“Really, Really Good!!!!”
Review of Sol Luna Bay

Sol Luna Bay
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Obzor
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Me and my partner spent one weeks at Sol Luna Bay Resort, and I must say that both of us were really pleased with the place, from the moment we arrived, is very close to be a 5 star property.

Two very large pools and access to the sea with great views.

Kids pools and Aquapark (5 slides - lots of fun) both in diferent areas of the property. Plenty of sun longers, you will always find some available, as we did, no matter what time you would arrive.

2 Restaurants, one Italian and a Themed buffet restaurant, and you can eat in either without paying any extra! Buffet restaurant with about 300 seats, so not hard to find a table, self service drinks available all day in the restaurant, with several machines around the restaurant.
4 Bars, with nice staff willing to do anything that you ask, also a few cocktails available.

In the reception bar they serve some snacks after dinner.

A lot of Entertainment during the day and in the evening, with water polo, football, dards, aqua gym, etc,etc...Very nice staff on entertainment team,

They do all the entertainment on evenings from kids entertainment at 8.00 pm and at 9.30 for adults, and a kids club all day to take care of your kids with a member of staff.

Pool Tables in reception bar(Extra cost), table tennis, basketball balls etc all available with a deposit.

Wi-FI free around all the hotel.

Great decorated rooms with AC for free, with everything you need it, The beds were comfy, and clean! Towels changed and rooms cleaned every day
The hotel is in a quiet location, but the next village is a few minutes away, with transport from the HHotel

One cash machine next to reception.

A lot to do and every day to everyone!!

Staff is all very friendly, no one look at you no matter as much as you drink, treat them with respect and they will do the same for you,they do work very hard, 12 hours a day 7 days a week, So treat everyone as you want to be treated!!

Overall we had a great time,

Don't hesitate, just book, and I hope you will enjoy as much as we did!!!

Regards
Francisco Macedo

4  Thank Francisco M
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear “FranciscoMacedo”,

First of all I would like to thank you for having stayed in our hotel and for the time spent to write such an extensive report in TripAdvisor as well. We are so glad that we have managed to exceed your expectations and that you have spent one “really, really good!!!!” vacation in Sol Luna Bay.

Thank you very much also for the good words about restaurants, entertainment, rooms and staff. This means a lot for us, because we are trying to do our best and to get better year by year.

It will be a great honor for us to welcome you soon again as our special repeated guests!

Special greetings from Bulgaria,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We booked this place because it had very few negative reviews and now I know why. The hotel is very big but kept immaculate, the beach, the pools and all the grounds arround the hotel were very clean. The rooms were very large and very clean, we had a cot and an extra bed (which was actually a double futton) and there was still plenty of space for the kids to play (1 and 3 years old). We had a lovely big terrace overlooking the sea, the only problem with it was in the evening we couldn't turn the light off so there were lots of bugs which meant we couldn't put the kids to bed early and have a drink on the terrace. This wasn't a big problem because the evenings were very pleasant, the playground was entertaining enough, there was a different program every evening, which the whole family enjoyed and the kids liked being up so late. We were with another family and their 8yr old son was a bit bored in the evenings, he spent most of the time playing on a tablet in the lobby (the only place with internet). The food was very good, I have had better only in 5 star hotels, there was always something different to eat and even the kids were happy to sample the different dishes, would have liked if it was less salty but only because I avoid salt not because it was too much. The staff were lovely, always smiling, seemed like they enjoyed working there. Our bath tub was leaking and was fixed within an hour of us complaining, whilst we were on the beach, impressive! The only big issue I had was (and that's pretty much in every hotel I have been) you have the tourists who reserve the best seats on the beach or by the pool by putting their towels from the evening so normal people have to use the ones which are far away from water or don't have parasols. I have been in only one hotel that this issue was addressed by staff collecting all towels at 7am in the morning, would be great if more hotels do that. After we left we immediately said to each other "lets come back here next year again".

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GeriH2012
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear “GeriH2012",

I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire team here at Sol Luna Bay Resort for having chosen our hotel for your family holiday and for the time spent to write a review in TripAdvisor as well. We are very happy that you compare us with a 5 star hotel, this means a lot for us, because we are trying to give the best product to our guests! Thank you very much also for the great words about our rooms, beach, food and staff.

Regarding your comments about the lighting terraces, it automatically turns off at 11:00 p.m. and we also provide each room with blackout curtains and mosquito net. As for the sun chairs reservations, we have clear rules that it is forbidden and we trying to control this as far as it is in our power and competencies.

Anyway, once again thank you very much for the excellent review and we are looking forward to welcome you soon again as our special guests!

With best regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I Visited this hotel in september. We are booking again for next year for the following reasons. The hotel was lovely and clean with maids cleaning all day. The food was excellent with a wide choice for every taste. The private beach was lovely and clean with free sunbeds. If you are looking for a relaxing hol this would be the perfect choice but if you choose there are plenty of activities organised by the staff who are all very friendly and work very hard. The rooms are spacious and clean with fresh towels every day should you choose. This hotel also caters for families with a childrens pool area and club separate from the adult pool area. We visited the later half of september so the hotel was not as busy as it would have been earlier in the season which suited us. There is evening entertainment should you choose or the lobby bar if you prefer. A very enjoyable holiday.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear "jacktayl",

I would like to thank you on behalf of our team for having chosen our hotel for your holiday and for the time spent on sharing your expressions from Sol Luna Bay Resort. We are very glad that you have had “A very enjoyable holiday” and that we have managed to meet your expectations. Many thanks for the great words about our rooms, food, staff and beach.

I wish you all the best and I am looking forward to welcome you soon again as our special repeated guests.

With Best Regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Once again enjoyed our visit here, initially booked 5 days but decided to add another night as we were enjoying ourselves so much. As this visit was late in the year, 27 Sep, we expected the weather to be cooler but unusually it was very cool and we even had a whole day of rain and stormy sea but this did not overly bother us, instead of going out for the day just stayed around the hotel in the bar and near vicinity even making use of the games room, (pool table etc) outside pool bar was very handy with machines providing wine, beer, soft and hot drinks etc, was also sheltered, so another plus for a wet day.
We used the restaurant every morning and evening only having lunch on one day as we tend to use the hotel as a base, having a car to get around locally, food is plentiful well cooked and generally you can always find something to your taste, staff are always helpful, extremely polite and friendly, we absolutely love this hotel. other visitors obviously have their own opinions we have been here now over the last two years and can only say the quality just gets better with each visit, though we travel as a couple it does not bother us but may be of concern to others that this is a family friendly hotel and during the high season in particular will be full of children.
The hotel has recently added an Aqua Park to their amenities and we gather there may be plans to add other outside sports facilities which will only enhance the experience of a visit here. the cleanliness around the hotel is exceptional the one person you could guarantee seeing was a cleaner almost 24 hours a day.
For us full marks to the hotel and staff for their professionalism, helpfulness and most of all for just making our stay as lovely as possible.

Room Tip: we prefer sea view rooms which give a beautiful view of the sea and beach
1  Thank jandmuj
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear “jandmuj” ,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for third time and for the excellent result you gave us in TripAdvisor.
I am very happy that we managed to make your holiday “as lovely as possible”. We are glad that the bad weather did not prevent your good mood. Thank you very much also for the good words about our staff, cleanliness, food and in general about Sol Luna Bay.

I will take the title of your comment “Third visit and looking forward to number four” as a promise, so we expect to welcome you next season as our special repeated guests.

Once again thank you very much for the great words!

Special greetings from Bulgaria,

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The location for a beach holiday is very good as the beach is only 50 yards from the Hotel. The swimming pool is not bad but has a minimum depth of 1.5 meters which is not suitable for short people and also has not access for disabled. The food is not that great as it is mainly the same every meal. They has a meat item that was called Irish beef, beef stew, beef stroganoff, Hungarian
goulash but it was always the same. The decor of the hotel is not that great considering it is only four years old. Skirting boards are poorly fitted and only partially varnish. The beds are very hard. There are no usual extras as hair shampoo, shower gel or shower caps for females. They claim this hotel is 4 star but I would rate it as 3 star.

Room Tip: Do not go into room 2131 as it is very noisy as its the nearest to the sea and they balcony door doe...
1  Thank Alan C
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear guest "Alan C",

First I would like to thank you for being our guest and for your comments in TripAdvisor.

At the same time I am very sad to know that you mention more negative aspects than positive ones and that we haven’t managed to meet your expectations all around. I can assure you that we will undertake all necessary actions to fix the problems you have mentioned in your comment.
I just want to make it clear that we have our 2-week menu, with more than 100 different products for lunch and dinner. It is fully normal that some dishes don't meet your taste but therefore we offer so many different products.
As for your room, once you've reported a problem with the door, was immediately sent a technician to repair it and because you also explained to us that this room it`is too noisy for you ,we offered you to change the room, but you refused. And also each room in the hotel is equipped with dispensers for soap, shampoo for hair and body.

Once again, I am sorry that you didn't enjoyed your vacation and I hope that you will give us a second chance and that we will be able to welcome you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just had 2 lovely weeks at this hotel. We had a room with sea view which was well worth the extra.Hotel very clean, cleaning staff were always visible whatever the time of day. Bar staff exceptional, they work so hard and always were polite and cheerful. Animation team too worked hard but that is not my thing so didnt participate in any of the activities. Lovely clean beach with lifeguard and plenty of sunbeds and parsols. Restaurant ok but by the end of the 2 weeks I was pleased to get back to British food. 90 percent German guests and felt menu reflected that, although I must say there were some fabulous desserts! My main niggle (I would be petty if I called it a problem) was the coffee. I found the white coffee from the machines in the restaurant was far too strong for my taste and only liked the cappuccino coffee which you could only get in the main
lobby bar or the beach bar which doesn't open til 9am. This meant I couldnt have a hot drink with my (early) breakfast and had to wait til 9am. This could easily be rectified by either changing the machines in the main restaurant, offering instant coffee sachets alongside tea bags or even better tea/coffee making facilities in the room. The isolation of the hotel meant we were unable to go out for a stroll on an evening, but that is a personal thing as obviously a lot of people choose to stay in the hotel.
Apart from the above 2 minor niggles I thought the hotel was fabulous and would recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet holiday. Seems to attract mainly older people and couples with young children.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for sea view
1  Thank mary5898Bristol
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear "mary5898Bristol",

First of all I would like to thank you on behalf of our team for having chosen our hotel and for sharing your positive feedback from your lovely holiday at Sol Luna Bay.

I am very happy that we have met your expectations and you are right that here everybody is working hard , because our mission is to provide to our guests the best product. Thank you very much also for the nice words about our rooms, staff, beach and “fabulous desserts”.

At the same time I am very sorry that you did not like the coffee offered in the main restaurant, but I can assure you that we will try to do our best to improve it for next season. As for the isolation of the hotel we built pontoon bridge above the river in order to allow the walking connection between the hotel and the near town Obzor.

Once again thank you very much for all the nice words about Sol Luna Bay and that you recommend our property.

I am looking forward to welcome you soon again as our special guests.

With best regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Spent a week and hotel nice and comfi. Lovely balcony with great view. Room a bit old fashioned but clean. Food nice - got a bit fed up with the buffet after a few days and husband got a stomach bug. Very quiet not much to do Obzor close not much there either. Just booked this hotel because of the location as we were going to a wedding between Varna and Obzor. Staff in hotel very nice.
Nothing to buy in shops in Obzor or Varna.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Petya R, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear “71marianne”,

First of all I would like to thank you on behalf of our team for having chosen our hotel and for the review in TripAdvisor as well.

We are so glad that you have spent a nice and lovely week in Sol Luna Bay and that you found our staff, rooms – especially the balcony and food very good.

We will be glad to welcome you soon again as our special repeated guests.

Best regards,
Quality Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Obzor
Obzor Beach Resort
#17 of 221 in Sunny Beach
Hotel Riu Helios Bay
Hotel Riu Helios Bay
#1 of 18 in Obzor

Been to Sol Luna Bay? Share your experiences!