“Arnaque! ...or a bit of a rip off!”
Review of La Grillardiere

La Grillardiere
Ranked #25 of 52 Restaurants in Marennes
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
south west france
“Arnaque! ...or a bit of a rip off!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

As it seemed to be the only restaurant open on Friday 14th September (Summer's over!) we had no choice. We arrived at 8.40pm and were immediately told to hurry up with our order. We ordered 6 Special oysters each, plus main courses, we were, after all in one of the oyster capitals of France! I queried if they were indeed Specials as they were small and dry, not at all as Specials should be. I was assured they were, even though the lady agreed they were not up to standard The box was even brought out to show me. It was all perfectly friendly and we suggested that they take the problem up with their supplier. The main courses were average, filet de boeuf and assiette gourmand. I didn't like the latter but that was my choice, I'm sure it was fine of its type. When the bill came the 'special' oysters were charged at full price (11.20€ for six). In usual British fashion we didn't bother to complain. We should only have been charged the price of (very) ordinary oysters. It's only the matter of a few euros but it's the principle. We just paid and left.

• Visited September 2012