We were on our third trip to Costa Rica but had never visited Santa Elena before. We found the Rainbow Valley lodge on the trip advisor and after talking with Rolf several times via e-mail we were very excited . We stayed four nights in the new house and were absolutely stunned by the view from the large patio. The house was fully equipped with two baths, a nice kitchen, and tons of room. Very clean. The price was really great too.There is a second building with an upper and lower rental also.We were far enough away from town to really get the feel of the cloud forrest but close enough to visit as we liked. Rolf was super and kept us supplied with bananas for the animals. I have never seen so many animals and birds on any trip to Costa Rica before! They just came up out of the forrest day and night. Many times, right up to the patio. It was unbelievable. The most stunning experience was when sitting on the patio the trees started to move and all of a sudden 15-20 beautiful white faced monkeys appeared. They came right up to us and one monkey ate a banana out of my husbands' hand! If you want a real taste for the cloud forrest this is the place to come. You will not find anyone nicer or more helpful than Rolf. I did read a review on here where someone thought Rolf made up his own reviews. lol...please..... This is our REAL review and we have been members for some time. Check out the house and animal pictures.
Barbara and Dave
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde is close to the town of Santa Elena, about 15 minutes walking or 3 minutes in a vehicle. With only eight rooms and no neighbors close by you can enjoy peace and quiet in a forest setting. We have Wi-Fi signal in all rooms. Clean rooms with hot water, possible chance to see animals right outside the rooms and owner help with guides and activities. All rooms have coffeemaker and Monteverde coffee plus small refrigerator. Parking near the rooms. Prices compare very favorably to other accommodations in Monteverde. We are not 5 star so please do not expect total luxury! We hope to see you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Rainbow Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Valley Hotel Santa Elena
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena