We had high expectations based on the website as well as other travelers' feedback, but we were not entirely satisfied.
On the positive side, we were happy with the staff' friendliness and there services. Also the restaurant is great: dinner is good with a fixed menu per evening, but 2 or 3 options for starter and main course. They also have a nice wine selection with a variety of Austrian and international wines at reasonable prices. breakfast buffet is good, although not everything was refilled (we missed some fresh fruit). In the afternoon they serve various cakes: excellent!
The wellness facilities are also great: sauna, swimming pool, massage, relax room, and a small gym, all well fitted out.
But we were mixed about the rooms and were not happy with the street noise. The hotel is located along the main road into the Stubai glacier and there is continuous traffic from early morning to late night. Although all streetside rooms do have a splendid view on the mountains and the Stubai glacier, they also are noisy, especially when you sleep with open window. And that is the only option to have some fresh air, as there is no airco nor ventilation system, not even in the bathroom.
Some rooms are really up to renovation, especially the bathrooms. We booked a double room DeLuxe, but were upgraded to a family suite on the first floor, right above the entrance. The room was spacy, with a separate bedroom, living room and kitchen, but we would not use all of that. More importantly, the living room and kitchen were very dark and old fashioned and the bathroom was outdated as well, in need for some repair. We tried to get another room, but that was only possible after our first night. We were moved to a double on the 3rd floor, which was renovated and as such much better. Nevertheless, showering was requiring some acrobatic skills when over 1.70 meter! The bath tub was located under the sloping roof with the roof beam in the middle of the bath at 1.70 meter high. So if you are longer, you cannot shower unless bent down.
We spent some 4 fantastic days in the Stubai valley, thanks to the great weather and stunning scenery. We will return, but prefer the Jagdhof hotel, despite its higher costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The wait for that much-needed break is finally over!At least you can recharge your batteries and submerge yourself in the wonderful mountain world of the Stubai valley. The Hotel Stubaierhof Neustift offers the perfect mix of down-to-earth originality, Tyrolean tradition and modern practicality.Numerous additions and modernisations have been put in place to guarantee you unforgettable holidays here at the Stubaierhof. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, seekda GmbH, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Der Stubaierhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stubaierhof Neustift Im Stubaital
- Hotel Der Stubaierhof Austria/Neustift Im Stubaital