Overall, our experience here was very good! We visited Crete in June 2011.
CONCIERGE: As soon as we arrived, we were greeted with friendly staff. They offered us ice water, helped us check in, and gave us an overview of what to expect during our stay (in terms of meal vouchers, facilities, services, tours, etc.) Since it was late afternoon and the main restaurant was closed, they offered us a delicious gourmet lunch at Swell for a very discounted price. An excellent welcome to Crete!
ROOM: We stayed in a bungalow with a sea view. Looked very basic but a good size and clean. Complimentary wine and fruit basket were much needed for snacking throughout our stay! Balcony view is beautiful but you also get a view of the balconies below as well as radiators and concrete floors next door.
FOOD: Everyday we had comp breakfast and a choice of lunch or dinner in the main restaurant - all buffets and good service. Selection is quite large between American and Greek fare and is quite good. If you do an early tour with the hotel they let you in the restaurant before it opens for a light breakfast.
FACILITIES: Grounds are absolutely beautiful with flowers everywhere and I especially loved the little herb garden. Beach, of course, is nice and relaxing. Bartenders at the pool bar are friendly and sometimes give you free drinks! There are a lot of activities to do - just wish we had the time to enjoy them!
COMPLAINTS: The location, though fairly close to the airport for transport, was not ideal. Descending airplanes for landing flew right above us. Also, we didn't think there was much to do in the town itself so you have to travel. They do offer a variety of tours though we weren't entirely satisfied with them. We did a tour to Chrissi Island (gorgeous) but way too far - shouldn't even be offered if most of the day is spent traveling. We also did a tour around central Crete. Stops were great (Knossos Palace, Diktaio Andro, etc) but our tour guide was not very good - not sure if we got unlucky or if the tour company provides mediocre guides.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Knossos Beach Bungalows & Suites is a family owned resort, on the north coast of the picturesque island of Crete, Greece, built directly on a sandy beach with shallow waters, offering guests panoramic views of the blue Aegean Sea, with 39 Suites & Villas, 62 Bungalows Sea View, Water Front and Superior Water Front, and 34 Standard & Family Rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Knossos Beach Bungalows & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knossos Beach Bungalows Hotel Kokkini Hani
- Knossos Beach Bungalows And Suites
- Knossos Beach Hotel
- Hotel Knossos Beach
- Knossos Beach Bungalows & Suites Crete/Kokkini Hani