 Thank Nicole W
iliosstudios, Manager at Ilios Studios, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hallo to all who read this response from me.

First i'd like to say that i already wrote a response to this review but unfortunately didnt come up cause i give some links of photos of our reception and the site we have at the travelagency that Mrs Wickstrom make the booking and if you go there you can see if we also write that the aircondition and safe deposit is with extra charge.

I dont want to continue it here i already spoke with the travel agency and i give the papers that it proove all that i am talking in my response.

This was your honest review mrs Wickstrom and also this is my Honest Response.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

It was one of the top holidays as I wrote on the title.
First time to stalis.good resort very friendly people.ilios studios it is in perfect location near the beach and not noise at all.
George and family are very good people and also Andre and Raymond's at ilios bar.

Manos at pool bar George cousin it was first time at the job and we make him some jokes.

Overall it was Fantastic holidays.

I recommended to anyone who wants piece full holidays with not noise at all.