Stayed in upper cabin with glassed- in sunroom with rainforest views and visiting monkeys & coatis. It was spacious, clean & well equipped. The main room had a comfy queen bed, table & chairs; the sunroom had a mini kitchen and couch; and there was lots of hot water in the bathroom shower. The cabin & a new family size cabin were built with care by Rolf, the friendly owner, who not only arranged an excellent guide for us...but also went above & beyond in service. We arrived after dinner with a flat tire, intending to get it repaired when a garage opened in the morning. To our surprise, early rising Rolf had jacked up our car, removed the tire, taken it to the garage for repair, and put it back on our car....then called out a cheerful "Hello" at 8 a.m. to let us know that our car was OK to go! We really appreciated this act of kindness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde is close to the town of Santa Elena, about 15 minutes walking or 3 minutes in a vehicle. With only eight rooms and no neighbors close by you can enjoy peace and quiet in a forest setting. We have Wi-Fi signal in all rooms. Clean rooms with hot water, possible chance to see animals right outside the rooms and owner help with guides and activities. All rooms have coffeemaker and Monteverde coffee plus small refrigerator. Parking near the rooms. Prices compare very favorably to other accommodations in Monteverde. We are not 5 star so please do not expect total luxury! We hope to see you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Rainbow Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Valley Hotel Santa Elena
- Rainbow Valley Lodge Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena