“The island Crete- Mitsis Hotel Rinela Beach *****”

Mitsis Rinela Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Kokkini Hani
Tallinn, Estonia
“The island Crete- Mitsis Hotel Rinela Beach *****”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I spent 10 days in this hotel and I can honestly say that we have really enjoyed our time.

The rooms:
Our first impression was poor though. When we arrived we were given a room which was located in the main central building. We had a standard double room with the sea view reserved and did not expected it to be luxury or what's or ever, but when you see hair in the bathroom from previous guest or you notice some dust on the furniture then you understand that something is not quite right. Then we invited the housekeeper to explain and to find a solution to the occurred issue and she quickly managed to clean the room (though we did not receive an explanation about why this happened and was that way, I assume this was because of her language barrier). We did not like the room still because of its location, I assume that happened because of the strange smell in the corridor on the way to the room, this smell reminds of an hospital (not leaving an impression of a 5-star hotel). So we asked the front office manager to change our room the next morning and right after that we were given a fantastic room in the right section of the hotel, closer to the sea. Then things changed and we got the feeling that we ARE in a 5-star hotel and felt like home. The room has everything you need. Keep in mind that if you want to get towels for the beach of use the safebox in the room then you have to make a deposit (as I rememeber one towel was around 40 eur, and i did not use the safe box).
Watch out is you are going there in the hottest months because it will get really hot in the room and if you leave the conditioner working for the night you might catch a cold.

Food and drinks:

The food was very good. We wanted to try something "local" and we did have that chance in the hotel. Apart from local kitchen, they also offer international kitchen (pastas and etc.). We are fully satisfied with the food service in Mitsis, though if you are looking for something closer to the service of Rixes, then this will not be it. But for Greece level this is very good.

Nothing much to say about non-alcoholic drinks. If you prefer fresh juices the probably Rinela is not the place for it, they mix water with syrups and you get that "chemical taste", so this is why i did not drink them. Coffee/Tee is fine, nothing special but FINE(though I am not a coffee lover). The main thing you might like to drink alot there is water and this might be a problem if you ask that at the bar or the restaurant. The water has a strange taste like it was taken from the tap, you dont feel it though if you take sparkling water and put a slice of lemon inside. But I always bought water outside of the hotel (a 6-pack for like 1.5 eur).

Alcoholic drinks are not branded in this hotel. You will see bottles you have not seen before. Nothing dangerous though but the taste is different, aspecially the spirits. If you like Gin-tonic etc then belive me you will not like what they have. In Greece you can find really great sorts of wine, but not in this hotel. The house wine that they serve is no good. Well, if you drink it for like 2 days in a row you will probably get used to it really fast (same as I did). The coctails they mix in the bar are fine, way better then Gin-tonic, but again you need to taste to understand whats is good for you.

The hospitality:

On the whole I feel really good about the service and I had the feeling that people care for our needs. People are polite and they are willing to help (most of them). The reception guys are doing a fantastic job. Big thanks to Elena and Svetlana!

Entertainment:

Have to mention that the animation team are very fantastic guys. They are really friendly, helpful and of course funny! The shows in the hotel are of course more children oriented, but still a place where you can spend time in the evenings if you are not planning to go our.

Also not to forget the outdoor loby bar. They had live musicians plays beautiful music(pop, retro and also traditional) so this is a good place to also spend your time.

The territory:

They have their own beach area. No meduzas or other living creatures that you can encounter under the water that might ruin your vacation. Cristal water, bar on the bear, and also some additional entrainment like water bananas etc.(for additional cost).

The have bars everywhere, which is really good because you dont have to walk far in order to get a drink or a snack. Very comfortable way of service even though the territory of the hotel itself is not that big.

A lot of places near the hotel like car rental, supermarkets, tourist information/tours, tavernas and restaurants. Also very easy to get a bus to basically anywhere you like. You can buy tickets at the reception.

If i'd had a chance to visit this hotel again I would definitely come back!

Crete was great and even more, it is great to sleep in a room where you feel like home.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to everybody.

Thank you Rinela for making my vacation on Crete a time to remember! Efgaristo to everybody!!!

Best regards,

Pall family

Room Tip: Turn to the reception! These guys can always help you! The speak good English.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ernest P
liarosHeraklion, Guest Relations Manager at Mitsis Rinela Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Ernest P,
Many thanks for your lovely review and for sharing your positive experience with TripAdvisor community. We are glad to know, that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you recommend us to other travelers. We hope to see you in our hotel again and wish you all the best!
Warm regards from sunny Crete,
Guest Relation

