The reviews for this property set my expectations fairly high, and, while there were some decent parts, I don't think I'd stay here again.
To start with the good parts: The property was attractive, clean, and had a scenic backdrop. The family that runs it was pleasant to interact with, although they didn't particularly go out of their way to be very helpful (actually gave us a little misinformation when we asked about the park). The breakfast was adequate, but claims that it's a "good" breakfast seem like a stretch (bread and cereal with omelets on request... a piece of fruit would have be nice?). Wifi was functional and fast. It was - at most - a 10 minute drive to the park. It's set up well for guests to interact and get to know each other in the evenings. Affordable pricing.
For the not so good parts: The rooms and bathrooms were the smallest we had in Croatia. Our room lacked A/C. The linens and towels were rough. It was noisy in the evening (while I appreciate the social interaction, I didn't appreciate it being right outside my - open due to lack of A/C - window). Unable to accept credit cards.
I think it was a fairly decent stay for the money, but if I'm in the area again, I'd rather spend more and hopefully get a bit more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- House Tina is situated in a small village Grabovac, near Plitvice Lakes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. House Tina is newly decorated and has 8 rooms categorized 3 stars. The location is a quiet one, the house has a spacious garden all around, with tables and benches for about thirty people. There is also enough space to park ten cars. To make your stay with us interesting from this year we offer horseback riding on a nearby farm. Book accommodation and horse-back riding and experience an unbelievable sense of freedom in intact nature!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your House Tina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- House Tina Hotel Grabovac
- House Tina Grabovac, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia