Clean rooms (they clean it every day), big bathrooms and a fantastic breakfast, true! But... it didn't feel homely in the communal area. The back part is filled up with stuff:some mashines, an unused pizza oven and much more. The sofa always seems to be occupied by either Ronnys wife sorting out the linnen and towels or the children sleeping there. So the hard benches are left for the guests and because it gets quite cold in the evening it just feels uncomfy. If you want to cook you have to share two cooking stoves with all the other guests. At night Ronny leaves and there seems to be nobody responsible staying over night in the hostel making sure that some idiots wouldn't climb on the roof in the middle of the night and make the hell of a noise. All the 3 days we stayed I just couldn't get rid of the feeling that the main thing for him to host people is to get the comission for the tours you will book with him. This showed very clearly when he was having his private birthday party with his private guests and friends in the communal area of the hostel. They were making noise until 1:40 am keeping everybody awake until I got down complaining about the noise. At least then they left and it was quiet. But to top this Ronny showed up in the morning too late for breakfast and must have been so drunk the night before that he had lost the key. There we were standing, six people waiting for this really good breakfast, but nobody could get in. OK. He organized a breakfast for us in the hostel next door, but it was only one pancake and everybody still was a bit hungry after that.
To sum it up if you just need a clean room to stay, don't bother to cook and love a nice breakfast stay at the Sleepers Sleep Cheaper. If you expect a bit more of a hostel just go round the corner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- So if it`s the real Monteverde experience you`re looking for, Come to Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel and start living it! We offer you cheap hostel beds, private rooms with shared or private bath & you`ll find a diverse mixture of international travelers that will guarantee you a fantastic stay in Monteverde. For when you`re not out exploring, we have sparkling clean toilets, linen, unlimited hot water, a fully-equipped guest kitchen & internet access. We also offer laundry service. So what are you waiting for? End your search now & stay with us- We can`t wait to meet you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hotel Santa Elena
- Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena