Just to get this out there at the start- I don't do package holidays and have never done all inclusive. If they are all like this, i may need to change my preferences.
Convenient to the airport and right on the beach, this is a very attractive complex that is kept spotlessly clean with scrubbed paths and beautifully tended gardens. There was always at least one manger/supervisor around making sure that everything was running smoothly and the staff were without exception friendly, polite and very efficient.
We were on the 'sea' side of the hotel with a sea view which was nice and quiet though I think some of the 'town' side rooms may have had some road noise.
Any problems? There are LOTS of steps, please take note if you have poor mobility or need to use a pushchair or buggy. Also, there are lots of cats (and some dogs) though they all looked well cared for they hung round the outside area of the restaurant- if you don't like animals you may struggle. Finally, the town is a bit run down with the next door hotel closed their beach was covered in trash- not the prettiest and not much of a motivation to go off and explore.
The food was good, especially the salads at lunchtime. The locally produced drinks were not great though and are poured VERY strong. It took a couple of days to find something that didn't taste like it was for cleaning the drains (vodka and orange was the best).
Non-motorised water sports are free and it is well worth taking out a kayak.
Overall we had a great time though a week was (for me) just about right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rinela Beach Hotel & Spa is built with the traditional Cretan architecture style on the beach of Kokkini Hani, just 12km away from the city of Heraklion. This Family resort is providing all elements to materialize your dreams for a superb relaxing & memorable holidays. The hotel was entirely renovated in 2009/2010, while major renovations by the main pool area and the Mediterranean restaurant took place in 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Mitsis Rinela Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Hotel Kokkini Hani
- Mitsis Resort Rinela Beach
- Mitsis Rinela Beach Crete
- Mitsis Rinela Beach Resort & Spa Crete/Kokkini Hani