“Perfect place for a nice and relaxing holiday”

and 1 more site!
Balneo Complex & Spa Aquatonik
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Velingrad
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Beautiful hotel, just outside of Velingrad. The whole hotel helps you feel welcome and relaxed. Big room, with a very big bed. Nice bathroom with a tub. The food is amazing, But the big plus is of course the spa centre and the sauna's.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank R0nald1980

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night with friends to enjoy the spa facilities and to relax after our flight from England. The rooms were spacious, clean and well equipped. The spa was fabulous and it was lovely sitting at night in the hot pool outside looking at the stars with the smell of wood burning stoves filling the air. Only down side were the silly shower caps we had to wear.Food was OK, typical buffet, good choice and plenty of it. Staff were very welcoming and spoke English which was reassuring although we were with Bulgarian friends. All in all a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Our room was close to the railway and there was some train noise but this was not a particular probl...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I spent there 2 nights during weekend and it was crowed it. There were too many people everywhere ...pool was full, spa area also. I was suspicious if the pool and water is clean. Don't miss to try fish feet massage. It was worthy it!
Breakfast and dinners were excellent! The room is big but not so isolated from the noise from the next room.

Room Tip: Rooms which don't have a door in between with another room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank angela97
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The hotel is a bit pricy, but totally worth it. We had superiour room, which was really spacious with nice bathroom and we could prepare tea or coffee in the room. It is very clean everywhere, the food is very good. What we liked most was the pool - absolutely fabulous with various zones for massage of differents parts of the body, there were as well water bikes. The lake Kleptuza is across the street, the most popular restaurants in Velingrad are around 1 km away, which was a nice walk for us. All in all, we loved our stay in this hotel and I can recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denitza
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We supposed to review the hotel and not benefits of mineral water and mountains air.

On arrival I was impressed by the hotel. It is indeed well decorated with soft reach colours. My room was on 3d floor looking at mountains; it was equipped with safe, TV, very comfortable bed, toiletries, and bath robes. However, noise of passing cars (not frequent but regular), smoke from chimneys almost killed crystal clear air and I needed to keep balcony closed while in the room.

Food was very tasty fresh, good choice of fresh salads, meet, fruits. I loved the buffet there like many other guests.

Swimming pool is equipped with hydro jets which massage you from toes to neck. It keeps you entertained and tones your body. But the pool it is small and can be quite packed at times. I would advise to visit the pool in afternoons as in mornings smell of chlorine is quite strong and burns eyes. What i didn`t like most is many little children and some of them didn`t wear swimming nappies.

Spa facilities are good. There are Turkish sauna, Egyptian sauna, infrared sauna, Finnish sauna, ice room where you can find bucket of cold water, shallow pool with salty -5degrees water and ice. The spa has also Knapp path, relaxing room with one pair of headphones.

I have ordered few massages and facial treatments. Massages were excellent. However, I found it a bit overpriced. It is my personal opinion as some other guests thought it was cheap. I think it depends on your own experience.

Doctor Katja who supposed to prescribe two free balneo treatments did not care much and gave me electrophoreses and water gymnast which turned up to be absolutely stupid and probably was designed for people who are barely able to move. When I asked the doctor to change the gymnastic for something else she become very rude and said that hotel doesn`t provide free treatments and I should leave. Only after I complained about her behaviour she changed her attitude and gave me mud treatment. However, my problems didn’t go away and I don`t think I have benefited d anyhow from balneo treatments. To be honest very last thing I needed on health orientated holyday is to have argument with a doctor.

Stuff was helpful regarding to problem arising on the way but was not informative AT ALL. There is no map of the town or surrounded areas, no whatsoever information about local places of interest. I have spent 4 days trying to gain some information by asking people and searching internet. So please if you are active people and don’t want to get trapped in the hotel do you research in advance.

On Thursday hotel was holding private party which lasted till 3 o`clock in the morning. All guests were disturbed and found it absolutely unacceptable.

Overall, the hotel is clean, comfortable but not 5* and I will not get back there.

Room Tip: Rooms on 4th floor are like lofts regarding to shape. I didn`t like it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank olga011
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My family and I visited the hotel this September (week days) and overall it was a pleasant experience - the staff was kind, the room was spacious and regularly cleaned, the kitchen was ok. However, its premises remain rather small and crowdy, given the number of visitors and its 5-star ranking - the pool was small and overpacked, the lounge chairs in the garden were insufficient and often reserved with a towel by somebody who never showed up or did so hours later (and were thus impossible to use), the view from the pool and restaurant was quite strange - 5-star hotel only 5 away from derelict houses and farm horses speeding by. Very few parking places, too. When we ordered a drink at dinner time, the waiter immediately gave us the bill without even asking if we'll be ordering other things, too. Didn't leave a positive impression.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank dika
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Aquatonik hotel and balneo-therapy spa center was recommended by a friend. I usually read all reviews about places I plan to visit. This is the mid of my second week stay here and honestly the health benefits I have obtained thus far have exceeded my expectations. I believe it’s due to the combination of therapy, the concentration of radon in the spring waters and the beautiful Rhodope Mountains weather at present. The procedures at the center are perfectly executed by well trained and knowledgeable staff. The spring water pool is equipped with multiple jets stations with different water pressure for compete body toning and relaxation. It’s not a swimming pool but rather a DIY water massage with therapeutic benefits. The food in the restaurant is delicious and the staff is very polite and attentive. Typical Bulgarian food with slightly Mediterranean accent is served that can please the most exquisite pallet. The housekeeping is outstanding and happy to help. The beauty parlor is small but I had the best mani-pedi by Villi. She is like a surgeon but swift and Danni gave me perfect highlights. In a few days I’m leaving the property totally rejuvenated and grateful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo