Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$94
Hotels.com$94
Priceline$75
eDreams$70
Travelocity$94
CheapTickets$94
All reviews beach bar nice hotel solid hotel wellness spa wide choice outdoor pool a sea view room hotel pool across the road biokovo mountain luka cleanliness earplugs season corona kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed July 11, 2019 via mobile

Rarely, if write a bad revied for some place! If I am once disappointed i never go there again! But, after 4 years after the initial bad experience we decided to pay another visit, this time just to the spa area... Now, to give you a background story: back in 2015 I went there with my wife and 5yo daughter. Since there were no
other guests, we took our daughter inside the spa area (not saunas, just the indoor pools area). at some point one of the attending comes screaming at us “no children here, the guests are complaining”. There were NO OTHER guests, but we complied. after that I went to the sauna area alone, read all the rules displayed, only to soon be accompanied with a group of tourists in regular clothes, bathing suits, with cellphones, beer glasses, flipflops... with absolutely no clue that sauna should be a silent room! so this time I went to complain- they said “they are the owners friends, there’s nothing we can do”
Now back to 2019: my wife went and her friend went to the spa area and the massagw, paid 280 kunas for the entrance and:
-3/10 saunas were working
-ice bucket spilled muddy water all over my wife
- the entry bracelets were not working so they had to squeeze through the gates
- the massage pools were off and dirty (see pictures)
-tiles in the pool, right where the person should be resting were broken and could easily cut someone
- when requested, the staff was constantly providing wrong wifi passwords
-aroma sauna was smelly (mold and dust)
-a lizzard came in the indoor spa area (!!!)
My wife complained, they said there’s nothing they can do until the Managers calls. Two hours later the Manager did NOT come, but the staff offered to reimburse for the entrance fee and asked for my wife’s number since the Manager wanted to call her.
12 days after the Manager did not call.

As a Luxury hotel reviewer, and a fan of spa and saunas, I would never reccomend this place unless you wish to experience a Croatian Horror Story - Hotel edition.
wide wide wide circle around this place....

1  Thank Striksy
LukaSvragulja, Manager at Hotel Horizont, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2019

Dear Striksy,

thank you for sharing your greatly appreciated opinion with us.
We truly regret that your perception of our Wellness & Spa Center is unsatisfying but we still hope that you will give us another chance to change it. We will be looking into this to ensure that the necessary improvements are made to guarantee a nice experience for all our guests. The only thing we can do now is to apologize for a bad experience and misunderstanding.
We're looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed July 6, 2019

This hotel was very friendly,our room was very comfortable and kept spotless.the staff were always on hand and couldn’t do enough for you.dining was self service with plenty of choices and very tasty,but the sweets were a let down but on the whole no complaints.theres a beautiful swimming pool with plenty of sunbeds.joseph the pool attendant was a diamond always helpful and a good laugh.we all liked him very much .the rooms air con was good but have to say the dining room was way to warm ,really needed to be cooler .definateley would return.

Room tip: Top floor with side view of mountains and sea .beautiful.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Lempicker
LukaSvragulja, Manager at Hotel Horizont, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2019

Dear Lempicker,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at the hotel Horizont.
It was a pleasure to read that we were able to ensure a great stay for your. Praise for our staff always makes us happy, they do their best to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. I will most certainly be relaying your kind compliments to my team especially to Josip.

Looking forward to welcome you back again!

Reviewed July 4, 2019

I recently stayed here with a friend and had a really lovely holiday. The hotel is situated right on the seafront. It is very clean and the towels and bed linen are changed regularly. The food is excellent and there is a good variety to choose from, I have never seen such an elegant dining room. The staff are extremely friendly, the barman Rade taught me some phrases in Croatian. Unfortunately I won't be sitting on the lovely terrace overlooking the sea tonight, drinking a glass of white wine.

1  Thank GreenDi7
LukaSvragulja, Manager at Hotel Horizont, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2019

Dear GreenDi7,

thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at Hotel Horizont.
We are delighted to find out our hotel met all your expectations and that you truly enjoyed staying here. High level of service is something on what we pay a lot of attention. Our colleagues will be happy to hear kind words about service, especially Rade!
We would absolutely enjoy having you again as our guests!

Best regards

Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

We are very happy about our holidays in Hotel Horizont. Best place in Makarska Riviera (Baska Voda). Tastefull breakfast, clean rooms, friendly services. Very good place 50m to the sea and on side to center! Coming back

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LukaSvragulja, Manager at Hotel Horizont, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2019

Dear Ingrida,

I appreciate your time spent writing such a valuable review, which clearly indicates Your expectations were completely fulfilled. Thank you for the kind words about all our services, especially for complimenting our friendly staff and the quality of our breakfast choice.
I'm looking forward to welcoming you again as our guest.

Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

I was with my friend in hotel Horizont at the end of April. It is just an hour away from Split and 15 minutes from Makarska. The hotel is right next to the beautiful beach. We had the room with the most beautiful view I have ever seen from a hotel room - sea, islands and mountains. The room was really cozy and had a cute balcony. When coming to the hotel I'm always worried about the cleanliness, but in this one it was top notch. Our main reason of coming was the wellness. There are few different pools, hot tubs and saunas. We liked the best the warm inside pool, but also just laying by the outside pool and sunbathing. Dinner was excellent with so many choices. Loved it! The staff was so kind and helpful, especially the manager Luka. Overall, the staying in hotel Horizont was a great experience. We definitely recommend it. Excellent value for the money.

Date of stay: April 2019
3  Thank marija1504
LukaSvragulja, Manager at Hotel Horizont, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Dear Marija,

thank you for amazing review of your recent stay at hotel Horizont.
We are doing our best to provide high level service and it's always nice to see that we exceed guest expectations in each segment of hotel service.
Perfect hotel location provides you a stunning view of a sea, islands and mountain. Well-equipped Wellness & Spa center is often one of the main reasons of visiting us, for many guest it's great facility which fulfills their stay and makes it enjoyable.

It is lovely to read how much you enjoyed our hotel and it would be a pleasure to welcome you again!