Playmobil -FunPark
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Zirndorf
More attraction details
Owner description: The PLAYMOBIL Fun Park covers 90,000 square meters and has plenty to stimulate every kid's senses. Active playtime fun - not waiting in lines" is our motto. The "little ones" can make their fantasies a reality in the oversized PLAYMOBIL playtime worlds while Mom and Dad enjoy the relaxing park atmosphere.
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great place to stop off with children if passing through Germany.
We visited in January 2014 and only the indoor stuff was open. Need not have worried as this kept our two busy for two hours, they would have stayed for 4 hours easily.
There is loads of playmobil toys laid out for the kids to play with. Entry is pretty cheap in winter €5, food is equally good value. Excellent layout of the eating area that looks over most of the play areas.
Leave some room in the car as a lot of the toys are on special offer.

1  Thank Starkreality1

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We visited in Aug 2013, we thought it might be an interesting distraction for our 7 year old on what was a long road trip around Europe. It completely exceeded all our expectations, so much so that by the end of the day we had re-arranged our plans for the following day to allow us to return.

A week later we decided to change our plans yet again so that we could go again :

So much to say and commend it, I am sure I won;t be able to get it all in our do it full justice.

o 10 euros per person for the day it is truly amazing value
o No queues for thrill type rides, this is simply great play for children. Teens probably wouldnt be satisfied but for all other children, and accompanying adults you cannot expect better.
o Excellent food available
o Go early and have the all you can eat breakfast buffet at 9 euros (adult, child was a little less),,,blimey it was good too !
o There are covered areas (think enormous and then some more) with every type of playmobil offering out to play with in themed areas (City, Wild West, dinosaurs, farm etc etc)
o Spotless and very well maintaines
o Outside there are many themed play areas (fort, water, wild west, farm, activity etc etc) and sand play areas, streams of water and splash pools. Pirates with rafts to pole around the shallow lake
o The toilets are immaculate. The ones in the centre are something to behold ! Clean and designerish, they equal if not exceed those I have seen in corporate headquarters and 5* hotels...and all this in a 'public' setting...amazing !
o If anyone does get carried away and fall in (yes we did) they have tumble driers dotted around and a helpful member of staff will assist with getting the clothes dry again.

You need at least a full day..and if possible plan for 2 !

One slightly downside was a desire I had for more water fountains to be available across the site. I found only one but there are plenty of kiosks with snacks and fizzy drinks if that floats your boat.

If you want to see what a true child centred play area should look like then this is the place to go. I was stunned by how good it was in comparison to anything else I have been to in every department (cost, value, operation, cleanliness, maintenance, fun!)
Legoland Windsor would do well to sit up and take note.

If only there was one closer to us in the UK ...although thinking about it for the price of a cheap flight and hotel for a weekend it would probably still give you the same cost as a family trip to Legoland.

I hope you go and get as much pleasure as we did..it was fantastic the first, second and third times we went.

9  Thank HappyChappy2b
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We have been to the Palymobil Fun Park twice. I hope we are lucky enough to visit again someday. Plan on spending the entire day (5+ hours) here with your children because there is a lot to do, touch and see. The entrance fee is minimal. The park has no rides - no ferris wheel, no roller coaster, no carousel. This is a park that encourages exercise and imaginative play. Instead of traditional rides, the large outdoor park is packed with Playmobil themed equipment that the children can climb, bounce on, slide down and explore. The children play in large scale versions of the most popular Playmobil toys, including a castle, farm, Noah's Ark, Old West town and a pirate ship. There is also an indoor park with a maze of climbing towers, slides and caves. Plus, there are several large indoor play areas where children can test out toys. The cafeteria is very good and well-priced. Make sure you leave time to visit the company store, which always offers a few select toys at a steep discount (most of the toys are full price). I wish we had a park like this near us in the US because my children had a blast and they got a lot of good exercise.

2  Thank Mielmonster
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Great place and lots to do with kids no matter the weather! Prices for entry are surprisingly cheap, go!

1  Thank Raul C
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Went with my wife and kids to Playmobil Fun Park on a rainy day but still probably the most fun I have seen my kids have. I just loved seeing my kids really enjoy themselves all day and not a queue in sight. The park was busy but not crowded and room for everyone. I loved seeing them on the water rafts working together to move across the pond. The tree houses, climbing frames, chutes, climbing nets, rope bridges, secret tunnels and so much more was just fantastic fun. I just so wish I could be 8 years old again.

At 8 euro each for entry to the park it is very well priced. Even the restaurant was very well priced, the four of us ate for 25 Euro (not sandwiches but freshly prepared real food). Although the 2 Euro deposit per person on the plates/cutlery and 1 euro on soft drinks cups (for adults - the kids can keep theirs for free) was a bit confusing for us originally, but it did encourage everyone to clear their table and take their used tray and dinnerware back to reclaim their 10 Euros. Just keep the receipt from your restaurant purchase.

A fantastic day all round even on a grey drizzly October day. We will most certainly be back. The kids are asking when, when, when are we are going back.

2  Thank Braveliver