The owners, Katherine and Joe, are amazing people who make you feel like their home is your home. The rooms are wonderful, spacious and clean, the property is extraordinary with a comforting tranquility that we have never experienced anywhere else. If you want to explore the Normandy region of France, this is the place to stay. It is centrally located and a short drive to all of the historic D-Day beaches and museums. We also had a beautiful, scenic drive to Mont St Michel. There is a lounge area where you can have drinks before dinner, play pool, or Yahtzee and listen to music to relax at the end of your day, before eating a meal. The food was exquisitely prepared by the chef at the restaurant on the property, Michael, who knows how to make a 5-course-meal into a masterpiece without a large price tag. Hilde was also wonderful, and prepared our breakfast meals during our stay. We have done a lot of traveling in the last 25 years, but have never had an unforgettable experience like this. We will definitely be back and encourage our friends to do the same!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming hotel***-restaurant in a completely renovated old farm, close to Utah Beach and in the stunning nature parc. All our rooms have a private bathroom. A nice, warm atmosphere is welcoming you for an excellent stay in Normandy. Our restaurant is at your disposal for a wonderful menu of the market or you can eat a la carte. Bicycle and mountainbike renting and couch trips can be done. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Le Grand Hard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Grand Hard Hotel Ste.-Marie-Du-Mont
- Le Grand Hard Normandy, France