Stayed here 2 nights in the lower room. Great for the price, great location, Rolf was nice and helpful. 2 sets of steps to get to the lower room, not bad at all. Helpful if you have a car to skip walking the rocky driveway.
Very quiet except for the wind and birds.
The unit was adequate size, bathroom was good, no complaints. Very warm and comfy beds.
It is pretty close to town- so you aren't in the middle of no-where, but it is nice to have the convenience of going in whichever direction you like.
No internet here, but we had a good time sitting at the backpackers place downtown and surfing there, chatting with travellers and getting good travel advice there.
We were not at the room very much during the day, so I can't say much about the wildlife encounters then, but Rolf said that lately the monkeys have gone somewhere else.
We did see an armodillo at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde is close to the town of Santa Elena, about 15 minutes walking or 3 minutes in a vehicle. With only eight rooms and no neighbors close by you can enjoy peace and quiet in a forest setting. We have Wi-Fi signal in all rooms. Clean rooms with hot water, possible chance to see animals right outside the rooms and owner help with guides and activities. All rooms have coffeemaker and Monteverde coffee plus small refrigerator. Parking near the rooms. Prices compare very favorably to other accommodations in Monteverde. We are not 5 star so please do not expect total luxury! We hope to see you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Rainbow Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Valley Hotel Santa Elena
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena