“Manto Cafe”
Review of Manto Studios

and 1 more site!
Manto Studios
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Well , I was not staying at Manto Studios , but i went in the Cafe to relax when I had just arrived from chania. The personel there was wonderful and so polite!
I ordered only a coffe and Maria ( the women that works there) brought me many sweets .All were homemade and really tasty......
After that I learned about the breakfast buffet.... I was not about to loose this chance . The price was really afordable (6euro per person). The breakfast buffet has a variety of choices...
Without a doubt I would absolutely suggest to everyone who visit paleochora.
yOU won't regret it !
Take care and see you at Manto Caffe next year :)

Room Tip: The rooms near the garden are the best ones !
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Enkeleda S

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had b&b accommodation and it really was perfect, the room was lovely, Manto had painted the decorations herself, the breakfast was fantastic, we didn't go for breakfast one morning as we were up early to walk the Samaria Gorge and Manto's husband made us a packed breakfast to take with us such a nice gesture and there was plenty in the pack. Try this accommodation if you are staying in Paleochora you won't regret it

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sueborrell4
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Having just arrived back from Paleochora we can only say that Manto Studios is without a doubt THE best place we have ever stayed!

When we arrived in Paleochora which was after midnight, Manto came to meet and greet us and showed us to our wonderful apartment. It was enormous - bright, clean and airy.

Every morning for breakfast the array of food to choose from was vast with something for every taste. Manto's husband Nikos was always cheerful and gave us some good restaurant tips - all of which were excellent. Both Maria and Meera were warm and pleasant at all times.

The location of Manto Studios is great as you are more or less between the sandy beach and the stoney beach (which we favoured). Also for restaurants, the majority of our favourites were very close.

All in all the staff, location, décor, breakfasts etc added to the whole enjoyment of our 2 weeks in beautiful Paleochora. Many thanks to you all!

Will we return? Without a doubt!!!

Room Tip: Book early to avoid disappointment!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Calams_12
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Manto's studios provided us with everything we needed for fabulous stay in Paleochora. As we got off the bus from Chania we were right at Manto's. Breakfast was really delicious and so varied - homemade jams and cakes plus fruit, cheese, eggs, bacon and sausage. The staff were so polite, helpful and welcoming and the rooms so well equipped. When we arrived we found a bottle of wine and some fruit in the room and sat on the balcony and enjoyed them. Manto's is just 2 minutes from the beach and all the fantastic restaurants available in this lovely place. Her studio next door is full of her art work and is well worth a visit! Great value and a perfect holiday spot. There is also a roof top garden with sun loungers for visitors.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank johnhayes53
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stopped here for coffee a few times and were always impressed that we got a piece of cake or halva as well. On our last day we went for the buffet breakfast and the cost (E6 pp) was very good. We in fact stayed longer than we intended as it rained. The only time in the fortnight we were there! Very very good!!!
We didn't stay here, just used the cafe. However if the rest of the hotel is organised as well as the cafe it should be great.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MoRod_12
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Manto stuidios has it all at amazing value.

-Fantastic location (metres from bus station and short walk to beaches on both sides of Paleochora.
- Great breakfast included at Manto cafe.
- Beautiful room with decorations all painted by Manto herself (she also has a gallery on the same property) and my room had a private balcony.
- Sensational roof terrace where you can laze away on deckchairs.
- Great staff. On the evening before my checkout they even left a breakfast in my room as I was taking the very early bus to Chania.

Thank you Manto for a great stay. I look forward to returning.

Even if you decide not to stay at the hotel, you can have the buffet breakfast for a measly 6 euro at Manto cafe (on t he same property). Ridiculously low price for what's available

PS: If you are looking for a walk to do other than the usual ones (say if its too windy to get to Elafonissi beach), there is a very nice walk from Karvopetra (not sure about spelling) beach which is about halfway between Paleochora and Gialos to the west. The walk is marked with blue markers but not always clearly so does require some direction finding ability. There are two entrancesm, one with great views of the coast but harder (I went that way ont he way back) and the other which rises up along the gorge until you are walking on the rim of the gorge. Both ways eventually merge into one. I finished it at a gorgeous little church...the path became VERY hard shortly after and did not have proper equipment (though I did try but the stinging plants were getting at my legs - I had shorts on). Bring plenty of water.

PSS: If you are on a strict food budget, you can get very cheap but VERY good food at Everest Grill...the Gyros there are around 3E and so far are the best I've had, even better than the ones at restaurants I've tried.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 3 and it was very spacious for a solo traveller.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Cdchi1
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Everything you read about Manto Studios on the previous reviews is so so true. This place is so perfect for families, for couples, for everyone. We stayed just nor night and wished we had more time to spend. Definitely would go back there. Have a look at the nearby art gallery run by Manto herself too. Amazing. Message to Trip Advisor: I wonder why Manto Studios isn't enlisted in the Hotel's category. This is definitely a full fledged three star hotel , at least! Even five star hotels would be jealous of its hospitality, service and breakfast buffet!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple