This was our 5th stay at this hotel, again booked as a package with Brittany Ferries, and – unsurprisingly - we had a similar experience to previous years in that it proved a handy base for exploring Normandy. The staff we met were all once again polite, helpful and friendly.
This time we were placed in room number 221 (which we’ve had once before). This room has restricted head space owing to the fact that it’s located in the roof area, so the outer wall slopes inwards. The en-suite has a shower, which is accessed via a fairly narrow door and a step. Some people may find these spatial limitations irritating. We were able to cope with care but we still suffered an occasional knock. The room has a flat screen TV and basic beverages were provided, although the mini-bar (fridge) was missing, presumably broken. There were adequate storage options for our three night stay. Sadly, on this occasion, the bed sagged and my wife ended up with a very sore and uncomfortable back after 3 nights.
The hotel offers free WiFi, which we were able to pick up in our room, but depending on your device’s cache settings, you may need to enter your details on each separate log-in.
The first floor breakfast room benefitted from any early morning sun and the buffet style breakfasts gave a reasonable choice of food. We did use the hotel restaurant one evening and the food, drink and service were adequate, but the cost was much higher than in town.
Last year for the same deal we had a nicer room overlooking the pool, with a balcony and without the restrictions of this year’s one. If you add to this the fact that this time the bed gave my wife with a very sore trip home, we were less satisfied than on our previous stays.
Whilst, overall we still feel this hotel offers reasonably good value hotel for the price we paid, it seems not all rooms are equal and it’s pot-luck as to which one you’ll be allocated. We may return here, but next time we will have another look at other venues in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Mercure Omaha Beach Your wellbeing is our priority. The building is located at the foot of the Omaha Beach Golf course in order to preserve the natural beauty of this exceptional site with stunning views. There is no need to be golfer to appreciate the calm surroundings, with the sea waiting to be discovered close-by. You won't be able to resist the charm of the touristic town Port-En-Bessin, which is a 15 minute walk from the hotel. Also close-by are Bayeux and the American war cemetery. If you are in search of tranquility, you will be able to find it in our relaxation areas, such as the sauna and steam room. There is a lounge bar where you will be able to enjoy a game of pool or a session in the gym ... In fine weather, you can enjoy the heated outdoor pool, and let the children play in the paddling pool. The adepts of relaxation will be seduced by the many wellbeing spa treatments. A business area is available and free Wi-Fi covers the whole building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and ACCOR so you can book your Mercure Hotel Omaha Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Bayeux Omaha Beach
- Bayeux Omaha Beach Mercure
- Mercure Hotel Omaha Beach France/Normandy