This is our second trip to Omaha Beach so it certainly isn't 'bad' in any sense. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are more than adequate, although ours was lacking in hangers when we arrived and the air-com wasn't working both issues were quickly resolved.
Breakfast is fine. Pretty standard French breakfast but with the option of scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage for UK tastes.
Dinner wasn't special but, for the money, probably about adequate (just).
So....whats the problem? Its all 'ok' but you don't get any feeling that its special and, once you add in golf and dinner, it's not cheap.
It's also very popular with groups, both golfing and those visiting the war-sites/beaches/cemetaries etc. This is fine but groups can be (and were) loud, including one American group which insisted on 'whooping and hollering' late one night. Sadly (as is all too common now) the hotel did..............absolutely............NOTHING about it.
The golf however is excellent. Both courses are outstanding and the (so-called) lesser Manoir course is, in my view, probably more fun to play...not easier though. There are some tough carries from the tee! Both courses are in top class condition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Mercure Omaha Beach Your wellbeing is our priority. The building is located at the foot of the Omaha Beach Golf course in order to preserve the natural beauty of this exceptional site with stunning views. There is no need to be golfer to appreciate the calm surroundings, with the sea waiting to be discovered close-by. You won't be able to resist the charm of the touristic town Port-En-Bessin, which is a 15 minute walk from the hotel. Also close-by are Bayeux and the American war cemetery. If you are in search of tranquility, you will be able to find it in our relaxation areas, such as the sauna and steam room. There is a lounge bar where you will be able to enjoy a game of pool or a session in the gym ... In fine weather, you can enjoy the heated outdoor pool, and let the children play in the paddling pool. The adepts of relaxation will be seduced by the many wellbeing spa treatments. A business area is available and free Wi-Fi covers the whole building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, ACCOR, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Mercure Hotel Omaha Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Bayeux Omaha Beach
- Bayeux Omaha Beach Mercure
- Mercure Hotel Omaha Beach France/Normandy