“Bad policy”
Review of Raeter-Park Hotel

Raeter-Park Hotel
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Generally a good hotel. Good clean rooms, nice food, it's not that bad.

We had a good time but there was an incident that made us very unhappy and it seemed to us that you do not value your customers, but mostly that you value money first...

We were at the hotel with a sports team and brought some home-made traditional RAKI from Greece to give to everyone. We kindly asked the kitchen if we could get 31 little shot-glasses to give to everyone this traditional drink from Crete.

We were told that we had to pay 1 euro for each shot, that is a total of 31 euros. The reason: Because, supposingly, we brought "our own drinks" in your restaurant.
a) if it was water, I guess they wouldn't mind
b) they don't sell any raki, so, this is not against their "menu".

We have been to hotels all over the world, Japan, Italy, Greece, everywhere. Even in Germany 3 years ago and this has never been done before (as we do this every year) !!!

It's not about the money, we don't care about 31 euros, the amount is ridiculous, to say the least. But I believe this was very very "cheapish" of their personnel to do. They earn 31 euros and they lose their customers, who stayed there for 4 days and paid for accommodation, food, meeting room rental, drinks and more!

It's sad that some people try to make money out of everything, including the air that their customers are breathing.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank asconan
There are newer reviews for Raeter-Park Hotel

Reviewed November 15, 2011

We stopped at the Raeter Park Hotel as it was one of the cheapest places we could get a few months out for the first weekend of Oktoberfest.

The hotel is a 20 minute train ride out of town but the area is nice and quiet so we found it a nice pace to relax when we wanted to get away from things, the nearby restaurant was nice and it also has a well known sandwich bar in the area too if that's your thing.

The room was your typical budget hotel really with everything you need for a short stay, I can't comment on breakfast as we went out to eat but on the whole it is a nice place, the reception staff were friendly, spoke good English and took the time to help up navigate our way around the City.

The only downside was they didn't have the 'do not disturb' door hangers as we were faced with a knock on the door every hour from 8.30 onwards, I appreciate that they only have a small window to clean in but you do like having more privacy if you do want to lie in.

If I ever go to Munich again I'd have no problem stopping here for a 2nd time.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I was booked into the hotel as part of a business trip together with a lot of other people. I was given a room in the "annex" which was actually another hotel across the street but with an empty reception. I did not dare use the elevator for the same reason. My room was clean but very worn and the minibar was removed. I did not feel safe and comfortable at all. I asked to move the next day and was told that the room rate was higher in the "real" hotel. No problem for me (although in the end, I paid 195 EUR for the first night and 75 for the second ??). I moved to another room in the morning before leaving for a conference (good service!) and I was happy about the room although the minibar did not work and everything was body temperature. The room was quite hot and facing the street with some noise but nothing really bad. Everything extremely clean and nice toiletries (not available in the annex).

The bar is in the reception area - it can be difficult to buy something there if you are not many people as the bartender will disappear into the kitchen.

The restaurant was very slow with service in the first evening - but it was also quite full. On the second night, it was speedy - we were only 3 tables. The portions were absolutely very very huge and I had to give up after 1/3. Breakfast was good - also a few Bavarian specialities available.

Internet is expensive but very fast and reliable.

I forgot my lundry in a plastic bag in the room and when I called the hotel, they promised to send to my address in Denmark. It came after a few days - very good service.

All in all, the hotel was okay but nothing special really, except for the good service from all employees in the reception.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2011

The Dependance of the hotel is located in Kirchheim but the reality is that it is in Heimstetten, a neighborhood of Kirchheim- so be careful when looking for it; the "main" hotel is across the street and more $$$. Perhaps the Hotel, across the street is noisy as it faces the supermarket; the Dependance is a few meters- 75 away. Dependance is not in an industrial area or near any truck terminal, as reported. Heimstetten is a small "downtown" that has the hotel, some stores/bank, a supermarket and a restaurant. It is 18 kms from Munich's zentrum on the Autobahn. The hotel is a true 3* but as any hotel in DE or Europe it is quite expensive ($162/night during Oktoberfest). Perhaps cheaper otherwise- it is near the ICM Int'l. Conference Center which can also influence the cost. Breakfast and internet are 7 and 5 euros each day. Comfortable w/ TV and phone, used the cell to the U.S. w/ no issues, lots of hot H2O. Very quiet area and free parking. Average due to value vs. cost only.

Room Tip: use for MUC flights only due to cost- for city look for same cost but closer
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Hotel is in the Kircheim suburb located in the NE of Munich. It is a quiet neighbourhood which was about 15 min by S-Bahn to Marienplatz. Hotel is pleasant and the staff is friendly. There is also a decent hot breakfast. Free underground parking is available. If you cannot find an affordable hotel option in the city centre, this is an excellent alternative close enough to the centre
For transportation to the centre, buying a day pass for the S-Bahn is the best option given that a return ticket costs more than the day pass and finding affordable parking near the Marienplatz is not easy

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Oxon93
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Please please avoid. Rooms are uncomfortable, dark, and hot. Hotel is not near anything. Internet has volume limits and requires new passcode to buy if you exceed the limit (not hard to do). There is no air conditioning and the only fan they desk had was clearly broken since it was extremely loud. Several of the lights in the room did not work (and I was in an "upgraded" deluxe room. In addition, they are a scam - i was forced to change plans and leave early but, despite a same day cancellation policy that allows changes till 4 the day of arrival - once you are there you apparently are locked in to the length of the stay. I am unclear how that makes sense, and seems like a bit of a scam. AVOID!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Melshesh
Reviewed December 25, 2010

I came to this hotel when I was looking for accommodation and traveling by car. I avoided city hotels. The hotel seems to be in the middle of nowhere, but in practice, access to Munich is not bad (local train) and the airport isn't far away. The hotel is very friendly, staff is nice. Rooms are modest but very clean and neat. In my opinion it is worth to stop here.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Novum Hotel Seidlhof Munchen
Schreiberhof Hotel
Schreiberhof Hotel
#4 of 8 in Aschheim

Been to Raeter-Park Hotel? Share your experiences!