All reviews loire valley charcuterie nice bathroom ham bread small village course menu hotel bistro michelin starred his team chef patron accommodations cheese linens cycle chateaux french
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2018

Comfortable Room and Excellent Restaurant
We stayed at “La Maison d'a Côté” in the suite Plume. It was comfortable with a nice bathroom, a pull-out sofa and a wonderful king-sized bed with superior linens. We were fortunate to have eaten in the one-star Michelin restaurant. What a treat it was. We were greeted warmly by the chef and his team. We had the 7-course menu. It was an excellent introduction to our 18-year-old son of French haute cuisine. We enjoyed it thoroughly.
One note, there was a bit of confusion over our restaurant reservation. Even though it was done at the time of booking apparently it was not registered in the hotel system. When we checked in one lady did not find it but another said it existed so unsure of the confusion. The weather was good so we were accommodated on the patio. It was an excellent evening.

Room tip: I recommend the suites. Also, it is worth confirming the restaurant reservation prior to your visit to ensure your spot.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2018

Stopped overnight on a trip up fro the Auvergne to Versailles with husband and 15 year old daughter . Wednesday night so bistro was open rather than restaurant - nonetheless fantastic food an good service. breakfast was equally great, would thoroughly recommend a stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hotels & Preference
Christophe H, Gérant at La Maison d'a Cote, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2018

Dear Guest,
thanks for your comments, we are happy that you spend good time at our establishment,
Best Regards

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

During our trip through France we happened across this restaurant in the tiny village of Montlivault on Trip Advisor
By chance I emailed them for a reservation and we were fortunate enough to get a table. The service is impeccable from waiters to the extremely knowledgeable sommelier. The chef/patron Christopher Hay personally attended out table to take our order. The food was sublime and we could fault absolutely nothing. The flavour, presentation, ambiance and service were perfect. In the top 10 meals I have eaten in my life and a must for any foodies traveling in the area - we loved it. AMAZING

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful place in a very small village near chambord. Lovely room and delicious breakfast with lots to choose from. However beware if you arrive on Sunday as we did - there is absolutely nowhere to eat apart from the exquisite Michelin starred restaurant which was way above our budget. The bistro attached to the hotel was closed as was the shop so nothing for miles. We had cycled 50km that day and needed food! A very charming waiter in the restaurant came to our rescue with a plate of cheese and a plate of charcuterie and bread and coupled with a couple of beers, that did the trick. Thank you so much to him

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2018

A bit out of the way. It's in a tiny town in the Loire Valley, not far from Chambord ( which is why we stayed there. They took an old, shambling building and transformed it into a very chic little hotel. The romm theygave us was tiny and impossible for us. They wouldn't give us a free upgrade, but they had a room that was vastly superior for only $30 more and we gladly took it. It was fairly large, very tastefully decorated, had a great bed with upscale comforter and pillows, a large sitting area, a large and really good bathroom with an exceptionally good, large shower with a marvelous overhead sprayer. Taking a shower there is enough reason to stay there. Staff was very professional. We considered having dinner there as a top chef owned the hotel and the restaurant was supposed to be excellent, but we were too tired to appreciate a good meal So I ambled down to the only food store in this postage stamp town to see if I could get something to eat. I got some munchies and soda there, but luckily there was a small truck selling pizza. It was cheap and I decided what the hell. In nothing flat, he made two very tasty pizzas with mushrooms. For the price, the quality was impressive. We actually breakfast at the hotel as it was reasonably priced and they would make omelets. It was fantastique. Great coffee, juice and the omelet was to die for. I t took forever, but it was worth the wait. I gave my wife a bite and she decided to have one, too. Unfortunately, we were pressed for time and we pressed them, too to hurry it up. It took a toll. While good, it wasn't magical like the first. They also had wonderful hot chocolate. After, I had a sip of my wife's, I switched from coffee to that and was not disappointed. The only negative was that to get up to our room, you had to go up quite a few narrow stairs up a twisty narrow, passageway. Getting heavy luggage up was quite a challenge. Even worse, my wife was having trouble walking, even on flat surfaces. So this was a bit torturous. However, the room made it worth the while. Finally, I should mention that the price was very reasonable, probably due to its very out of way location and the fact that they are trying to attract patrons to their restaurant, where they will really make money.

If I visit the area again, I will absolutely stay here again, only longer and next time I will try their bistro, a cheaper alternative to the restaurant. They had a three course meal for a very reasonable price and I bet my mortgage it would be delicious.

Date of stay: May 2018