“Beautiful clean hotel, food disappointing”
Review of Sol Luna Bay

Sol Luna Bay
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Obzor
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel may 2013, the hotel is very nice, I'm extremely fussy when it comes to hygiene in hotels but the bathrooms where spotless, the cleansers where brilliant to, the only down side was the food, a lot of stews and Same foods over and over again, the staff weren't great they can't speak much English asking for a bus schedule took a while, entertainers where good though, If your going on this holiday to just relax then it's great otherwise I wouldn't advise, it's in the middle of no where has no restaurants or bars for ages, also there are a lot of Germans that go to this hotel, it was only myself and my boyfriend and another couple that where the only English People. So prepare to spend every moment with who you go with cos you won't get another conversation with anyone else haha, there are a lot of trips you can go on which I advise cos the entertainment is awful, it's for kids manly and it's not brilliant for them either, no music after for adults. Alot just sit in silence and play cards, I don't have children but they have a great kids club you would see them coming out in the afternoon dressed up as chefs and other things. The weather is odd in obzor it will be boiling one day and have a storm the next, apparently it depends on the mountains if it's hot where you are it will rain on the otherside ( the rep told us that) overall this hotel was really good, if only the food was great and the location was better I would return.

Room Tip: We where on the third floor facing right out to the beach which was brilliant, advise have a beach f...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear "Amy H"
First I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your holiday. Many thanks for the time spent writing a review in TripAdvisor as well. Many thanks for the nice words about our cleanliness.
At the same time I am very sorry to hear that we didn't met your expectations and that you didn't fully enjoy your holidays. The opinion of our guest is the most important thing for us, and we are trying to give the best product to you, therefore I want to comment some aspects from your review.
Our food, which is so badly rated by you, is one of the best from the hotels in the Sol world and the best of the best four star hotels All Inclusive in Bulgaria .Food is always a matter of taste, some dishes taste very good , others not. For this reason we have a 14-day menu and daily lunch and dinner with more than 100 different products in the buffet (including hot and cold appetizers, 4 different types of meat and fish, fresh grilled meat , pizza, pasta, salads , fruits, vegetables , desserts , cheeses , breads , soups , ice cream and so on…. ) Our goal is to meet every taste and leave nothing to be desired.
Indeed we are located 3 km from the nearest town, but in the hotel description it is clearly said where Sol Luna Bay is situated. And we have excellent shuttle bus service from the hotel to Obzor and Byala and back, where you can find some restaurants and bars.
Our animation program is not only for kids, also it is for adults , starts at 10:00 o`clock every morning with a lot of sport activities – like gymnastic, shooting, volleyball, boccia and etc. and also an evening shows – Comedy night, Musicals, Bulgarian night, Live music….. So we offer a lot of different things than playing cards.
In conclusion, once again I am very sorry that we haven’t fulfill your expectations and I hope that you will give us a second chance and that we will be able to welcome you soon as our special guests.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was there with my wife and some other friends last year 2 times for short periods of only 4 days each time
This year i go again 2 times in june 4 days and August 8 days
What can i say is the best
Staff is great they make you feel very welcome
Food is great - maybe some more sea food included
Drinks are good - but with a small place to improve the sortiments
My personal opinion is 9.5 hotel 0.5 for small improvements that i mentioned plus:
Some extra parking places
Very important more sun beds because they are not enough and without the need to pay for them
And hopefully this year will be no issues anymore related to Aqua Park and will work from now on.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Madalin N
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear "Madalin N",

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and for the great feedback about our hotel! It is always a pleasure to know that we have exceeded guest’s expectations.
We also have put into account your comments, as our clients opinion are of the most importance to us. I would like to assure you that we are going to do our best to make the small improvements that you mentioned. As for the Aqua Park it is going to be open from 01.06 till 15.09

We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again as our Guest in a near future!

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week with my wife and kid. Hotel staff is great, most of them speak English, food is plenty and excellent, room services are very good too. The minuses would be a rather small parking for the size of the hotel, a not-so-great beach and the total lack of any nearby attractions. And that you pay extra for parking :-)

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Traian B
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear "Traian B",
Thank you for having chosen Sol Luna Bay for your holiday and for having taken the time to share your holiday experience with us on Tripadvisor.
I appreciate the feedback that you have given about our hotel. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff, food and rooms.
At the same time I am very sorry that you did not like our beach. As for the parking fee, this is a policy of Sol Hotels and as a part of this "family" we should follow the standards.
Anyway, once again thank you very much for the good words about us.
It will be a great honor for us to welcome you soon again as our special repeated guests!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I Stayed in a fifth floor sea view room during the last two weeks in September. We arrived late at night to find our room totally swamped with midges (tiny flies, the previous occupant must have left the balcony door and fly screen open), but we were moved immediately. They have no double beds. After the first night I asked for a firmer mattress and it was changed immediately. The rooms, and indeed the entire hotel, were new, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The dining room was huge and spacious with large picture windows overlooking the sea. The food was wonderful with a great choice, these guys certainly know how to cook meat tenderly and make ordinary looking food so tasty. The bar service was good and fast with, amazingly, a very effective queuing system – even from the Russians!
There were three negatives to the holiday, none of them to do with the running of the hotel. The hotel was built too close to the sea so the pool area will be very crowded in peak season. Outside the peak season the entertainment, which is standard package holiday standard and good fun, is located away from the main hotel in an uncomfortable dingy barn like structure. And Obzor is off the beaten track and to go anywhere you must travel for an hour over the mountains in twisty potholed roads and the quality of their busses make this very uncomfortable.
The positives, however, are undeniable. Great hotel, people, great service, great food, good local walks, great beach and the Black Sea is great for swimming. Overall very enjoyable and excellent value

Room Tip: Wonderful sunrise (very early!) view from sea view rooms. Rear view show great sunset over the hills...
4  Thank uxbridge1234
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear “uxbridge1234”,

thank you very much on behalf of everybody here at Sol Luna Bay Resort for having chosen us for your vacation and for the excellent score you have given us in your review as well.

Many thanks for the plus and minus points you have given us. We are aware about the problems you have mentioned .Therefore we take every client's request or claim very seriously and are trying to solve the problems as soon as possible.

I wish you all the best and I am looking forward to welcome you soon again as our special repeated guests.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

1. tasty food!!!!!!!
2. professional staff
3. free accsses to internet
4. clean rooms
5. everyday amenities

I recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to spend lovely vacation at the seaside! I will visit once again Obzor - for sure!!

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
2  Thank Kamila W
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear “Kamila W”,
many thanks on behalf of everybody in Sol Luna Bay for having being our guest and for the nice review in TripAdvisor as well.

We are very happy to know that you have spent an excellent vacation. Thank you very much also for the great words about our rooms, staff and food.

I will take your last sentence “! I will visit once again Obzor - for sure!! “ as a promise.
I am looking forward to welcome you soon again as our special guests.

With Best Regards,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Me and my partner spent one weeks at Sol Luna Bay Resort, and I must say that both of us were really pleased with the place, from the moment we arrived, is very close to be a 5 star property.

Two very large pools and access to the sea with great views.

Kids pools and Aquapark (5 slides - lots of fun) both in diferent areas of the property. Plenty of sun longers, you will always find some available, as we did, no matter what time you would arrive.

2 Restaurants, one Italian and a Themed buffet restaurant, and you can eat in either without paying any extra! Buffet restaurant with about 300 seats, so not hard to find a table, self service drinks available all day in the restaurant, with several machines around the restaurant.
4 Bars, with nice staff willing to do anything that you ask, also a few cocktails available.

In the reception bar they serve some snacks after dinner.