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Scotland
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel, the nicest I have been to. It is also the 3rd mitsis hotel I have visited and while they were all excellent this was my favourite by far. My review is a little late since I stayed there last june (2013) but I am also reviewing on behalf of my parents who stayed there on my recommendation this May (2014). I was there with my partner and we had a fantastic time. The hotel, room, pools, food etc etc etc were all excellent and kept to a high standard. The staff were always friendly and polite. Kokkini hani is perhaps not the greatest location in fairness but it is an excellent base from which to visit other places. This hotel also great for those who like to avoid a long transfer after their flight, we took a taxi which was only 20mins from heraklion airport.
When my parents went we were fully expecting that it wouldn't quite meet their expections since my partner and I had talked it up so much! In fact they were extremely impressed and agreed it was probably the nicest hotel they had stayed in and by no means the most expensive. They did have a little problem with their air conditioning not working but despite the hotel being very busy they were found a new room quickly by a member of reception staff who couldnt have been more helpful.
We'd love to go back again some time soon, it's hard to look past a mitsis hotel for guaranteed quality.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank pamelatiree
liarosHeraklion, Guest Relations Manager at Mitsis Rinela Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear pamelatiree,
Many thank for your lovely review and for being our Mitsis repeater Guest! We really appreciate, that you recommended us to your parents and we would be glad to see you all together soon again in our Hotel!
We wish you all the best!
Warm regards from sunny Crete!
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife and I ( steve and Yvonne ) have stayed at this hotel nine times before and as returning guests could not be treated better. All the staff could not treat us any better and that is why we return at least once a year. The receptionists have always got time to chat and deal with any queries all the bar staff are so friendly and obliging, a visit to georges bar by the small pool is worth a visit just for the banter, you must go to the Taverna to see Nikkos and the chefs doing the show cooking the same goes for the Chinese,the main restaurant is run very professionally by Kostas for many years. If you particular room or preference the refervations manager manolis will go the extra mile as will the hotel manager.the food is always of top quality and good choice, the rooms and grounds are kept immaculate , each time we return it is like coming home to a family hope to return soon room .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank steven a
liarosHeraklion, Guest Relations Manager at Mitsis Rinela Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear steven a,
Thank you for choosing us every year for your holidays, we deeply appreciate. It is really the best award for all the Rinela Team to see, that our Guests are coming back to us. We wish you all the best and are looking forward to welcome you soon again!
Many best regards for all of us!!!
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My wife and I have just spent a ten day holiday in this really lovely hotel. It's very well run, the situation is beautiful and the room was first class. The pools and private beach are immaculate. However: the steeply terraced site, while most picturesque, is ill suited to anyone with mobility difficulties or baby buggies. There are lots and lots of steps.

I'm no great fan of the "animation team" entertainment anyway but in this instance it struck me as being in a class of idiocy all of its own.

Other reviewers have mentioned the proximity of the airport approach flight path. Indeed it's right overhead and, while I never witnessed the Berlin Airlift it must have been a similar spectacle. However, it was by no means as intrusive as you might expect and I'm only mentioning it to say that it did not distract from my generally positive impression of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tony R
Dear Tony R,
Thank you very much for your review and comments regarding your stay in our hotel! We are glad to know, that you lived positive experience with us and hope, that you will recommend us to your friends.
Best warm regards from sunny Crete!
GLASGOW
Reviewed June 12, 2014

my partner and I spent a week at this hotel in May 2014. We had a wonderful holiday and can't really complain about anything. Our room was good, only downside was on a couple of occasions there was a smell of sewerage, but this didn't last long and we didn't spend much time in our room anyway. The food was good in particular the Chinese and Taverna, which we had no problem getting booked into. We didn't really get involved with the entertainment as after dinner we were happy to sit on the terrace and chat to other guests. Mostly, I would say the staff at this hotel work really hard day and night and we were always greeted with a friendly smile. This is the second Mitsis hotel I have stayed in and would be happy to return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MEAGHANGlasgow
liarosHeraklion, Guest Relations Manager at Mitsis Rinela Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear MEAGHANGlasgow,
Many many thanks for your lovely review! We are happy to know, that you are the repeater Guest of our Mitsis Hotels Chain. We appreciate your nice comments about our Food&Restaurants and our Personnel.
We wish you all the best and really hope to welcome you again!
Best regards from sunny Crete,
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Fantastic rooms, clean and serviced daily. Everything is included even the drinks in the small fridge in the room. Would have liked to be able to make ice in the freeze compartment but you cant have everything.

We didn't have any trouble with mosquitoes last year so didn't come prepared, but will spray the room thoroughly next time we visit.

Can't fault the staff who are always friendly and helpful. The spa is a treat and well worth the extra cost.

Food is great with a wide range of dishes available morning noon and night and if you have any room left snacks and toasties in between meals.

There is fun and entertainment around the main pool but if you just want to chill and read the smaller pools are very tranquil. The beach is small but all you need and if its not rough the sea is great for swimming or having fun.

Room Tip: Rooms with views are great if you are ok with stairs.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank IDEALMARION
Dear IDEALMARION,
thank you for choosing our hotel second time and for writing this lovely review! We are really happy, that you enjoyed your holidays with us. We appreciate your good comments about our staff and food.
We wish you all the best and hope to see you soon again!
Best regards from sunny Crete!
Sinaia, Romania
Reviewed June 11, 2014

we choose the hotel from a big offer list. the "picture" we have made (before going) was exact with the "picture" find in Kokkini Chani. That means for us satisfaction .Like a dream comming true.We had the perfect holiday.

Room Tip: If you can see all the time the sea is perfect
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank vali23
liarosHeraklion, Guest Relations Manager at Mitsis Rinela Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear vali23,
Many many thanks for lovely words! We are happy to know, that you are totally satisfied with your holidays in our Hotel and hope to see you soon again!
Best warm regards,
Kiani Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Kalami
Radisson Blu Beach Resort
Iberostar Creta Panorama & Mare

Been to Mitsis Rinela Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!