“If you're hungry but not a gourmet then...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Creperie Montoise

Creperie Montoise
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Ravenoville, France
“If you're hungry but not a gourmet then...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Went to the creperie Montoise Saturday August 10th for lunch.
Asked for white Martini they didn't bring a single ice cube or a slice of lemon (as it's supposed to be served)
I asked waitress and she brought it right away.
My wife who could see cook making crepes answered phone in restaurant and went straight back to cooking (didn't even bother to wash hands before or after, not hygienic )
Didn't have time to enjoy my drink that waitress asked me if I was done, so I gulped it down and said "yes I'm done, now" and she whisked it away...
I felt rushed and didn't like that as it was my day off and I really wanted to relax, the waitress also had a "piercing" I know it's mainstream today but she could have taken it off and smile a bit more.
Probably a summer job, I hope.
I asked for a "complete" which has egg, ham, cheese, and mushrooms, (they were canned mushrooms).
Being a big mushroom eater my wife frequently cooks them for me so I know what "fresh" mushrooms taste and look like. The pleasure of having a "complete" is to spread your runny egg over the rest of the elements in the crepe, it was too cooked so no pleasure there.
My wife got a chipped plate, that's a big no-no in the restaurant trade.
The fries weren't freshly cut (frozen) but almost every restaurant doesn't do fresh anymore except for a few places.
The food is eatable, go there if you're really hungry don't go there if you want quality food and you want to treat your palate.
If you want tasty quality food, if you want fresh mushrooms, a runny egg on your "complete" crepe or freshly cut fries go to a very nice creperie in (50700) Yvetot-Bocage

You won't regret it.
I always leave a tip, I didn't leave one here.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ravenodude

Dublin
“Pleasant place to rest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

You'll probably pass through Sainte-Marie-du-Mont en route to or coming from Utah beach, in which case you might like to pause and try some of the crepes produced at the Creperie Montoise, just across from the ancient church in the center of the village. It's a good place to stop, especially if there's some sun to allow you to sit outside where you'll be protected from the worst of the elements by a glass screen. The crepes are really quite good - salted caramel is my favorite.

• Visited June 2013