“A must do restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ar Men Du

Ar Men Du
Reserve with
Ar Men Du is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Nevez
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canet-en-Roussillon, France
“A must do restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I have just finished eating here with 5 business colleagues. We turned up at 9pm on a Sunday evening and luckily they were good enough to set a table for us. Excellent food, presentation, quality, taste,,,, everything and a selection of wines to go with it. I am not in this area of France very often but one thing is certain, next time I am I will be booking a table in advance.
Well done the whole team at the Ar men du, hope to see you again!!!

Ko Lanta, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Inspiring Location, inspiring Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

If you get there, you will think it is the end of the world - Superb bay & view & a great restaurant.
a memorable diner concocted by a chef that certainly knows what he is doing - Very efficient service - definitely a place to put on your list if you are travelling in Brittany.

• Visited August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Superb seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you are in the neighbourhood and want a special night out, splurge on whatever special menu the chef is offering. One night we enjoyed an unforgettable meal in which every course used blue lobster. Wonderful flavours, highly refined cooking, and perfect service.

• Visited June 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Deterred from eating here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

As a family of four we walked to the hotel for dinner, we were told it was closed for a wedding, which we fully appreciate as it was a spur of the moment decision to try to eat there. We asked about future opening times, where we were given the details, but informed that the food was gastronomic and we would be better in a normal restaurant in Nevez.

Having eaten internationally for many years, and as a family we travel several times throughout the year, I have never had a restauranteur make the judgement on my ability to pay for a meal.

Brittany has been excellent, this judgemental experience was not.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Sarah G
pyroue, Propriétaire at Ar Men Du, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
I am sorry if you misunderstood what we proposed you.

Do not forget that the whole team is not fluent in english !!

We proposed you (as we do hundred of times per month in Summer), as we were fully booked, to go to OUR second restaurant in Nevez "La Maison Le Guern" and we told you it was not a gastronomic restaurant but a "normal" restaurant with top fresh product.

We receive dozens of families with children in Ar Men Du every year and we do special menu for the kids to show them what gastronomic food is!
Last week we had a 10 years old kid who told his parents that he wanted to come in Ar Men Du for his birthday. This is just cute and we love that!

Beside all this, I am astonished you are able to give your view on a non experience as you never even entered in Ar Men Du with your family! This is not far from an abuse on my point of view.

Best Regards,

Pierre Yves Roue
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Superb food with a wonderful view.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We booked luncheon here after it had been recommended by friends who had really enjoyed it. We'd been to the beach before but hadn't spotted the restaurant which was a little further along than we'd walked.

The food here was excellent and the staff were efficient and friendly too. Every course was perfectly cooked, interesting to look at and to eat but my favourite were the oysters served with foie gras and a tuna jelly (see picture) it was delicious and probably the nicest dish I'd eaten during my six weeks in France.

The amuse-bouche, pre-dessert and petits fours were all a joy too. Pictures included.

Not a cheap place to eat but a restaurant I would like to return to and perhaps stay the night too. We drove around thirty-five miles to get there and next time I would like to go on my bicycle and to stay the night.

• Visited August 2013