“Excellent museum - not to be missed”

Utah Beach D-Day Museum
Book In Advance
$201.52*
and up
Normandy D-Day Landing Beaches Tour including Omaha Beach, Cider Tasting and...
$110.22*
and up
Private Tour: Normandy Landing Beaches, Battlefields, Museums and Cemeteries...
$130.40*
Full-Day Guided American D-Day Beaches Tour from Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located in the Parc Naturel Régional des Marais du Cotentin et du Bessin, the "Madeleine" beach went into history a Tuesday of June 1944.67 years after, the Utah Beach Landing Museum invites you to walk along paths of our liberators.
London, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Excellent museum - not to be missed”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stopped here first on a 3 day tour of the D Day beaches & museums and were very impressed. It's very new and well laid out with some great exhibits particularly the vehicles and the bomber. Being able to look out of the large glass windows at Utah beach through some of the old defences just added to the whole impression.

1 Thank Peedee1955

• Czech first
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great museum, interesting and lovely art gallery. Tanks, planes and uniforms a plenty to keep the kids happy

San Francisco, California
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“One eye-opener of a museum”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great museum filled with a lot of war memorabilia and fascinating facts. It also includes an impressive display of restored vehicles, including the war bomber "Dinah Might". The entry fee for us (a family of three) cost 18 euros but the experience was worth every penny. Make sure to allocate at least 2 to 3 hours to explore the entire museum and dont' forget watch the feature films (they are very educational). I also encourage visitors to read every bit of information provided about the Dewhurst brothers. You'll end up thanking them in the end.

1 Thank deniseacole
Canton, Ohio
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Best Museum in Normandy!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We visited 6 museums in 2 days throughout Normandy. This was the best! Large windows looking over Utah Beach while you look at the WWII displays (brings a sense of realism to the displays), C-47 on display inside, unique artifacts not seen at other museums, and one of the best movies (20 mins) depicting the D-Day events. A "Do not miss" site!

3 Thank YouAreHere_X
Central Mississippi
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“A disapointment”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I are very interested in most anything related to WWII, but we were disappointed in this museum, even though I am glad we went. Although the information about the artificial harbor was new to me, I thought the museum gave a very cursory treatment to much of what it tried to cover. Perhaps that's related to the small size of the museum and to unrealistic wishes on my part. I did not see the film(s) and did not have a guided tour; perhaps I would have viewed my experience more enthusiastically if I had seen the film and had a tour. But I just came away wanting more--if there was a single display of X, I'm the type who would like to see and read three displays related to X.

I was pleased with the bookstore/gift shop. It seemed to have an excellent choice of related materials in various languages, so I stocked up on books to supplement the information supplied by the museum itself.

Visited April 2013