As others have said, the drive up the mountain was rugged and bumpy (not sure why we didn't expect that after reading Trip Advisor for months). We stayed at the Cloud Forest Lodge for two nights at the beginning of a week-long trip. It was cool and windy, so long pants and long sleeved shirts/light jacket were needed. We were out of the room all during the day so we weren't able to explore the grounds as we might have with more time. While the room is a bit "rustic" without many amenities, it was clean and provided all we needed. Our room had one king size bed and a twin that we used for a resting place for our luggage. There is also a small open closet with a few shelves, and a table. We got a kick out of the room key which is attached to a very large wooden thing that looks like a pepper mill. There was a hair dryer in the bathroom (I had not seen this in any of the information). The WIFI did not work in our room, but did work in the restaurant. We ate breakfast and dinner there and the food was OK...not the greatest but fine if you don't feel like tackling the mountain again after a long day.
The thing I have to RAVE about, though, is that I left a fairly expensive item in the room when we checked out. I didn't even realize it until the staff called Anywhere Costa Rica, through whom we made all of our trip arrangements. Anywhere CR then arranged to have the item picked up and delivered to our next stop. THANK YOU Cloud Forest and ACR.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your one-stop location at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge offers 72 acres of primary and secondary forest, canopy tour, over 3 miles of private trails and more than 180 species of birds in a quiet and wonderful place. Our beautiful gardens and bungalow-style bedrooms make a great place to relax, rest and enjoy nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Hotel Monteverde
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge Costa Rica - Santa Elena