“Good Hotel too far from everything”
Review of Raeter-Park Hotel

Raeter-Park Hotel
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a good hotel with reasonable prices and a very good staff. The only complaint is, it is a 60 Euro cab ride to the airport and a 45 minute drive into the city center. The food is good, the wi-fi is bad, but not a bad place if your traveling with a family on a budget. They do have a nice garden and several good meeting rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel twic, single room, on business/pleasure. I have found the rooms I've had very clean, tidyand good houskeeping services. The staff friendly and good breakfast.
Very cute village.

Room Tip: Close to the main under/over ground train station and a shop for all needs in the centre
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

LOCATION: Hotel is located on the east part of the city. Looks like you came to the village, not Munich - a town with over 1.3 mil. people. So if you plan to stay in hotel and - walk - to the city center, forget about this one. But the hotel is located relatively near the public transportation (S bahn).

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: From the hotel I guess the 'only' (the best?) way to get to the city center is with - S bahn (train line). You have about 7-10 minute walk from the hotel to the train station, and the train comes every 20 minutes. As far as I can remember it went in 5 - 25 - 45 minute of every hour. Ask on the hotel reception for train line map and time schedule. And even more, you can buy - train ticket - on the hotel reception. Single ticket (which is valid for the whole day) is 7.50 euros. But if you are there with your family or friends you can buy a group ticket for 13,60 (up to 5 people; so if you are just a couple, you can get better deal buying this ticket, instead two single ones). The ride to the city centre takes about 20 minutes or so.

HOTEL ITSELF: In general, the hotel is OK - and there are two buildings of this hotel. The one with the reception, and the other right across the street. Rooms are nice and clean (well, as far as eye could see). I was there with my girlfriend and we had lots of space for us and our stuff. There were two beds (very soft), a table with two chairs, TV with arround 30 channels (although I've heard that in some rooms were less), small balcony, toilet and some more space for our luggage. Minibar - was not - in the room. The place where it 'should' be was simply empty.

The 'problem' is that a hotel's website might be 'a bit' missleading. The rooms on the website look great, so a person could get impression that this is a 'five star hotel' - which it isn't. Don't get me wrong, a nice hotel and all, but not quite as advertised.

WiFi: The hotel - has - a free wifi (with a 1000 MB per day limitation), but you need to get your username and password on the reception.

IN THE END..
This is a nice hotel with clean rooms and a free wifi. Don't get fooled by the pictures on their web page, it's only a decent hotel. Breakfast was also OK, nothing to remember or stand out. Location of the hotel is 'poor' if you would like to take a late walk or something. Even though the hotel is 'on the edge' of the city, you can relatively quick and easy get to the city center. Price rates for this hotel are a bit 'high' - in my opinion. If you are in that hotel just to visit Legoland the next day - you'll be OK.

Room Tip: The hotel has two buildings. If you are in the 'second' (without reception) one.. don't...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kristijan V
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night only in April 2013 as I was attending the Bauma (biggest international trade fair in construction services) in Munich. It was mainly because of lack of rooms in other hotels that I had to stay that night in this hotel, and I moved the next day to a closer hotel to the fair.
The hotel is average, not fancy. For some reason my reservation didn't include breakfast (I don't know whether it's a hotel policy or an error from my company). My room was simple, quite, clean and warm, but not very comfortable. The pillows were very small and thin. The shower was very hard to use (fixed in one direction).
The hotel in general has the Bavarian style in its decors and staff customs.
Its place is remote outside Munich, but it has a nice neighborhood with a variety of shops and restaurants. The big problem is that all restaurants are closed by 6 PM!! I couldn't find any place to have dinner except a small Chinese restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank zyadyousef
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, I read some of these reviews before I booked, and thought some people always complain and can never be satisfied. I was wrong.
I booked a Dependence Double Room. The room was (as advertised on the booking website) supposed to have a courtyard or garden view, minibar, toiletries etc - all the things you would expect in a 4 star hotel.
Well...... Upon checkin, I spoke to a short-grey haired lady who at first appeared nice. I checked in and she told me our room was actually across the road. (I immediately remembered the reviews). So we dragged our suitcases across the road and up to the first floor. Then the nightmare officially started.
The room smelt of cigarettes even though it was non smoking. It looked like a 2 star motel room. (We have been travelling Europe for 8 months now and I can tell the difference between rooms). There was a gap where the minibar should have been. Huge stains on the carpet, overlooking the street, no toiletries, and I couldn't log onto the wifi. My bed sank in the middle so much that my bottom nearly touched the floor (slight exaggeration).
I went back across the road and complained to the same lady who told me that I booked a double dependence - that's what I got! I tried to show her my confirmation email stating that this is what I booked - minibar etc. She stepped back and got even angrier, refusing to look at my phone. I went back to my room completely disappointed and felt like leaving and forfeiting my money. Then the phone rang and the same lady told me the technician would bring me a minibar. At least I got that!
Still the rooms were noisy at night overlooking the street, stains everywhere, sheets smelled of smoke, unhelpful staff with huge attitudes, 20 minute drive from Munich, broken shower head that just points straight down.
Seriously, if you book this hotel after reading these reviews, you get what you deserve. I learnt the hard way. 2 stars not 4 stars. Worst Hotel in Europe.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank ChrisWhite75
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The first surprise was when I arrived and was told I won't be staying in the hotel, but in a building across the street.... Mmmmm.... I thought I had booked into the hotel.... Turns out no. If I had known, I would have booked a different hotel.
Second surprise: the room door didn't lock! Reluctantly the hotel changed my room...
Third surprise: no complimentary toiletries (advertised on the website)... bummer....
Fourth surprise: the reception knew nothing about the yoga (nearby facilities) they advertised on website.... suggested I should go to the nearby place where they offer karate classes and ask?? Hang on.... Didn't you say on your promotional spiel that you could direct me to yoga?
And just to top of the list of gripes.... Not once was I told where the so-called sauna, etc, etc was to be found. Oh, except for breakfast would be in the blah blah room and will be an extra 16 Euro...
So despite the rooms + bathroom being clean and comfortable, I would not use this hotel again. Which, given it's in a quiet area, and very peaceful surroundings, nearby shops, restaurants, etc., is somewhat of a pity. And that's down to poor service and attitude from the hotel staff.
Actually that was not all of them. The young waitress who served me dinner, was very warm and friendly, and almost changed my mind about the place, until I walked out the dinner room and asked the reception about nearby yoga classes...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HarryLoots
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was stuck on a snow-delayed layover and Lufthansa put me there for the night. A hour and a half taxi away from the airport. The staff is poorly trained and the accomodations are minimal. I heard they have a 4-star rating, but it is undeserved. The TV did not work, was an ancient CRT, and the power button was broken. The restaurant downstairs is a scam... they try to charge you 1.5 Euros for a glass of tap water. The only reason I did not give it a worse rating, is because there is an excellent bakery across the street.

Room Tip: Beware the beds are tiny and best serve a doll house for your child.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
#2 of 2 in Kirchheim bei Munich
Hotel Eschenhof
Hotel Eschenhof
#1 of 4 in Kirchheim bei Munich

Been to Raeter-Park Hotel? Share your experiences!