I'm not sure where to start. My new husband and I spent 3 nights here. We were on our honeymoon and fully expected this to be rustic and with less frills than the other places on our itinerary. However, the room was a glorified tent with walls. They are all separate little "duplex" cabins. We could hear every word our neighbors spoke... not very romantic. We had lizards crawling into our bathroom at night. There was no AC and no TV (TV wasn't really a big deal to us). It was hard to fall asleep because you're in the Cloud Forrest with the windows open (no AC, though it got cold at night sometimes) and you cna hear every animal in the forest. There was also no alarm clock but the front desk would send someone to wake you up if you requested it. There is no pool on site.
There were hiking trails on site and those were ok but we walked them all in a few hours one day. We went there to zip line, which we did than thoroughly enjoyed (we did not do the zip lining on site, we went through a 3rd party company). Most of our time at the lodge was spent in the small restaurant, out on the large deck overlooking the forest. It was a pretty view and they had a lot of hummingbird feaders so you could see many types of hummingbirds within a close vicinity.
The small town was a bit far away. We spent a couple of hours there one day and walked through the entire place. We got bored with nothing else to do so we went on a coffee tour and actually loved it.
I think this would be a fun place to stay on a backpacking tip with friends but I wouldn't stay more than a night or two. If you're looking for romance or luxury this is NOT it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your one-stop location at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge offers 72 acres of primary and secondary forest, canopy tour, over 3 miles of private trails and more than 180 species of birds in a quiet and wonderful place. Our beautiful gardens and bungalow-style bedrooms make a great place to relax, rest and enjoy nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Hotel Monteverde
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge Costa Rica - Santa Elena