“terrific stay, skiing pre-season”

Alpenhotel Tirolerhof
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Loved this hotel. Pretty rooms, wonderful dining area (half-board is well worth it), superb staff. Any imperfections (the big nude people in the sauna) were drowned (or I wish they'd been) by the generally excellent experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bodunky
There are newer reviews for Alpenhotel Tirolerhof

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights over Christmas from 24 to 28 Dec, Two Family's with a total of 9 guests 6 first time skiers. We booked ski lessons for the 25 and 26 Dec excellent instruction which included private transfers to the Glacier and back. Hotel has its own ski hire with high quality skis I cannot thank them enough for the time and patience they took in fitting boots skis.
Hotel food is 5* superb 8 course Xmas eve gala dinner and all other nights superb food. The staff and management are first class. I cannot say more than thank you for a great Christmas holiday.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank john r
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Astonishing 5* service with private table, excellent food both breakfast and 5 course dinner, cosy atmosphere of tirolian hotel, comfortable big room, nice environment of small Austrian town, beautiful sceneria of mountains and absolutely splendid wellness.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ViktorieTenzerova
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriend and our parents recently and had a wonderful experience. Staff was all professional, and very warm and helpful with all our questions. Rooms were clean and spacious. Our room had a lovely view of the mountains. Food was excellent, but good enough. Location - Rather convenient as there's a supermarket M-Preis, InterSport opposite and a petrol kiosk.For this money great hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the tirolerhof we were very pleased with our choice
The welcome we received was really nice with a tour of the hotel and informaton on mealtimes etc .our room was spacious and very clean with plenty of storage space and a good sized bathroom.I have a gluten intolerance and was looked after very well.All the meals and food were excellant and of good quality.I will definately reccomend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank denis h
Reviewed September 28, 2012

On arrival at the hotel we had a mini tour to see where everything was and to be shown our table for meal times.

The hotel gave a very good impression which continued after being shown our room. The room was lovely, they had given us a room with an extra bed with us not being a couple. As this was my 6th visit to Austria though and my cousins 4th visit we are pretty used to the way the beds are set up in Austria ie. like twin beds pushed together but with separate duvets so we used the extra bed to have the map opened out onto to plan walking routes. The bathroom was a good size with a separate WC. The wardrobes were large and the view from the balcony was lovely, down the valley in Innsbruck direction and I could watch the paragliders coming in to land. The only thing which could really be improved was the size of the safe, it was much smaller than in hotels I have stayed in before and we could only just fit passports and money in it.

The pool area was lovely and it was nice just to sit out in the garden even if you weren't going for a swim. There was the option to sit outside to eat your evening meal by prior arrangement.

Their was a good choice at breakfast which included scrambled or boiled egg. I had scrambled every day, it was cooked to perfection. We also were entitled to a free packed lunch every day with travelling with Inghams, normally this is just packed up ready for you but they just left your bag with a drink and a chocolate bar and then you made your own sandwich or two to your own taste which I think is by far the best way of doing things. Much better than it being made for you and something which more hotels in Austria should start doing.

We were often back in time for the afternoon tea/ coffee and cakes, I only had cake on a couple of occassions as I didn't want to spoil my evening meal, it was very difficult to just walk past them though as they were different each day with a good choice and the ones I had were absolutely gorgeous.

The evening meals again could not be critisized, there were quite a few of the starters that weren't to my taste but I could usually work out from the description and skip that course. This also meant that if I wanted I could have a slightly larger salad course. If salad in England was more like Salad in Austria I would definitely eat more of it and I can honestly say this hotel had the best selection for the salad course I have ever seen. It was very difficult to be restrictive with your portion size but you had to make sure you still had room for the other three courses. The soup was usually delicous particularly the cream soups. There was a choice of three mains and on most days I think I managed to make the right decision for me. Just one night the steak was a bit undercooked for me but I like mine to be really, really well done. I asked if it could be cooked a little more and it was no problem at but what did surprise me was that they brought me a completely new meal out, it was no trouble to them at all. Again puddings were usually lovely but if it was something I didn't fancy off the menu I just didn't bother, I'm more of a savoury person anyway.

Once a week you have the option to have a traditional tyrolean meal with no cutlery at a restaurant also owned by the family. If you are a meat eater I cannot push this option enough. I don't want to go into too much detail as it would spoil the surprise for you but I can say the food was excellent, the meat was cooked to perfection. You might want to look into a little bit more if you are vegetarian as it did seem to be a set meal.

The staff were all lovely and very willing to help with anything, they were happy to make the booking for a night in a mountain hut for my cousin as she wanted to do a very long walk over a couple of days.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, in fact my parents are considering it for next year and I wouldn't hesitate in coming back another year.

Thank you for helping to make the holiday so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Innsbruck direction only get the sun for a brief time in the morning, this was perf...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Staffitaxi
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed with my husband and my daughter for a week. Chose a family room, a bit old but very spacious and so cleaned.
Breakfast full of savoury food instead of sweet things, but there's a large selection of "delicatessen" in the afternoon.
Staff very kind, waiters not italian speaking, not a little. Good spa, outside swimming pool.
A very very excellent price/quality ratio!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family