All reviews veli losinj sea water sea view breakfast and dinner infinity pool beach towels tennis courts fish bar terrace mixed feelings hotel offers big bathroom fantastic experience deck chairs sandy beaches beautiful island wellness hotel
Reviewed August 19, 2018

I spent one week at the hotel. I left with mixed feelings.
Sea and landscape is amazing. Water not always clean though, some white oil residues are often close to the shore, but they do not stay very long and quickly leave. I could make some nice underwater movies with the GoPro with hundreds of small fishes. Only one jellyfish seen after a storm, no danger. Sunbeds are free, rare in Croatia. Not really many boats around, and you can also swim towards west with no danger. You can also walk towards Mali on the shore, with beautiful views.
I had a superior room with sea view. Recommended, big, great view. Included beach towels, bag for the beach and clothes hanger for the balcony. Towels changed just once per week, a bit more often would be good. Nice shower and big bathroom. At night the swimming pool changes color repeatedly. The ventilator in the bathroom was randomly turning on at night, waking me up. I did not report it, my fault.
Staff in general cold and unfriendly. As example, at the checkout the lady said just "bye". No "thanks", no "have a good trip". Nothing.
Other big issues are the restaurant and the sauna area.
Food quality and choice are just amazing, both breakfast and dinner. But. Dinner time is too limited: June evenings are beautifully sunny until 1930/20, but you couldn't stay at the beach because at 2050 waiters were already preparing tables for breakfast. Dinner time must be increased until 22 at least in June.
Service staff at the restaurant can't keep up with the amount of work, they are outnumbered und unfriendly. The director does literally nothing except walking around avoiding the eyes of guests. Kitchen people (in white) are quite friendly, service (in purple) should go back to hotel school and learn kindness. Also, tables are outnumbered, and they are not cleaned up after the guest left, so you have to chase a waiter who actually does not ignore you and then wait him/her to prepare the table for you. This can go on even for 10/15 minutes. Almost each day, even at breakfast. Unacceptable. The best was when 3 buses full of tourists who did NOT know each other arrived. So each of them was picking a table just for himself, even if the table was for 4 or 6 people. Restaurant management did nothing. Also, air conditioning was too strong, one could freeze if too close to an air nozzle. Drinks are NOT free.
In the sauna there are instructions that FKK is NOT allowed, which is nonsense. Every serious sauna expert knows that clothes or shoes can not be brought in sauna or steam bath, only cotton towels are allowed, and yet many people had swimsuits or plastic shoes. This poses a serious health danger for all guests. I informed the other guests, answer "the instructions say swim suit is mandatory". Which is true, but still, you have no idea of sauna, I thought. So I informed immediately the crew at the spa reception, who confirmed I was right, but "the manager is on business trip until tomorrow", so they did nothing. An official statement from the hotel management on this topic could convince me to come back or not to this facility. Otherwise your spa should be closed immediately by public health authorities.
Neglecting this, the sauna area is big and with many showers. Just quite crowded on rainy days.
The gym is not so small and nice, and you get water and a towel for free.
Hotel offers basically no animation for adults, except some music in the evening. Fitness program requires an extra fee for almost each lesson, Maybe at 8 am they are at no charge. Ridiculous.
I did not try massages and health treatments.
The garden has special herbs which smell very nice.
Free internet corner with 2 computers, but one had a faulty mouse.
A lot of guests in June were old people.
External pool with salty water very good, long, for good swimming.
Several bathrooms and showers at the pool and at the beach. But pool showers (with cleaning gel) only had cold water. Warm water was not working well.
The town Veli Losinj is small but nice, you can have nice walks along the seashore in the evening. Don't expect any nightlife, just some bars, restaurants and ice shops.
I wanted to get an haircut and exactly that day barber shop was closed, despite its already limited regular opening time.
There's a small market for water and beverages in the city center.

Overall I'd like to come back if restaurant and spa management will be replaced and reorganized next year. If not, I can't recommend the hotel, which is bad, since there's the potential for awesomeness.
Btw, not long to wait for the Ferry in June. July and August are much worse.

Room Tip: sea view, 5th floor
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
5  Thank It_ch86
Losinj-Hotels, General Manager at Vitality Hotel Punta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Carlo P,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in our Vitality hotel Punta.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again. We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the service and we hope to show you improvement if you choose to stay in our hotel again next year.
Kind regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2018

This was our fourth visit here, we keep returning because we love the climate, the clean water, the infinity pool, the nice rooms, the wide selection of food and last but not least it offers good value for money. It is amazing since last year they constructed a whole new 3-storey wing with 80 rooms and a whole new parking lot - some of which is even covered - and you wouldn't recognize, had you not been here a year ago. Room service is excellent, the maids do an excellent job. Check-in / check-out is fast and efficient. There is ample parking space now both in the garage and at several parking decks guarded with a pike.
Maybe because the hotel is getting really big, the restaurant gets a bit crowded. Same for the beach, it is almost impossible to find a sunbed with umbrella after 9 AM. There are some maintenance issues too. The apartments had two extra pools a couple of years ago, they are not renovated, but kept dry. The grandious infinity pool started to shed the mosaics, it became much worse since last year. The only shower block at the pool does not function, broken sunbeds are kept under the defunct spouts. It is not only unsightly, but a convenience issue as well as a health issue. The smaller outdoor pool had water spouts and hydromassage two years ago, in the last two years these don't work. The place is called Vitality Hotel, but poorly serves the guests with special diets, e.g. lactose intolerance or diabetes. The illustrated dietary advice set out randomly at the restaurant entrance is more like a joke, and not a respectful handling of dietary needs (see enclosed photo).

Room Tip: Sea view is a must in my opinion and worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank istvanj_12
Losinj-Hotels, General Manager at Vitality Hotel Punta, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Dear istvanj_12,
On behalf of me personally and the entire Punta staff, we would like to thank you for your time and nice words. Every comment and feedback is taken very seriously as we work on our service constantly. All of your comments will be passed on.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again next year
Best regards

Reviewed August 7, 2018

A lovely 3 night stay in July. The room was large and comfortable, the food was copious and tasty, the view from the bar terrace (and beach sun lounger!) was stunning. We loved the way that the rocky beach had been used imaginatively with paths and wee ladders to help you get into the sea. The location is excellent -an easy stroll to Veli Losinj. We went to a couple of exercise classes which were great and the staff were very helpful -I'd especially like to commend Jelena Uravic, who posted a book back to me in Scotland (it was a signed copy paperback which I left, not in the hotel but in a taxi when we were leaving -she tracked down the taxi driver based on my description, retrieved the book and sent it back to me, which was definitely going the extra mile!!). A fab hotel on a beautiful island -we'd love to come back!!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley H

Dear Mrs Lesley H,
thank you very much for choosing out Vitality hotel Punta for your vacation. I am glad that we managed to meet your expectation and make your stay in our hotel memorable.
We are delighted to hear that you found our team dedicated and passionate for personalized service I am truly honoured by your comments and by your recognition.
We hope your future travel plans to Croatia will include a return stay to our Vitality hotel Punta.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Overall good but the hotel is too big so that dining room gets very crowded, food has not the quality of a 4 star hotel cantine. Beach is rocky with paved areas - deck chairs included in price. Hotel location is very good, 5 minutes to walk into Veli Losinj city center and 25 mintues to walk to Mali Losinj.

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Matthew R,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your holiday and Losinj experience on Tripadvisor. Every comment is valuable to us to learn and improve our service. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon and to make your next stay memorable.

Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful island Losinj, nice hotel, perfect views, peace and quiet. Amazing, right?! Hotel had some recent renovation so the rooms and the coridors are new and clean. A bit hospital like. The pool and the beach are clean and nice to use. Restaurant- amazing for early breakfast, but hectic in dinner time. Food- average. The biggest problem of this hotel is staff- smiles are big no-no, confusion is a must and they are so- slooooooow. I don t get it. It is a 4* hotel!!!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank IvaS67

Dear Mrs Iva S,
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We appreciate your comment and feedback. We are glad that you had a nice stay and hope to make your next visit even more enjoyable.