First the good - No noise problems from the planes being so close to the airport I was unsure if this would be an issue but no, lovely views of the sea, lovely sandy beach, rooms not 5 star but clean and comfortable, no problem getting a sunbed, no problem getting a table for mealtimes indoor or out, the daytime and evening entertainment was good, large pool but this is balanced out by the bad that it is salt water, now for the bad bits - the food was awful breakfast, lunch and dinner, very unapitising, often repetitive and not international more 2 to 3 star, huge queues for dinner due to very poorly laid out self service buffet area with carvery in the middle, if you like a drink avoid this hotel, the bar is separate from the entertainment so you have to miss the entertainment to go and get a drink i was with my partner, both of our mums who are oaps one in her 70's the other in her 80's, my daughter her husband and two grandchildren, you are only allowed two drinks at a time which to be fair is standard at most all inclusive hotels but they do tend to show some discretion - not here, they only had one bar person on at a time, the hotel advertises 3 bars which they have but only open any one at a time, we travelled in July when the hotel was at or near full occupancy so you can imagine the queues, I spent more time waiting for a drink than drinking - and so to the indifferent - management, when I managed to corner the bar manager and told him that the queues for a drink were unacceptable he shrugged his shoulders and had a couldnt care less attitude which was also shared by the male staff on reception where beach towels were supplied, I was given towels with large holes in little more than rags and when I took them back was told they are only for the beach, I was speechless the first time but insisted they were changed for towels without holes, the next time this happened I told the gentleman that at home we would throw these towels in the dustbin, I appreciate the country is suffering from austerity measures but they are not charging austerity prices - very poor value for money and I will not be using an Aquis luxury hotel again, the reason for booking this hotel was the good reviews on trip advisor, some posted at the time I was there ?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arina Sand Resort - 4* comfortable beach front hotel in Kokkini Chani, ideal for couples and families. The resort is set in beautiful gardens, dotted with palms and colorful flowers overlooking the stunning crystal clear waters of Cretan sea. Consisting of one Main Building with additional wings and bungalows, the resort offers 236 rooms all with sea view and sea front bungalows furnished with modern style and all the necessities for a comfortable and pleasant stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Arina Sand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Arina Sand Hotel Kokkini Hani
- Hotel Arina Sand
- Arina Sand Kokkini Hani
- Arina Sand Resort Crete/Kokkini Hani