“Ideal place to stay!”

and 1 more site!
Manto Studios
“Ideal place to stay!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location,huge room,perfect-home made-breakfast,genuine Greek hospitality!
Best value for money!
We are a family of four (40,40,8 and 6).
The location is perfect.In between of Paleohora's 2 beaches.
The rooms are clean and huge.
The breakfast is really exceptional! Everything is home made and fresh.
But above all the hospitality is what is gonna last forever in your minds and hearts.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank teobill

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Portimao, Portugal
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Me and my boyfriend booked 1 night at Manto Studio and ended up to stay 5 nights. We loved everything, the sympathy of the owner, the charm of the hotel, the delicious breakfast with local ingredients, the village and its surroundings.

Manto studio is a beautiful, peaceful and well decorated hotel owned by an artist. It breathes a Greek clean white and fresh style enriched by beautiful paintings by the owner - which has an astonishing gallery right next to the aparthotel. We stayed in an apartment with kitchen. The studios have daily room cleaning. The hotel has beautiful outdoor areas and a public cafe were the breakfast is served in a buffet style by very friendly and welcoming staff. All ingredients from the olives to the orange juice and cheeses are very fresh (something we didn't found even on 4stars hotels in the island) and there's homemade cookies and cakes too!

There is also a free and quite fast wifi connection (enough for a Skype video call). .

We decided to lose our flight and extend our vacation just to be there a bit more time. You won't regret if you go there, I guarantee that!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Really nice place to stay on Crete! Big, bright and clean room, with nice terrace and small kitchenette was for us a perfect place to stay. The owner was really helpful and was waiting for us even if we came around 1 o'clock at night! Price was also really good.
Sandy beach in distance of 10 min walk, beach with stones even closer. Our only regret was that we stayed there so short ;)

Ps. We were there in September but in 2010! This option wasn't possible ;)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed for one night at the Manto Studios with two friends after coming back from a long hike along the coast. I can only confirm what other reviewers have posted. The owner couple is very friendly and welcoming, our studio was spacious and modern with a large terrace. Breakfast is superb for a place in this price range. Free wifi is available and the speed of the connection is okay. I can highly recommend this place both for travellers coming through Paleochora and for those staying longer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lupo_mm
Rethymnon, Greece
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Clean and spacious apartment ideally located. Convenient when either you want to go on foot to the near by Chalikia Beach or to have an enjoyfull night stroll to the vivacious promenade.
We (I, my wife and my 5 yeart old daughter) had the family apartment (with one double bedroom separated). Chalikia beach is an all wheather beach. So even if there is a strong wind situation you may stay and swim on this beach.
The owner pf the place is a very young, elegant and gentle woman with an artistic attitude that it is blowing its touch to the whole of the building and in the rooms.
The breakfast was optional and could be a little better if it had in its content more cretan products than ordinary market products.
The home made cakes and the local types of pitas were extremely delicious and the ingrecients were absolutely fresh.

Though we are leaving in Crete we found that some beaches in the area of Palaiochora are unique. Dont miss visiting Gianiskari beach. It is only 10 muniutes drive, with the half way of it on a dusty and non asphalt road.

Room Tip: Choose apartment on the first floor. Not the one facing the main street But please do not have fear...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is a brilliant place to stay. We loved the warm, attentive welcome; the high-spec accommodation; the stunning breakfast buffets; and the way the owners responded to our every need. We stayed in lovely cool rooms, ate wonderful light lunches, and were pampered at breakfasts. We wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I sincerely think that there is NOTHING missing from the Manto Studios! Manto and her husband Nikos are so hospitable,considerate and discreet that they have provided everything a traveller needs and at the best prices I have personally ever seen in Greece so far. These studios are so spacious and clean that you immediately have a sense of comfort which isn't expected from a 4 star accommodation. Cleanness is a characteristic that unfortunately isn't usually met but not at Manto's Studios. The rooms are spic and span at all times, the linen and the comfort of the beds and sofas is dreamy, everything is provided in such a detailed way I would dare to say that Manto Studios are the reason why I so enjoyed my stay in Paleochora and I will definitely come back sooner than I thought. I also have to highlight Nikos' cafe which was the place where I started having breakfast again while in Greece. I think that once more Nikos and Manto's eagerness in being so impeccable at what they offer simply.. made me gain 6 pounds, but I couldn't help staying away from the fresh igredients of their omelettes and home made cakes every morning. Thank you Manto and Nikos for such a relaxing time!! I know now that I will be coming back really soon! Take good care of each other! Cecil B.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo