“Be careful! Two very different Punta apartment experiences”

Vitality Hotel Punta
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Veli Losinj
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed for about 10 days in 2011 (August-September) in one of Punta very spacious 2 bedroom apartment and the price was reasonable for 4 stars accommodation. (the biggest apartment in their offer) There were 4 of us - myself and my boyfriend (small bedroom), my sister with her child (big bedroom) and a friend who slept in sofa bed in the sitting room. We had a well stored kitchen, big balcony and a spacious bathroom and lots of storage space. The room was cleaned regularly and we always had tons of clean towels. We had 2 parking spaces free of charge and the people at the reception desk were kind and helpful. The laundry room (at the ground floor of our apt. building) wasn't expensive and worked fine. However, Internet access was possible only in the reception building and you had to pay for the hours.
During the day we went to Rovenska beach (the other side of the town, pebbles, about 20 minute walk by the sea, or shortcut through the Old Town - beautiful!). Or, we drove to different beaches in Losinj Island. The afternoons we spent at the Hotel pools just outside our apt building. The pool area did have that 80s communist look about it, but it wasn't crowded since it was the end of the season, and the pools were with sea water and clean and had a great sea view. Occasionally, we used the Hotel Beach just a few meters away, and the sea was very clean and we even saw dolphins swimming by. However, the beach is extremely rocky so we couldn't take the child there. The town itself is charming and the nearby larger town of Mali Losinj is only 4km away.

After this wonderful experience, my sister decided to go to Punta apartments again in 2012 (same dates, same agency). This time she went with her husband, the child and our mother. AND WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!
They ended up in a crowded ground floor apartment. They had one tiny bedroom with one double bed that occupied most of the room - couldn't even open the door of the room properly because the bed was too close (so you had to enter sideways or step on the bed and then step off again after you close the door). In the sitting room there was one sofa bed (very small and shabby) and a small kitchenette. No storage space (there was one shallow closet where you couldn't storage anything because it kept falling off the shelves). So they kept their things in their bags the whole time and kept tripping over the bags. The bathroom was ridiculously small. Adding to that the weather was awful and they were forced to stay indoors a lot.
When she complained, they said it would cost about 170 euros extra to change apartments. So she said that the apt. she payed for was supposed to be a 4star and this one is most definitely not, and she simply requires to be put in a 4star apartment. No luck though, they ended up staying in the shabby small one. Eventually she complained to the Tourist Bureau and they confronted the Hotel, and the Hotel accused her of not being specific when she made the reservation. I think it was something like that she said 2 adults, and asked for a one bedroom apt, but eventually one more person came. What difference does it make if you pay for the apartment rental and not the bed, and you don't exceed the maximum number of people allowed in that unit?! And what about those 4 stars?!

So please BE VERY CAREFUL when doing business with Punta people. Apparently not all rooms and apartments meet the required conditions. You could easily end up in a mouse whole and be charged a 4 star room price.
After two very different experiences from the same person, I would give it only an average score.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Milena J
Losinj-hotels, General Manager at Vitality Hotel Punta, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear costumer,
First I would like to thank you for your time and effort you put in writing the review. Your comments are very important to us. They provide us with objectives and directions towards continuous improvements. Regarding your comment we are very sorry that you had such a negative experiance in our apartments. Our apartments are diferent in size, so if you book the smallest apartment that one is for maximum of 3 people. I would suggest that by your next booking you choose one of the big apartments that has 2 bedrooms so you can enjoy your comfort and space because you will have the living room for spending the afternoons indoors in case you have misfortune with the weather.
We apologize once again for all the inconvenience and hope that we will have the chance of welcoming you again in our hotel
Best regards

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Vitality Punta Hotel is one of the best hotels I have ever been: we have just returned from a weekend spent in the hotel.
It is situated at the entrance to Veli Losinj, small town at the eastern coast of the Losinj island, so the town is just around the corner from the hotel.
The hotel is categorised as a four star hotel, but it is more a five star than a four star hotel. We had a superior room with a seaview (102). The room was very spatious, modern, comfortable and cozy. The bathroom was spacious and modern as well, with spacious shower cabin and massage shower. The room and bathroom were really clean, towels were changed every day, there were free toiletries (soap bar, shower gel and shampoo in one, body lotion and shower cap) and a hair dryer.
There is a small safety deposit box in the closet, beach bag for use during the stay, one beach towel for each person, a bathrobe and a pair of slippers. Slippers are only for room use, you can't use those to go to A pool. You'll get a beach towel for a week - it could be replaced more often, but you'll have to pay for it (I don't know what is the fee). An air-condition system is on, there are wooden table and two chairs on the balcony and a mini-bar in the room. There is no complementary tea and coffie and a cattle in the room.
The breakfast is served from 7 to 10 am, and dinner from 7 to 9 pm. The food was excellent: great choice of diverse food deliciously prepared and presented.
There is a nice bar with a terrace and a live music in the evening: nice choice of their vitality drinks, juices, cocktails, ...
The indoor pool is ok with sunbeds around, the temperature of the seawater in the pool is around 24 degrees: there is a small jacuzzi as well. The outdoor pool is small, water is not heated.
There is a spa and wellness as well, but we didn't try those. There is small fitness area as well.
Free WiFi in the hotel: you'll find a password in your room.
The parking is free, it is really big.
The hotel stuff is frendly and helpful.
The beach is just in front of the hotel: it is a stone beach, there is a beach bar, sunbeds, toilet on the beach, and you can rent a canoes as well. If you choose one of the hotels on the western coast of the island you can count on waves and rough sea, but on the eastern part sea seems more calm, it is not so rough, expecially in front of the hotel, so it's much better for swimming.
Great thing about the hotel is that you don't have to carry cash around with you: a room card is also a means of payment – all the extras will be charged to your room, and you can pay it at the departure, in cash or with a credit card. If you want to pay in cash you can do it instead of using a room card.
Check the hotel website for special offers – we had „two for one“ offer, and payed for only one of us.
The Losinj island is a really great island to discover, so if weather is not so good and you can't spend a day on the beach, you can go and discover Losinj and Cres islands – belive me, you'll be greatly surprised! There are great walking trails around the island for those who like to walk, run or drive a bike: you can walk from Veli Losinj to Mali Losinj and it will take you up to 40 minutes - great walk after a glorious dinner in the hotel! There is a great walking trail from the hotel, through and around Veli Losinj as well.
I can only recommend the hotel and I will return to the hotel again!!!

Room Tip: Rooms look as on the official photos. Ask for a room with a seaview, but I think the view is great f...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marta555

Dear client,
We are very gratefull for your comment. Thank you for the time you took to write this review and share your experiance with the other potential costumers. There is no better reward to us than the satisfied costumer, especially when the comment is so well written and positive.
Best regards and untill we have the pleasure to welcome you again in our beautifull Vitality hotel Punta
General manager

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Losinj is the most magical island you can visit. It has so much to offer and just so untouched by mass tourism especially during the quieter months. You arrive by ferry after flying to Zagreb which is a blissful way to unwind. The transfer to the hotel is easy as they arrange airport collection. You see the diversity of Croatia on your way to the fab Vitality Hotel Punta. The staff are so friendly, helpful, their command of English excellent. The hotel is absolutely spotlessly clean and my room with a sea view equivalent of a 5*. You can book into their spa treatments, enjoy their large indoor swimming pool or outside swimming pool. I have never experienced such amazing food - the presentation out of this world and taste phenomenal. Croatian wine is also top quality. There are a load of activities you can do from the hotel (cycling, sailing, visiting an inspirational herb garden, dolphin museum and a lot more). YOu can also wander down to the local village and enjoy gelati, a beer, coffee and just relaxing at a cafe. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank A A R
Losinj-hotels, General Manager at Vitality Hotel Punta, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Guest,
We thank You for Your kind words and Your praises for our hotel and service. Each review is taken with a lot of gratitude because being good or bad it lets us understand the guests point of view. And also it shows us where have we succeed and where there is still need to work harder and better. But Your review brought us joy that we succeed in so many ways to make Your stay on our beautifull island magical. We will sure pass Your praises to the entire staff.
Best regards and we hope to make Your stay even more memorable by Your next visit

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I spent some holidays at Punta in late august last year.
Never had a more wonderfull time: the welcoming, the rooms, the staff, the food,.. was really overwhelming. Of course the beautiful location near the lovely town of Veli Losinj helps a lot, feeling good while heaving breakfast at the hotels terrace with a wonderfull view at the Adriatic and a glass of champagne in one hand.
I surely will return later on this summer and I'm sure it'll feel like coming home... in heaven!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank patric_degroot

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experiance of our beautifull Island and hotel. We do appreciate the charm of the historical town Veli Lošinj and its effect on the visitors, so we in Vitality hotel Punta try to implement the peacefull and relaxing ambiante during your stay in our hotel all thru the hotel, from vitalty zone to the restaurant, room ambiance and the terrace with the breathtaking view. Nothing makes us happier than seeing that we did succeded in making our guests stay enjoyable.
We hope to welcome you again this year in our hotel with the glass of champagne

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I spent here 4 days and I loved it. Rooms are large, hotel is very near the beach and seats on the beach are free to use.
And the food - the food in the restaurant was great. I never had so much choice of food to eat. You even get a champagne for breakfast.

My boyfriend was also very satisfied.

I'm going to Punta this year too, maybe even for 10 days.

Tanja

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TanjaZvokelj
Losinj-hotels, General Manager at Vitality Hotel Punta, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Mrs. Zvokelj,
On behalf of Vitality hotel Punta and me personally, we thank You for staying in our hotel. We truly appreciate Your opinion and are very glad to receive such positive critiques. Looking forward to welcoming You again in our beautifull hotel Punta.
General manager

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Super hotel, beautiful holiday
   ID #: 150852776 Pratele Chorvatska.V th October 2012, I visited my woman Hotel Punta. Hotel is very high professional úrovni.Po arrival we were greeted with nice service at the front desk, wearing willingness everything What have I pomoci.Bydleli double rooms with modern nábytkem.Každý day was perfectly tidy, always accompanied cosmetics koupelně.Stravování HB IS ​​without any objections, food was much everyone could choose what they wanted, including marine plodů.Obsluha the professional level so even though we went to do in Croatia for 15 years, so the quality is still nowhere nevařilo.Wellness services are unmatched Maji reproach. Services, Hotel D is not part of everywhere standartem.Snad only one reminder to operate restaurace.Byli Evening Concerts are 3 beers service here was very špatná.Po 1.objednání us, no one paid any attention (all 3 nights) we were only guests who had to leave pay at the bar! In a luxury hotel should stávat.Požádám g Jadranko Dumencic, hotel manager, try napravit.Zároveň I want to express great appreciation hotel - especially Ivan Maric, Marija Rajcic Fadi Brišimovič.
Zupko Petr,Slavičín,Česká republika

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Petr Z
Losinj-hotels, General Manager at Vitality Hotel Punta, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Mr. Zupko.
Thank you very much for your precious comment. We thank you also for taking time to write review on Tripadvisor. Satisfied costumer means that we are doing our job right and the positive comment is the best kind of reward to us. We work hard to offer good food and friendly, efficient service, and I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable.
We apologize for the inconvenience on the bar, we will do our best to correct that mistake so it wouldn't happen again in the future.
From the entire Team Punta we thank you and looking forward to welcoming you again.
Hotel manager

Reviewed October 17, 2012

To start off, at first sight the hotel is a very nice, new modern hotel. Though once you check in you come across a few of the worst receptionists I've ever seen in my life. The staff at the reception seems to work with a gun pointed to their head. Well that's the main impression. Not friendly, no smiles, poor language skills. The minute you have a remark or a request they suddenly don't understand anything other than Croatian.

The hotel is new, but that's about it. We booked a suite which was spacious, though I doubt the designers ever slept in the room they designed, makes no sense at all. The bath is very dark, because there's a wall blocking most of the light. The beds are two seperate beds which can't be put together well and move easyly. Always nice to find your beloved one 70cm from your bed in the morning, very romantic.
Then they also seem to have some sort of power problem, which they blamed on a storm. Now I get they don't get much rain on Losinj, but there as no storm just 2 hours of some rain. Power went out a few times, blew out some of my electrical equiment, and destroyed the lightning at the parking place.
Which I tried to complain about at the reception as it was only the 2nd row of parking places that had no light and the rest was full with cars that wouldn't move. Again it was blamed on the "storm". Right.. a storm usually only takes out 1 row of lighting, right? So my car was stuck on a very dark parking spot for the rest of the stay. And to add, there was no lighting storm or anything, just some rain.

Then there was housekeeping, which was terrible. The lady didn't clean, at all. The minibar had open bottles in it, we never touched, the shampoo and such was never replaced. Hell even the glass cups at the bathroom were never replaced so I bought my own plastic cups to drink from.
Airco didn't cool at all, we had the luck it was 25C max during our stay but even when set at 19C the airco just wouldn't cool.

There were some positive points aswell. The food was delicious, breakfast and dinner was well prepared and seemed always fresh. Just the manager, also in the dining room has absolutely no clue what he/she is doing. Absolute chaos. But it tasted good.

And the cherry on top of the cake was:
You get some sort of cheesy gift when you leave. A lavender thingy on a folded towel. Though the towel was full of holes, and very dirty. I don't care about the gift, but come on using a filthy towel full of holes to present a gift?
We brought it to the reception and the lady there laughed at us. As in "what on earth are you complaing about". Well this is not my idea of presentation in hotel with prices like this.

Plus we got some sort of score card the last day of our stay, we filled it in. Gave some compliments to a few girls that did smile, and filled the complaints of course. Checked the box to have the hotel management/head company respond to our score card via mail. Well I waited almost a month, never got a response. Also the scorecard was to be put into a locked box which the main company would collect once a week or something. (atleast that's what the card said). Though arriving at the reception there was no box, and certainly no locked one. I had to hand it to one of the cranky receptionists. So I guess it was never delivered as it was obviously not a good score.

To be honest, there are so many beautifull places in Croatia, with so many top quality hotels, even with better rates than this one. Concider those, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't book any room here, and if you do, don't waste money on a suite.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Fredjeereeeeee
Losinj-hotels, Manager at Vitality Hotel Punta, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear reviewer,

we are sorry that your vacation at the Vitality Hotel Punta did not reached your expectation. We will do our best to upgrade our complete service.
Thank You for staying in our hotel and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming You again
Kind regards

#5 of 13 in Mali Losinj
Apartments Katja
Apartments Katja
#5 of 26 in Mali Losinj

Been to Vitality Hotel Punta? Share your experiences!