Hotel Villa Bacchus
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Croatia(Baska Voda)
$65
$58
Hotel Horizont(Baska Voda)
$111
$100
Grand Hotel Slavia(Baska Voda)
$134
Agoda.com
Hotel Conte(Baska Voda)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsacross the roadfishevening mealfamily runlarge balconyeggs cooked to ordermain coursewalking groupamazing locationbalcony overlooked the beachowners and stafffamily styleberry pancakeson demandlined beachpuddingthree star
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We enjoyed a really good HF holiday based from this hotel. It is quite small with 27 rooms and situated across the road from the beach and overlooks the island of brac. A mountain range runs behind the hotel and it is difficult not to take amazing photographs of islands or mountains. The hotel is owned and run by a family with the sons and a small number of staff providing excellent service. The restaurant has an a la carte menu with extensive range of meals available. As part of a large group, we preordered evening meals from a set menu with a daily special and a good selection of other meals, both fish and various meats, pasta and rice. If you enjoy fish meals then the large portions of hake, mackerel or octopus cooked Dalmatian style is hard to beat. The Hot starters and salad bar were also of good standard. (none of the group of 30 got any bug and the standard of hygiene at the hotel appeared to be very good). The room was large, very clean and with a good comfy bed. We paid extra for a better room with a sea view. we had wide views from the third floor over the islands and also the town. This was money well spent and sitting on the balcony in sun is a pleasure. However the view from first and second floor is restricted by the large trees along the seafront. The indoor pool is no bigger than a plunge pool but with a beach and sea 20 metres away it is not very important. The town is modern with bars along the front, boat trips from the harbour and a number of bakeries doing a good selection of rolls and pastries. It is possible to walk for miles along the seafront,beach in either direction with bars provided good value beer and food. A pleasure staying at this resort. The hotel is on a corner of the one way system and sleeping with windows open in rooms near the road is not really an option. However the double glazing and heavy curtains do remove the majority of noise.

Room Tip: Worth The extra for room 301 - 304 with sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank ianatcambridge
Reviewed May 14, 2012

All in all it is a very good hotel, but we found a couple of snags. As another reviewer found the airconditioning unit was inoperative and as we always need to have a window open to get a good night's sleep, we had a problem.The hotel is situated within a corner of Baska's internal one way system and on the Saturday & Sunday nights two-stroke scooters raced around several times resulting in two very broken nights. On enquiring about a room change the seemingly un-caring receptionist suggested that we shut the window. We solved the problem for the remainding nights by having the window closed but the room door propped open.
Also we were surprised to find the jacuzzi devoid of water and covered over. The sauna is not kept heated so one cannot have a casual sauna because it has to be pre-booked. Charges are made for use of both the sauna and the jacuzzi. The small plunge pool was very cold.

Room Tip: Consider what I have written above.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Old_Don-IsleofWight
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Stayed here in October 2011 with HF Holidays, lovely hotel but unfortunately 1/2 our group got sick with a "tummy bug". We don't know what caused this but something in the hotel was not right. Did not eat much of the food there after recovering for fear of getting sick again. There was another HF group in the hotel the next week and some of them got the bug as well. Apart from that I enjoyed this hotel the staff are great and the location is superb. The beach is a few steps away as is the promenade.

Room Tip: Any room in the front the views are to die for
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank liglig
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This hotel is in a lovely position overlooking the sea and views of the mountains at the side and back. The food was excellent and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. But beware, don't ask for a glass of rose wine as they will put a drop of red wine in the glass and top it up with white! They do sell the proper stuff by the bottle though.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a sea view and balcony
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dessie5
Reviewed May 28, 2011

The day I arrived I got to my room and it was stifling. I went to turn on the AC unit but nothing happened. I called reception and the owner (I later found out that´s who he was) went into a long explanation about why the AC wasn´t on. They apparently don´t turn it on til the outside temp is over 20 celcius. I then asked if I could have a fan to circulate the air and he put the phone down on me. I called back and asked him politely not to hang up on me again and he said he would come up. He went into the whole explanation again about the AC and when I asked again about a fan he wanted to know why I needed it when I had the door open. His attitude was appallingly condesending.

Well the temp reached about 30 celcius and the AC was never turned on. The owners attitude blighted my whoče stay. It is a real shame because in every other aspect I would have reccommended this hotel. Now I just hope he goes bankrupt.

• Stayed: May 2011