Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$138
Hotels.com$138
Priceline$138
eDreams$138
Travelocity$138
Orbitz.com$138
All reviews tour group nice hotel breakfast room golf resort pleasant staff american cemetery ww ii golfing base village
Selected filters
Reviewed December 21, 2016

I haven't had the opportunity to sleep there but had the chance to eat during a lunch organized by a Tour Operator for his cruise guests
The food was overall nice but not extraordinary
I would say staying there is great for the environment and if you like to play golf...

Date of stay: June 2016
h1215, Responsable hébergement at Mercure Hotel Omaha Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2017

Hello from Port en Bessin,

Thank you for sharing your review with other traveller.

Cordially

Reviewed October 26, 2016

The Mercure is in an area that has a lot of tourists (Omaha Beach/US Cemetary etc) but has few mid-level tourist accommodations. The Mercure rooms are xlnt, the service good and the restaurant entirely satisfactory. It would rate with a first quality Marriott in the States.

Room tip: all good. On a golf course
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Keith N
H1215-gm, Front Office Manager at Mercure Hotel Omaha Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2017

Hello from Omaha,

Thank you so much for your nice revew.

Happy to read that you liked our stay in our property.

Hope to see you next year.

Cordially

Reviewed October 18, 2016

Pleasant hotel with good rooms modern& well furnished.. Ours had a balcony overlooking pool. Staff friendly & helpful. Easy parking . Breakfast basic & just acceptable. We had booked half board however dinner consisted of meagre buffet choice. A very bland selection of cold meat & fish & salad covered in mayonnaise which looked as though it had been out for hours. The hot selection - two alternatives clearly had been kept warm for long time. On requesting alternative food ( an omelette!!) we were told kitchen was closed @ 8 pm!! This happened for the two nights we stayed there. We were not informed when we booked that it would be a buffet or that we would not have a choice of a la carte menu. We played golf two days on two excellent courses & can recommend Le Manoir & the first 9 of La Mer. The facilities including food were adequate .

Room tip: Suggest balcony facing pool
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
H1215-gm, Front Office Manager at Mercure Hotel Omaha Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2016

Hello from Normandy,

We thank you very muxh to share your advice on your trip in our hotel.

He are happy that you enjoy your stay and our hotel, sadly we read your review about restaurant, but be sure that all change at the restaurant for next year and hope to welcoming you again to share a good diner.

Sincerly

Reviewed October 17, 2016

This was the first time we stayed at a Mercure hotel which is a chain in Europe. Our room was spacious and well appointed, very clean and comfortable. The grounds were also lovely - lush with greenery. There was a pool as well, although it rained while we were there.

It is convenient to Omaha Beach and other D Day sites so I recommend it as a convenient place to stay in the area.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Charlene W

Hello from Port en Bessin,

Thank you to share this nice review with other guest.

We are happy tht you enjoy your stay at Mercure Omaha Beach.

Hope to see you next year.

Sincerly

Reviewed October 12, 2016

We stayed here four nights as a part of a tour group. The golf course is beautiful, but we didn't use it.

Positives:
- Great location for visiting Omaha Beach and other D-Day sites.
- The village is a 15 minute walk
- Our 2nd story room faced towards the English Channel for a great view.
- Pretty good breakfast. Definitely better than most mid-range U.S. hotels.
- Clean and up to date room.
- Most of the staff was very friendly and easy to work with. (See below.)

Negatives:
- Rooms were very dark. Insufficient ceiling or large lamp lights.
- European shower/tub enclosure door/divider made taking a shower without flooding the floor very difficult.
- Night manager was argumentative and could be surly.

Overall this was a pretty good place to stay. When our group checked in my wife and I were assigned room 106. We used the key card to open the door to find the beds unmade (important fact) and someone else's belongings strewn all around. We went back down to the front desk and quickly had this straightened out - we were supposed to be in room 105. When we left the next morning, we neglected to hang the room cleaning request card on the door handle. When we got back at the end of the day we realized this and made a note to hang it the next day when we left. That night I had my first encounter with the night manager, who spoke very good English. My wife had a glass of red wine and I had a cider, which is produced locally. Later I went up for a second cider and ordered just that. She grabbed a dark bottle and asked if it was I wanted. I said "I don't know.", and she proceeded to start pouring red wine. When I stopped her, she said that I had said it was this bottle and started to argue with me for a couple seconds until she finally realized I had said "cider". The next day we came back from our tour and found the room had still not been made up and all our dirty and wet (see shower door/divider comment) towels were still on the floor. I went down to complain and ask for more towels. I told her that we had hung the room clean card on the door handle but the room had not been cleaned. She proceeded to argue with me for a good half minute that we had told them NOT to clean the room. I told her repeatedly we had never had that conversation and I had no idea what she was talking about. In the end we got new towels, and our room was cleaned the next night. What I think happened is that the room mix up followed us to our new room, and the guests in our first assigned room had asked for their room not to be cleaned. Somehow that became our request as well.

My bottom line is that in the hospitality industry the customer is supposed to be always right, especially if they are being cordial and making reasonable requests and asking reasonable questions. This woman needs to be reminded of this.

Room tip: Room overlooking the channel or the golf course.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello from sunny Normany,

We thank you for taking time to share this review with other traveller’s.

We share you review with our staff to understand situation and adjust service attitude.

Hope to see you in the futur.

Cordialy