“Beautiful walk”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I visited pretty Bad Urach in June. We drove to the car park for the water fall. There was a couple of options but one of the paths was closed off because of flooding. I have put on quite a bit of weight, but I found the walk not too strenuous and enjoyed the birdsong as well as the wild flowers walking to and from the waterfall. The photo here is just right - it's quite beautiful. Just a lovely couple of hours together.

No fee for the attraction, though early in the day there is a charge for car parking. No charge in the evening.

3  Thank Reesiea1
in 6 reviews
in 3 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hike is pretty short if you just do the waterfall, less than an hour, but after that there are lots of trails, including one to the castle, so you can hike as long as you want. I hiked up to the falls, then up the back of the falls to the top, and then around to the castle, the whole trip took about 3 hours. The waterfall is easy to get to, just get off at the Wasserfall train stop and literally walk straight down the road and you'll find the trail head. I went on a Saturday and the trail was pretty packed, especially with families with small children and strollers, so this is a suitable spot to bring the kids. There is a bathroom and snack stand at the top of the waterfall.

2  Thank LostandFound12
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I came out here early Feb, but it was still beautiful. We parked in the free lots close to the start of the trail - we turned right off the main road right at the Wasserfall train stop. The fall was not frozen, but flowing around still-green moss and plants. As others has said, it's an easy trek up to the top of the falls with good shoes and the view is beautiful. Took us about an hour in and back as we took our time, took pics, and stopped a lot. At the top in the summer there appears to be biergartens and perhaps an event station, many other trail heads as well. Unfortunately the bathrooms were locked at the top, but I can image this would be a beautiful place to see in the spring. There was a surprising amount of people here for a wintery Sunday. The sun came out for a sec, enough time to view the castle ruins on the opposite mountain and the green valleys. After leaving, keep heading south to the town of Bad Urach, there is a museum (open on Sundays) and a very cute town with restaurants open. We will be going back for sure to hike up to the ruins and the other trails, it is very extensive!

3  Thank HollyHW
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I recently went for a trekking tour in Bad Urach. The route included of course the waterfall. To reach it you just have to follow a path along the stream for about 15-20 minutes.
Though very narrow the waterfall makes quite an impression and stands up in the surrounding green. Very cleverly along the way one can find benches to just sit and enjoy the view. And up there, and the top of the waterfall there are plenty of desks for those who want to take their breath or have a snack.
However the waterfall itself wasn't enough for me, our tour took us from the waterfall to the ruins of the old castle and then back to the parking place.
A great Saturday!