“Authentic with great food”

Inochoos Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 64 Restaurants in Palaiochora
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Having your dinner made of local dishes, well prepared and tasty, in the very heart of Paleochora is an experience I would like everyone to have.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My partner and I loved this place so much that after eating there once we went back to make it our final dinner of our holiday. It is always busy, and in the centre of town so there's some good people-watching to be had. We had the stuffed avocado for starter and it was huge and absolutely delicious. The lamb in olive oil was some of the best confit I've ever had. In fact I can't grumble about anything. Good value too.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We tried Inocoos restaurant because it was always busy and we had noticed that both tourist and local customers seemed to go there on a regular basis. It was fairly late in the evening so quite a few items were sold out and so we had to settle for second choices. When the food came both dishes were generous portions but both were quite indifferent.

Maybe we chose the wrong options but we didn't bother to go again since there are so many good restaurants in Paleochora.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The food was quite good, but nothing special compared to other restaurants we tried in Crete. We were very disappointed by the service and believe me we are used to bad service in Czech republic...but this place was very unfriendly. We were the only guests during lunch and no one paid any attention to us.They also messed up our order and didn't even apologize. We felt very unwelcomed so we can't recommend this place, unless you want to see grumpy faces and wait almost an hour to get some drink.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The first thing that brought Inochoos (or Inoxoos) to our attention was the fact that it was very crowded... always a good sign. A child rode happily around the interior of the restaurant on her tricycle reinforcing the laid back family-run nature of the taverna. Fortunately all the tables are on the street so there were no crashes! Portion sizes are just about right – certainly not supersized like some tavernas – which is a good thing in the heat of summer for the weight-conscious! The tzatsiki and humous starters were both delicious and the greek salad large, fresh and appetising. I had the beef stifado which was very good, although perhaps not quite as tasty as the one I had in the exceptional Dionysos further down the street. I ordered the excellent local Retsina and Karen ordered a Campari and orange juice, which was delivered from the cocktail bar across the street – a neat and efficient reciprocal arrangement! Recommended.

1  Thank Chingachgook2