Review Highlights

via mobile
Do find time to visit

Reviewed June 14, 2018
peterggreen2018

Recommended experiences in and around Ouistreham
from $818.70
from $125.08
from $750.48
from $85.28
More Info
All reviews pegasus bridge lord commander monument respect falling memorial beaches
Selected filters
Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

We stopped by here to pay our respects whilst in the area but also to help with educating our 8 year old about the DDay landings and their importance in the Second World War.

If you are looking to park close by then note that it’s all pay and display around the area`

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed June 14, 2018

I've just read some of the other reviews and there's nothing I can add. I walked a short way along the new promenade and my mind played tricks on me. Very moving.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed June 6, 2018

Now part of a redeveloping promenade, this monument is a tribute to the fallen Commandos on the beaches

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed January 20, 2018

La Flamme sits on top of a dune that overlooks Sword beach. Sword is the last D-Day beach on our Procom tour. We were able to visit the Flame monument and a little time at the beach. Last of the five but definitely not least, definitely worth the stop to complete your d-day pilgrimage.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank jefferyp2017
Reviewed October 29, 2017

Overlooking Sword beach, this is a quality monument to the liberation of France. There is also a statue of Lord Lovet, famous for marching from here to Pegasus bridge with his family piper, Bill Mullins, whilst under fire.

Date of experience: October 2017