A lot of Entertainment during the day and in the evening, with water polo, football, dards, aqua gym, etc,etc...Very nice staff on entertainment team,

They do all the entertainment on evenings from kids entertainment at 8.00 pm and at 9.30 for adults, and a kids club all day to take care of your kids with a member of staff.

Pool Tables in reception bar(Extra cost), table tennis, basketball balls etc all available with a deposit.

Wi-FI free around all the hotel.

Great decorated rooms with AC for free, with everything you need it, The beds were comfy, and clean! Towels changed and rooms cleaned every day
The hotel is in a quiet location, but the next village is a few minutes away, with transport from the HHotel

One cash machine next to reception.

A lot to do and every day to everyone!!

Staff is all very friendly, no one look at you no matter as much as you drink, treat them with respect and they will do the same for you,they do work very hard, 12 hours a day 7 days a week, So treat everyone as you want to be treated!!

Overall we had a great time,

Don't hesitate, just book, and I hope you will enjoy as much as we did!!!

Regards
Francisco Macedo

4  Thank Francisco M
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear “FranciscoMacedo”,

First of all I would like to thank you for having stayed in our hotel and for the time spent to write such an extensive report in TripAdvisor as well. We are so glad that we have managed to exceed your expectations and that you have spent one “really, really good!!!!” vacation in Sol Luna Bay.

Thank you very much also for the good words about restaurants, entertainment, rooms and staff. This means a lot for us, because we are trying to do our best and to get better year by year.

Special greetings from Bulgaria,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We booked this place because it had very few negative reviews and now I know why. The hotel is very big but kept immaculate, the beach, the pools and all the grounds arround the hotel were very clean. The rooms were very large and very clean, we had a cot and an extra bed (which was actually a double futton) and there was still plenty of space for the kids to play (1 and 3 years old). We had a lovely big terrace overlooking the sea, the only problem with it was in the evening we couldn't turn the light off so there were lots of bugs which meant we couldn't put the kids to bed early and have a drink on the terrace. This wasn't a big problem because the evenings were very pleasant, the playground was entertaining enough, there was a different program every evening, which the whole family enjoyed and the kids liked being up so late. We were with another family and their 8yr old son was a bit bored in the evenings, he spent most of the time playing on a tablet in the lobby (the only place with internet). The food was very good, I have had better only in 5 star hotels, there was always something different to eat and even the kids were happy to sample the different dishes, would have liked if it was less salty but only because I avoid salt not because it was too much. The staff were lovely, always smiling, seemed like they enjoyed working there. Our bath tub was leaking and was fixed within an hour of us complaining, whilst we were on the beach, impressive! The only big issue I had was (and that's pretty much in every hotel I have been) you have the tourists who reserve the best seats on the beach or by the pool by putting their towels from the evening so normal people have to use the ones which are far away from water or don't have parasols. I have been in only one hotel that this issue was addressed by staff collecting all towels at 7am in the morning, would be great if more hotels do that. After we left we immediately said to each other "lets come back here next year again".

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GeriH2012
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear “GeriH2012",

I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire team here at Sol Luna Bay Resort for having chosen our hotel for your family holiday and for the time spent to write a review in TripAdvisor as well. We are very happy that you compare us with a 5 star hotel, this means a lot for us, because we are trying to give the best product to our guests! Thank you very much also for the great words about our rooms, beach, food and staff.

Regarding your comments about the lighting terraces, it automatically turns off at 11:00 p.m. and we also provide each room with blackout curtains and mosquito net. As for the sun chairs reservations, we have clear rules that it is forbidden and we trying to control this as far as it is in our power and competencies.

Anyway, once again thank you very much for the excellent review and we are looking forward to welcome you soon again as our special guests!

Quality Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Obzor
Obzor Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Obzor
Sol Nessebar Palace
Sol Nessebar Palace
#1 of 35 in Nessebar

Been to Sol Luna Bay? Share your experiences!